Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Titanfall supports Crossfire fine. Didn't at launch, was pissed about that. I wish companies came out before the launch and tell us exactly what will and what won't be supported.

I'll wait to see how Watch Dogs pans out, they talk about all the tech side of things, I bet you it doesn't support multi gpu on launch and runs like a dog.

2. BigDaddy0790

BigDaddy0790 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti Palit 3gb SLI
    8k kinda implies resolution, not just the shadow settings that does pretty much nothing. I barely saw difference with it.

Right now it's technically impossible to max out this game in 4k resolution because it doesn't support SLI and no single card can handle that. That's just fun!

Also, anyone noticed the sound? It's, like, horrible. I expected it to be better on PS4, but no. It goes from awfully quiet to painfully loud all the time and isn't properly balanced resulting in loud effect sounds and barely audible dialogue. Really annoying.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm sure it will support SLI as AC4 did when it came out (afaik). My worst fear will be no support for Triple Buffering or 16:10.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, the lack of support for Triple Buffering (enabling it causes flickering/glitching polygons) means that I am seeing dips to 30 FPS at times, such as during the train sequence where B.J. is being interrogated and asked to choose photos. I have V-Sync forced in the game profile though because the screen tearing as a result of the in-game option being of the Adaptive kind was too distracting.

As for not supporting 16:10...I'm playing at 1920x1200 and the game is fullscreen...I think, unless I just haven't noticed the letterbox borders...

*EDIT*
    Oh sorry, you were talking about Watch_Dogs. Well I doubt that game will support 16:10 as almost every Ubisoft game I've played to date is letterboxed 1920x1200.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well then don't make absurd accusations that people are lying to themselves that the game is good then, just to drive home your point that you think the game is mediocre. Touche! :p

I would have ignored your post otherwise. ;)

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hehe Gametrailers is getting it now because they rated it a 7 :p

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hehe, no probl that you misunderstood regarding Watch Dogs. I seriously don't understand what they have against 16:10. Ok, maybe not the most common aspect ratio but still used by a lot of people. I can't think of any other game that does not support 16:10 (AAA titles). The Witcher 2 didnt support 16:10 at first but CD Projekt were kind enough to implement that in a later patch. Those guys rock!

But to help you with your problem, I'm pretty sure the game supports Triple Buffering and the reason why the game hops down to 30fps is because all cut scenes are pre-rendered at 30fps (pretty common btw, just like any AVI file). So there is nothing we can do about that. I don't mind that really just as long as the actual gameplay runs at 60fps.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    When I got my retail copy yesterday I put the first disc in and started to install.
    After about forty minutes... I canceled it.

It installed quicker downloading the game directly through Steam. For 44 gigs... took roughly an hour and a half.
    Installing from disc... it was estimating 2 hours, and in forty minutes hadn't even moved off the first disc.

That's messed up.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hehe , i remember doing the same for halflife 2. if i install that from the dvd its also messed up

10. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Aye mine's been installing from disc for the past 2 hours with 50 mins still to go. From disk...Wtf.

11. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I noticed that multisampling (r_multisamples) resetings itself. After level load for instance. How about you guys?

Nah...we have around 30+ Celsius (90F) in Moscow right now. It's freaking boiling...I better staying in home with some conditioning...it's better than cooking my own balz on the smelted asphalt :p

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    How about game and drink beer ?

I dont have a friend named scooter i can ride

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I understand that but sometimes it dips to the 15-20fps range. Odd because the game never dips below 60 for me

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, I realise that many of the cutscenes are pre-rendered (a few aren't though) but the scene I'm talking about in the train carriage was interactive as I was moving the camera about to select one of two photos. This sequence was running at 30 FPS despite the fact that I was stationery and there wasn't much going on in the background except for a stationery guard and a huge robot. Felt horribly laggy as a result too.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have a Samsung BD drive and the game only took around 40 minutes to install from the four discs...plus another two hours for the remaining 11.5 GB! It would have taken the best part of a day to download 40.7 GB on my connection (~15 Mbps).

17. ALPINEST4RS

ALPINEST4RS Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 7970 GHZ 3GB
    So I played the game for about 4 hours straight yesterday. It is awesome, the gun mechanics, the player mechanics, everything is great. I will tell you though, when you make it to level that was showed in the AI bug video. The AI really is like that haha. Its only a short portion though. Its actually kinda good they are like that.

I'm also running the game maxed out 1080p except for ppf and ss. I'm also running 8xmsaa too, doesn't look bad, but again rage = prettier. The gameplay makes up for it bigtime.

60fps about 95% of the time. Had a few dips in the beginning beach scene and hospital, other than that runs very smooth.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    What are you using to force AA? You doing it through CCC or RadeonPro?

Also what is your shadow resolution setting? I have mine set to 2048 and PPF is on 32.

The game looks pretty good, but it could do with some AA to make the image less jaggy in parts.

19. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    After one hour with new Wolfenstain I need to say, gameplay is very well done :). Weapons have very good accuracy without forcing you to use ironsights, so gameplay is very fast and intense, just like in old quake / ut times.

Performance is perfect on my PC after enabling texture compression, solid 60 fps without stuttering @1080p, but the graphics is seriously outdated. Geometry and textures reminds me quake 4 time period, and characters models and faces looks very bad (like they were made from plastic).

If only new wolfenstein was made using new frostbite or Unreal Engine 4 :), and also with MP support :). Maybe wolfenstein new order 2 ?

20. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Couldnt agree more... why dont they just bite the bullet, admit that ID engine sux, and license the Unreal Engine... even UE3 would have been alot better than this mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.