Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    yeah, you need at least 8gb of super fast gddr5 ram for these sh!tty textures:

http://i.imgur.com/ZzTHE1K.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/pRoAqdg.jpg
    give me a brake...

Man... this game looks like ass. And after all the bullsh!t and lies, people believe they will release a patch that will magically make the game look good and perform gloriously.

2. ze1t

ze1t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    Hyper-Threading on or off for this one ?

3. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Texture quality is very good, you just have to enable AF via your driver panel. :)
    This is not exactly a next-gen showcase but it's the best looking open world available on PC, that's gotta count for something.

Later on we will see games vastly surpassing this but there will always be a price to pay. 2GB is just not enough, I would love Nvidia to offer 6GB on their 860/870 versions and 8GB on their flagship 880 but I'm probably too optimistic.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    CPu usage looks pretty good to me.

[​IMG]

Keep it on.

5. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Beautiful scaling. I hope the game makes HT shine, it's about time that it makes a tangible difference in games. Too few truly take advantage of this.

I think it's a really great time to be a PC gamer. :)

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    People have to remember open world games are loading a lot of different textures at the same time(cars people buildings ect)

That stuff fills vram fast.

I'm sure people will still argue that their duel core celeron, 2gb of ddr2 ram and 1gb vram gpus should be running game ultra NO PROBLEMS!

Seriously people under estimate the new consoles imo, they are already doing some impressive stuff and will only get better as companies optimize their engines for the hardware.

While on the other hand pc games are expected to drop 500 quid a year to get decent performance.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Check this video out!

Its a video where someone drives across the whole map... in less than 8 minutes!

Graphically I god hope this is the console version because the graphics looks washed out, and oh boy DAT DRAW DISTANCE is awful!!! Even the people randomly appear out of nowhere!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4EqrC-0nkc#t=147

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The graphics aren't bad. There are even a lot of times at night time w/ rain that it looks like that initial footage Ubisoft put out.

Night time the graphics shine.. Spectacular.. Daytime is the polar opposite. They aren't bad at all. I'm quite pleased actually.. I've seen a few say it looks like GTA4. It doesn't.. It looks much better. It's not super photo realistic but. It smacks GTA4 up and down though. Once you are immersed in the city.. The graphics shine. Gameplay footage doesn't really "put you in the game"

I'm pleased with the game.. And more importantly it's challenging as hell. Raiding the gang hideouts reminds me of Spinter Cell Blacklist in a way when you ghost levels.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Phaze, are the campaign missions any good? What's the game like compared to Sleeping Dogs?

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I haven't done any other missions except the openeing one. I've been exploring. I'll give an opinion on that once I do a few.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just been looking at this file in Docs > My Games > Watchdogs > xxxx

GamerProfile.xml

and found this line

DeferredFxQuality="console"

Ive set it to PC like the rest, gonna see if it makes any difference, there are other setting in there too

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

Hmm. thanks for posting that. I'm gonna go take a look now.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well it's looking like i have thought for a while that just like the E3 2012 footage the game looks ordinary during the day but shines at night, especially when it rains
    Don't remember anyone raving about the first half of the 2012 trailer lol.

CPC_RedDawn, did you watch the video?
    It's made by Playstation Access and has PS4 controller icons.

I still think it looks very good for PS4 though, the draw distance is certainly poor but the lighting looks nice, kinda bland but that is how real life lighting looks for large parts of the day, especially if you live in a concrete city with grey weather.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  15. Harry Lloyd

Harry Lloyd Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4070
    No triple buffering, and you cannot use D3DOverrider because of the 64-bit executable.

Constant jumps between 30 and 60, not playable so far. Any other way to force triple buffering?

Great job, Ubi, as always.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I really think it looks much more like the trailers we saw now -these are the changes I made, I changed the rez in this section from 1280x720 to 1920x1080 too, even though I already had the game set to that

Now it looks so much better, im sure Im not imagining it

<CustomQuality>
    <quality ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" EnvironmentQuality="ultra" AntiPortalQuality="pc" PostFxQuality="ultra" TextureQuality="pc" TextureResolutionQuality="high" WaterQuality="ultra" ParaboloidReflectionQuality="ultra" DepthPassQuality="pc" VegetationQuality="ultra" TerrainQuality="ultra" GeometryQuality="ultra" LodDitheringQuality="pc" ShadowQuality="ultra" ShadingQuality="high" RoadQuality="pc" EditorQuality="pc" ParticlesQuality="ultra" DeferredFxQuality="pc" HDR="1" SuperSampling="0" HighPrecisionNormal="1" RenderSplashes="1" RenderRain="1" MotionBlurQuality="pc" SSAOQuality="hbao+_high" DepthOfFieldQuality="pc" AntiAliasingQuality="temporalsmaa" id="_runtime" />
    </CustomQuality>

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea and the rez was set to 1280x720 in this config file, the game was definitely already running at 1920x1080, but I wonder if textures were not

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    those two pics you posted are the best I've seen to date.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Damn it! Thanks for your feedback though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.