Watch Dogs Game Discussion Pt 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Continue here guys, the previous can be found at the URL below:

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    For those that have legit copies, what was the actual install size? One guy on Watch Dogs.net said the PC version only took up 14GB on his SSD..

How big is the actual folder?

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    13.9GB

Just checked and mine says this RAWCPUScore="2987.63"

The game looks stunning at night time, day time is a little washed out in places.

Performance for me is a little weird, outside its all over the shop low 30's when driving, 45-50fps when walking around, then shoots up to 90fps in parts.

capping to 31fps with RTSS and leaving Vsync off and also dropping GPU max buffered frames down to 1 helps out massively.

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    All this madness on CPU performance, running on high with ultra textures and water rest on high getting 60+ fps @ 1680x1050

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    So it looks like I was right. There's going to be more to download on actual release day, perhaps higher quality assets?

7. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Thanks a lot for reporting back. I'm seeing completely contradictory reports with regards to how much VRAM the game actually needs. The game stipulates that ultra textures require 3gb of VRAM.
    Very good news that the GPU isn't held back by the CPU, but I think we need a broader range of samples to be sure of that.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I can't wait to get my hands on this when I get in. Does SweetFX work with this game?

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It depends on if one is using AA too.

No AA with Ultra Textures

[​IMG]

TXAA x4 with Ultra Textures.

[​IMG]

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well yeah I saw guru member with r9-290 using 3000-3400mb, but imo its just streaming.. It will fill as much as it can and then stream extra on the fly, that said I wouldnt worry about it unless someone has a little underpowered cpu, he had AMD fx8350 and that looks like its not enough 30-50fps in his case..

Guess the game really likes Intel cpus and fast per core performance.

EDIT: see lmimmfn post above, he's using Ultra textures with 3gb vram 780TI and 60fps+

Last edited: May 24, 2014

11. ggp759

ggp759 Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 680
    evga precision does not work with this game for me. How are you guys seeing those statistics? thanks

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    MSI Afterburner

13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    From my POV.. Running on Ultra requires an SSD w/ 2GB VRAM.. I set mine on ultra and it was unplayable. HDD just stayed lit continuously as I was driving around as it was paging near everything off the HDD. Hitching and stuttering galore.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The game looks like it was built on a fast HDD and lots of fast cores, maybe the devs assumed the new consoles would have better hardware and higher clock speeds and the delay was down to the devs running out of time trying to get the game running well on the new consoles.
    Just a theory though.

Definitely picking this up in a few days, certainly won't be able to get anywhere near maxing it, but it's something i can easily come back to when i do upgrade, and its games like this that make upgrading fun.

Clearly not many people are pirating this or have it early, as i can't remember a PC game launching so smoothly, most games these days have 10 times as many complaints even on patch 5.
    Likely be a different story on Tuesday though, and is there any word on a Day1 patch as it seems unlikely there will be nothing, it's been ages since i saw a game launch without a patch.

15. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Yes, SweetFX does work with Watch Dogs.

16. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I downloaded it, but i have a key on the way on tuesday, but im travelling with work next week so will be a week tomorrow before i can try MY version.
    So far its quite cool, gfx are nice( not uber, but excellent for an open world game on PC, i.e. compared to GTA IV )
    I cranked everything to ultra, have cpu on default 2.7Ghz, no gpu overclock and im getting 50FPS. Its not demanding at all, dunno what the panic was about( haha i was panicing that i mioght need a new cpu )

17. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I have to set my texture to medium to rid of nearly all the hitching caused by textures being read from the drive.. I can run the graphics quality on ultra just fine.. High-Ultra textures though are just too much for my HDD to run the game smoothly 100% of the time. I have 2GB of VRAM also.. I don't think 2GB is nearly enough for High textures unless you have a very fast drive.

I have a Western Digital WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache and a Western Digital WD Black 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache

Both perform the same.. Secondary drive runs a bit smoother since it isn't worrying about Windows files also..

18. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    if i use ultra textures im getting fps drops to 17fps even if nothing is happening in a small room ( when im turning around fast )

using high texture and rest all Ultra + Smaa fixed my problem:nerd:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XacMxuAX9IQ

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Don't think its the HDDs causing the lagging / glitching - my brother has 2 x SSD in RAID0 and it's doing the same thing

20. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Interesting.. Good feedback.. I wonder what in gods name it is then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.