Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    hm, didn't know this, but than again I think it shouldn't affect me, cos I don't use high speed mouse movement in games. I use normal, somewhere around 3-4 on that line in control panel/mouse, acceleration on off. I have razer deathadder and use his control panel but I don't remember the settings.
    I always use FOV 80-100 if possible, cos lower than that is very annoying for me.
    cheers.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i changed my fov to 90 (80 was the default one). (1920x1200 screen)

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    if that's horizontal then 80 is quite low, in bf4 and other games I use 70 vertical which is around 102 horizontal.

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Is it horizontal ?

5. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    The FOV option doesn't do anything at all for me, FOV is stuck at what looks like 75 or something. Not too bothered though, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and I'm having no other problems with it, running 1440p 60fps maxed out

6. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    oh, no :-(. I'm not playing this game, ever, if FOV is blocked :3eyes:.
    can someone confirm please.

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Just finished the game.Man, that was awesome..Classic old school FPS with lots of fun.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Gameplay - A 9 so far. the only problem was a few parts at the start were its seems like everyone has their back to you asking for stealth kill, too easy.

Gfx - Better than Rage, though texture quality is subpar when you look for it. Not Crysis/Bf level, But not Ps360 level either. This looks slightly better than thief (minus Garetts character detail level, which was quite impressive).

Cutscenes are fine at my end and i really dont know what all the whinging is about in regards to them. They look no different to any other multiplat title. Though for the size of the game one would expect 1080p.

Its Wolfenstien. Simple as that really and it seems most are flogging the game off like nothing before it simply because its Wolfenstien. A shame as we finally get a game that has just focused on the one thing of either mp or sp like everyone is always saying fps games should, instead of half baked mp and/or sp and now complain that theres no mp.

Not only that, but gamers keep asking for a return to the ww2 genre and here its is. But nope *my pc cant run this at 4k on launch day.. I want a refund*. As if this is the first game to have issues on release. I cant believe the massive stink people have kicked up over this, as if they didnt know what they were getting into after rage. Childish really.

As for game size, makes sense since megatextures, and the textures arent great, but thats mainly coz pc hardware aint good enough to make proper use of the engine thats designed to use no repeated textures. Carmack was just once again too far a head of the curve. I reckon he was expecting gpu vendors to make some real effort like when he announced the doom 3 engine, of course Bethesda probably didnt help the situation either.

Im more than happy for the nz$45 it cost me (so far).

Edit: even on the lowest settings this game doesnt seem to like downsampling. Anyone else have this problem.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  9. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I read somewhere that you can change the fov but the guns stays the same.that means only background is changing when you are changing fov. sorry for bad english

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Childish? I'm sorry about expecting a game to run fine on a multi gpu rig, with a 1440p 120hz monitor. I've spent hundreds of pounds of my hard earned cash on this pc and you're saying crap releases are ok? Yeah, I think I'll just let my standards and be happy with trash releases like this. Good one.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No. Im just perplexed as to why everyone chose this game, knowing well inadvanced what engine it uses and the short comings of the engine, on top of the fact that sli was never mentioned as far as support goes and finally, just because you spent the money it doesnt mean developers owe you. Thats up to nvidia and amd, who neither sponsored this game like they have a fair few games of the last few months.

Why is that. Is it because they, like us pc gamers know that the engine dosent support sli or crossfire. Must be. They must of figured that one out with rage. Kinda strange how gamers didnt get the memo and are now acting like its a suprise.

I dont get why now all of a sudden after games from ubi, ea and other well known bellends like Rocksteady with arkham city, then theres the clowns who decided to prioritize dlc over bug fixes for Arkham Origins, Titinfall and removing game modes the list goes on.. that gamers chose the well known short comings of IdTech 5 to all of a sudden launch a bandwagon revolution.

How long have we be getting the short straw as pc gamers and multiplat titles. Oh yeah, fc3 was fudged on release also, but not so much as a 'patch should be announced soon, will play then' from gamers all over, that and the 'who cares if they lied about the gfx and dumbed them down, devs do this all the time so whateves. Pc gamers should be use to it by now'.

Once again, you and your 120hz and us multi gpu users are a minority. You invest in a future that the rest of the world hasnt caught up to, let alone know it exists, what do you expect.

The 120hz is most likely a trump card from tv manufactures. Why give everyone eveything now when they can milk them on the low end easy and cheap to make current/old tech and sell it as though its the latest and greatest.

While you and i know better. Avg joe is to busy enjoying reality tv at 25fps and console games at nearly ten year old resolution of 720p.

Edit: for terrible spelling and grammer. I hate touch screens.

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's listed on Nvidia's site as SLI compatible FFS.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/technology/sli

(This will no doubt be removed at some point as it was with ESO but I have a screenshot of it if and when that comes to pass)

First game there, listed under the SLI section with a green checkmark indicating that it is SLI compatible.

If you're going to deride people, at least have the courtesy to get your facts straight first.

And it's not Carmack's engine, it's everyone else? If that's the case then why do you keep saying everyone should have known better since the Rage debacle?

Is anybody so wrong for expecting an engine to have improved in 3+ years?

I mean an engine that you can't even run outside of your monitor's native resolution without being forced into a window (and that problem does date back to Rage JFYI) :rolleyes:

I can deal with no 4K, I know that it isn't always going to be supported right off the bat, I knew that when I bought these monitors, but in other games, I can always switch to 1440P if need be, with this 'God' engine, I can't even do that.

And that's not to mention all the other problems that are still inherent with regards to idtech5.

And one other thing, SLI/CF are not some new technology that developers have to 'catch up' with. SLI has been around for well over a decade and CF is approaching it's 10th Birthday.

SLI support is at an all time low, it has never been as bad as it is now. You wouldn't think so with Nvidia expecting you to pony up $3000.00 for an SLI based card but there was a time when SLI profiles/support was almost always available before a game even launched (worst case a couple of days after launch and even that was rare).

Those days are far behind us :(

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I didn't know what engine it was using, also I've clocked exactly zero minutes into rage so I didn't know what to expect. Also people have been saying they can max rage at 60fps, I can't, not even low settings.

If you think AMD owe me something, you're wrong. It's the engine that is built the way it can't support multi gpu. So yeah, it's the devs who owe me, not AMD.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    bro it's known, opengl based engines or games have much better performance using Nvidia cards over Ati ones.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I know. What I didn't know was that this game was running id5 because I didn't do my research. Still, many run this game just fine on AMD cards. Still not an excuse for publishers and devs to use a sh1tty engine incapable of many standard features that games had years ago. If they built the game around a more modern engine, I would be able to use crossfire AMD run this game at 60fps+. It's not AMD's fault this engine doesn't support multi gpu, nor is it nVidia's.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Somehow i doubt this. As a early adopter to sli back in the days, i was surprised so many games were running on SLI without any patch at all.
    On the other hand Rage was known for multi-GPU problems so it might be different.

But all in all they are pointing fingers at other directions so no one has to fix anything.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  18. shentheory

shentheory Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 4GB SC
    Wolfenstein + Rivatuner

Not sure If I should post this in the Rivatuner help thread or this one, as it has to do with specifically both together. Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

I'm running RTSS 6.1.0, as well as Hwinfo64, together for OSD info for all my games. Works amazing. Well I bought this game yesterday and as soon as I start it up, I notice that where my OSD usually shows, for Wolfenstein specifically, it's just shows blank white boxes. In this configuration the OSD info shows correctly with every other game I run, so it's specific to this game.

Has anyone else tried RTSS or OSD in general with game? I'd love some advice. Thanks!

i7-4770k
    EVGA GTX 770 4GB Superclocked
    Windows 8.1
    Rivatuner Statistics Server 6.1.0
    EVGA Precision

19. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    This game is an unplayable mess for me, just like Rage on release day. Guess I'll be waiting for a patch. :bang:

20. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    YAY...., i found a solution for my Resolution Problem..

Set the DESKTOP resolution to the res you want to have ingame..no matter if 4:3 or 16:9 or 16:10..

the game then automaticly sets this res in the options :) so everything is fine now, hehe...

also, i tested some commands and cfg´s..
    For system Specs look at my Profile ;)

heres my CFG, works good. 90% of teh time 60 fps stable..

looks awesome and detailed..
    Takes about 2sek, when loading the game till you can play. lol.. but its working..

Before you use this cfg, go ingame and set shadowquality to 4k..with 8k, its 7fps for me..
    and set max PPF to 64 in the game menue...quit the game.
    add the CFG lines.
    Start game and dont change anything in the options menue!!!!!

NVIDIA ONLY!!!!

SET to READ ONLY, and no tampering in game options menue or it will use a TMP CFG...

-vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly "512"

you can set 1024 or more, but when using UNCOMPRESSED textures this is a 100% FPS Killer.. so leave it at 512 with uncompressed Textures, or compress textures and use 1024 or more.. your choice..

-//main settings
    seta com_videoRam "2048"
    seta jobs_numThreads "4"

here you set the Vram you have, i have 2gb..
    And the Cores your CPU has. i have 4..if u have HT or 8 core, set 8, etc etc...

-//vt_restart
    seta r_forceVmtrReload "1"

yay, the settings stick, without executing the CFG in teh console after every load, levelchange, etc etc..

Greetz BetA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.