Battlefield 4 (part 4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    My inet speed isn't that great so same here. Cba to stash another copy of a game that big on my HDD just for CTE.

2. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I pulled this off my SSD. Are loading times bad with a 7200rpm hard drive?

It's about the only way I'm going to reinstall it. Last thing I played was a few rounds of helicopter-fighting in the China Rising update pack.

3. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    They are not too much longer. iirc its only about 5-10 seconds longer loading over a ssd, at least after the first map has loaded. Depends on how impatient you are :p

I would test it out for you but I dont feel like downloading another 40 gig after wolfenstein haha.

4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I uninstalled BF4 from my SSD a while back and reinstalled onto my 7200 RPM.. loading time difference is quite noticeable, but still reasonable.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I too wanted to delete BF4 off my SSD and install Wolfentstein but I'm too lazy, and I figure that I will probably go back to BF4 after playing through Wolfenstein&Watchdogs anyway. I only have like 50 GBs for games on my 120GB Corsair GT which is a pain, so I really only install a game which I know that I will play a lot, for a long time.

I wish they would make the damn things bigger and cheaper...faster. :bang:

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Now there fixing the game i want to play it, i also want to play it because i want to kick your ass Moab:D

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    [​IMG]

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I don't know how bugs are reported DesGaizu.... But here is one that has been in the game since day one.

The Chinese Stealth Jet, When you pull up the front canards point down "when they should point up" and when you pull down the front canards point up "when they are meant to point down".

Are you able to report this bug?

I tried reporting it on battlelog months ago but all I got was people commenting like WOW GAME BREAKER..

OTL

It's just a stupid visual glitch really...

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Sure man I'll report it to one of the cte devs. I reported the messed up terrain settings too and they are looking into it.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Thank you..

It is such a silly bug, but hopefully they will look into it.

*edit*

I realized I made a mistake in my sentence explaining the bug, I just realized after reading your quote of me :T

The front canards on the Chinese stealth jet move opposite to what they should be... is a better explanation.

Pull up, front canards should point up, but in the game they point down.

Pull Down, the front canards should point down, but in the game they point up.

I hope that is a better explanation.

xD

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    YOU ON PAL. i've been waiting for this moments to see a vet running in the field, shooting hiding taking tank and... OOPS i did it again!!! getting blown by huge C4 coming out of sky :D

Well i hope to see u on the field general :D

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    am I alone in thinking the jet-hogs are the worse part of the game?
    not being totally serious cause I do respect their skills but staying up there all match long going 88 - 0 how is that fun?
    I can do ok against every vehicle but the jet-wizards forget about it.
    I was using them with great success yesterday to get me up on the roofs in dawnbreaker to wake some snipers up with c4.
    I though it was totally amazing them never seeing me eject from a very very slow travelling jet onto their roofs.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    When it comes to jets in BF3/BF4 "he has all unlocks wins", dont matter how good you are as a pilot. Previous BF games didnt rely on unlocks, all you had was your Jet, limited missiles/bombs and a cannon and nothing else.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I have all the unlocks in the Jets... I am okay with jets.. but I hate players that can magically turn on the dime and kill you in less than a second in an air to air confrontation.

Those types of players are the worst.. *__*

My favorite thing with jets is the tv missile, they are so fun trying to take out attack boats on the storm map.

Things I do not like about Battlefield 4 specifically..

There is no runway.

You do not take off.

You cannot land.

If you spawn in a jet, you are already flying, and you cannot land, or should I say you can land... if you are crazy enough to try to and even then you will probably die when trying too.

Deep Presenter Voice Instant Action!!!!!

Sigh....

I really liked it when you took off.. It was part of the immersion..

You take off in a helicopter in BF4... Why not in a Jet?

It is one of the things I am very disappointed with in BF4.

15. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    You can land, I've done it loads of times...

Landed on the Dam, but yeah no runways is annoying.

[​IMG]

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You crazy person @___@

17. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

The biggest problem with jets in BF4 (and 3) is that they can slow down waaaay too much and turn waaaay too fast. I know Battlefield isn't exactly realistic but the jets are like the trolls of realism in this game. I really wish they would just take them out. The game would be so much better for it.

18. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    The attack plane is incredibly easy to shoot down with the stealth jet. I've never seen anyone with that high of a streak using just the stealth.

If I notice someone hogging the attack plane I use the stealth and shoot them down. Often times these players will lose the initiative to hog the attack aircraft if you continually shoot them down with the stealth. If they are a good pilot they might use their next turn to take the stealth jet and maybe shoot you down, but then at that point, they are not going to be able to do much except shoot at helicopters and the gunship...stealth plane sucks against boats and tanks.

You take off in Caspian and Firestorm.....what difference does it make? You also don't open the door to the jeep, turn the key, put the transmission in gear, etc.....No take-off + AI controlled base AA has pretty much eliminated stealing enemy aircraft and spawn strafing the grounded aircraft.

The jets do very little to help you win in conquest; they cannot capture the flags. The boat is the best vehicle on paracel storm, but they are only strong capture units at the A flag which has very little cover. All of the other flags can be captured while fully concealed from water units.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the game I was referring to was on paracel, he was not on the big frog plane whatever it's called but on a fast jet, the fast jets are the guys i'm talking about.(he was 75 - 0 when i checked and that wasn't even near the end)
    if you come across a good heli pilot then fine you'll have a good time with them in the helis, however with the jets, I dunno they seem so powerful at times :p
    I love paracel as it's beautiful and chit loads happens on it, and I like dawnbreaker for it's map design for flying and for it's verticality for sniping.
    bf4 is freaking excellent in MP, and loads of fun in campaign and the characters are stellar, Irish is brilliant.
    campaign doesn't like my OCed ststem :( but I put up with the crashes.
    for ex. just now I switched it to standard mobo mode, i suspect the game has an inert bug for nvidia 700 users, i tried all nvidia drivers but i'm back to 337.50 for now.
    their star wars game is gonna be hugh, i'd pay £50 right now for the standard edition had it been released.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I haven't played any of the Battlefield 3 maps on Battlefield 4.. I already have Battlefield 3 : /

I've been taken out by the A-10 while flying as J-20 quite a few times, if you get a good pilot in one of those attack jets they are very hard to take down.

Jets if used correctly can do quite a lot, You can also capture flags using the F-35 thanks to it's ability to hover like a helicopter.

Aircraft have always been a large part in the Battlefield series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.