Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    [​IMG]

Lol, didn't they say i7 was required for this game?

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    As i was keep saying..Typical marketing..

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    all these charts are bs, I struggle to get a solid 40fps even at low settings at 1080p and 1440p. Can't believe I paid real money for this pre-alpha. Game is really good, fun and all that, but it's clearly been coded by a hobo.

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That chart shows the performance of a GTX780 Ti.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    They probably didnt give the latest version to AMD and NVIDIA.
    the wait is for new drivers i think.

how does rage run on your setup ?

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  6. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Looks really fun but yeah, I'll wait for crossfire and other performance issues to be sorted out.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Bloody racists lol.

Maybe this game needs an i7 for amd hardware, after seeing the benchmarks im more inclined to get this now, that's it's they are legit.

8. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    SLI will likely never work with Wolf:New Order.

The reason has nothing to do with the Nvidia drivers, but rather the id tech 5 engine.

When RAGE was released, it had no SLI support, and Carmack has long since stated that GPU transcoding within the engine caused data issues with SLI, and that it would not be implemented at a later date.

There were ways to force SLI support in previous Nvidia driver releases, and before prior patches of RAGE, but it was extremely buggy, if it ran at all.

No, I'm afraid this will be Single GPU for the rest of time. And that's a shame, because it really is a damn fine game. So much fun thus far.

Also, I hear a lot of people talking about texture pop-in.... Adjust your Max PPF in the advanced menu's. This was another issue idtech 5. set it to:
    16 if you are on a quad core i5 (no HT)
    32 if youre on a quad core i7 (with HT)
    64 if youre on a 6/8-core i7 extreme or xeon.

Also running the game from a SSD should remove any texture popin because of the megatexture data rates required are a bit demanding for a HDD. Or at the very least, make sure your game cache file (forget where its located) is a decent size, and preferably running on a SSD if you've got the extra space. You'll have to google that for RAGE, as im sure it applies to Wolfenstein now, because im just too lazy to dig that info up atm.

This game is also very VRAM intense due to the worldmap being one giant texture with the idtech5 megatexture design. Check your texture caches and what not... If you're running any less than 3GB's of VRAM, your gonna have problems with popin and stuttering if your cache is set to max. For those on 3GB's+... should be able to max everything out.

Funny thing about that megatexture.... it can be a curse and a blessing. If you had a video card with 12GB's of VRAM+, and a fairly capable system to go along with it, your entire worldmap textures could look photorealistic with little or no popin. Since this is a multiplatform title, the megatexture size has to be significantly reduced (belive it or not, this is the reason the game data size is so big), and thus, textures on walls, ground, objects look "last gen" (lower res and grainy), to get performance decent on all systems. If it were just a PC title, those megatextures could really shine, but alas, they have to find a happy medium that fits on one disc that everything can run. Blame consoles for the megatexture ickiness,.... not the engine. Idtech5 has the potential to put all other engines to shame if you could run it on a uber PC with massive amounts of VRAM and SSD's, but has to suffer at the hand of multiplatform cash grabs. Megatexture lightyears ahead of other map texturing methods, but also, sadly, lightyears ahead of our current hardwares time.

One last thing... some complaining the textures and stuff look washed out on chracters and walls and stuff with color banding. Adjust your ingame brightness to half what it is by default. It makes a world of difference and it goes from looking like a last-gen game to a really great current-gen. Brightness can make all the difference.

9. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Just got it installed, tried a bit and it seems to work fine atleast on auto settings, medium/high. Going to see how it really plays later this week, but so far it looks good.

10. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    So I should be ok to run this at a solid 60fps?should I set my screen to 60hz?

11. ALPINEST4RS

ALPINEST4RS Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 7970 GHZ 3GB
    Has anybody tried a custom rage config file yet??

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Nice post, I agree that the engine can look reaaaally good but was born before its time. I remember in Rage there were some areas were the canyons looked very good from a distance. Too bad about SLI, I guess I will only enjoy this game maxed when I get my next GPU with ****loads of vram. The game itself is worth it though, even with all the engine/hardware limitation problems.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have never played Rage. not even for a minute.

14. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    I was having problems with the game... Artifacts... Stuttering...

Formated my PC (something I was delaying long time ago...), installed Windows 8.1 and 14.4 WHQL AMD drivers.

CFX doesn´t work but with only a single R9 280x i´m playing it maxed at Full HD. Very rarely goes down the 60fps mark.

15. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    No doubt that game engines in the future will incorporate more megatexture worldmaps (it'll inevitably be the only way to go, especially with the new VR heasets coming out, and photorealism will become the next big hurdle)... but that's still 5+ years out before we even have cards with enough VRAM and system hardware that can produce photorealistic megatexture worlds. And that's just static megatextures (like the ones we see in rage and wolf:new order). It'll be 10 years or more before we can see dynamic megatextures (where the textures themselves can animate and morph, have animation, etc) because of even far more VRAM requirements.

I think the megatexture in Wolf:New Order is like 35GB's of the 50gb's installed (don't quote me on that, but it's close if that's not it)... and that produces the last-gen looking walls and terrain/object textures that you see. It would take a couple terabytes to start getting close to photorealism with a single megatexture, and of course, there's no console disc, nor video card, that could handle a size nor buffer of that sort on the retail market... and not for a long ways to come.

If you DID have the hardware available today to do a completely maxed out idtech 5-engine based game using megatexturing to its fullest extent, it would make even new engines like UE4 and CryEngine 3/4 look embarrasingly bad in comparison.

I believe they optizmed id tech 5 for transcoding, as the majority of gamers are running either on a single card or a console... and they had to sacrifice SLI support to have the engine focus more on single card optimization.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Genuine question. :p

If the games locked at 60fps, and runs at 60fps on a single card, whys everyone up in arms over no Xfire or SLi, as surely, its going to run exactly the same on 2x cards, as it does on 1x card, it would even run the same 60fps if you had 400 cards wouldn't it ?

17. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    Because the game does dip below 60fps at times, especially at higher vid settings and resolutions during intense game situations.

More video cards will help keep it at a steady and constant 60fps, especially for those of us beyond 1080p.

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Because we now don't have anyway of knowing who's e-peen is the biggest

19. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    That dont count for DUAL gpu users like me, and some others on this forum.

Its kinda bull**** this engine, i could play the max settings lets say even with gtx 580, but with a gtx 690 i cant because its a DUAL gpu ?

This is seriously pissing me of.

If they say id tech engine 5 dont support sli then i hope the developers go bankrupt.

20. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Man the game is so so good once you get off that first initial intro stuff. So good and as said I find while nothing actually stands out graphically, all together it just seems pretty nice in motion at times, just doesn't show in screens. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.