Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    They should be standard, there is no excuse for it at this point. None of these features are new or unknown, most if not all of them have been around for years and SLI is ancient by technology standards.

I should have known this was going to be a problem because the Rage version of Id Tech 5 still does not support SLI to this day and has numerous annoying bugs that were never fixed.

I had heard that this version of the engine does support SLI but with no profile or new driver as of right now, I guess the soonest we can expect anything is tomorrow.

One decent card is fine for 1080P but SLI/CF is necessary for 1440P and beyond (if you want all the trimmings) and the lack of support for all games (especially AAA titles) is truly discouraging at this point.

Throw in the fact that the glorious 'next gen' consoles have trouble with 1080P, and we probably wont be moving forward any time soon.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Try using nvidia bits for rage.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Here you go...these are from the PS4 version, which is 48 GB in size, and unfortunately suffer a bit from Facebook uploaded compression but the PC version will be pretty much the same with much higher image quality (anisotropic filtering, anti-aliasing and whatnot):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol why would you want to run in sli anyway, 1x 560ti is enough @ 1080p..

btw new 337.82 has this

SLI compatibility: 0x00000004
    predefined: SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_ONE
    predefined forced: SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_SINGLE
    hybrid ogl rendering mode: 0x00000004 (Rage, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Doom 3 BFG)

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Anyone know of a screenshot of the options menu?

7. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Wow textures are pretty damn comical in the PC version but man that looks horrid on the PS4. My version on PC looks a fair bit better than that maxed out. Saying that, it is one of those games that doesn't seem to have anything graphically special individually but all together in motion actually looks pretty cool at times, it's not a game that will shine in screens, the engine does look dated, it needs to be in motion. It lacks consistency but the best compliment you can say is it really does take me back to the old skool times in terms of feel visually and the way it all flows along, you know you are playing a Wolfenstein game and that's exactly what i want.

SLI does seem broke, first level was up and down, generally 60fps but certainly a fair few dips into the 45 area and some micro stuttering. Gonna hold off now and wait to see if SLI can be enabled properly as i want to enjoy it.

8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That means one card AKA No SLI :(

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    My god that is probably some of the worst character models I have seen in a recent game!

Still waiting for my CD Key from g2a.com to come through. Not really impressed by this and all the poor performance issues people are having. That and I will need to download 40+GB!!!

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah kinda sucks to see hw unused, but Im pretty sure 1 Titan will be more then enough to handle higher resolutions, surround etc. :)

last time I played Rage 580gtx @ 1440p downsampled it hoovered ~ 40-60% even in most intense parts.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Rage runs surprisingly well at 4K on 1 Titan but then again, it is 4 years old.

Having said that, Wolfenstein doesn't seem any better looking than Rage so maybe one card will be enough.

At any rate, I can always switch to 1440P if necessary.

Still a shame that they aren't getting this sh!t sorted before launch :(

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    makes you wonder what the 40gb is all about if the textures look comical, right?

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Super detailed textures aren't everything, I agree. I think the game looks good even on the PS4 while playing it, kind of like RAGE in retrospect, which was a lovely looking game as long as you don't look too closely at the textures. Then again I'm not sat 12" away from the screen like I am with a PC game.

Also, didn't NVIDIA disable SLI for RAGE due to issues with Transcoding? If this game is also using the same engine and Transcoding then doesn't it follow that NVIDIA will likely release a profile for it that forces single GPU usage like RAGE?

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By the way this game is developed by ex-Starbreeze guys who did great The Chronicles of Riddick games as well as the first superb The Darkness game on the 360.

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I read somewhere that it was tested with SLI and works (can't remember where tbh).

The fact that there is still no profile leads me to believe that whatever I read may well have been FUD.

I'm hovering over the refund button - don't really want to give these guys money but I like the look of the game.

I've got 3.5 hours to decide.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You can always get it again later, the refund you cant.. well somtimes.

The ps4 version looks last gen.

17. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Yeah like i say, I actually do think this game in motion does look pretty cool at times, melee's etc look cool, as do the guns and the AI but yeah it does rear it's dated looking engine side aswell, first part of the opening level with the plane at least felt dated, but overall it's nice. I was torn between getting the PC version or the XB1, i wanted it for the XB1 so i had something i could chill on the sofa with but in the end i went PC for the M/KB. Seeing that PS4 shot makes me feel i made the right decision.

Can fault what i have played though so far, guns feel excellent and the gameplay flows along nicely and it feels like Wolfenstein which is what we all want really.

Gonna hold off now and wait for some tweaks or a patch to address the dips :)

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I really wish they came out before the launch and say.

Do you not think a bit of transparency like that would go a long way?

19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, exactly - think I am going with the refund.

I don't want to support these guys tbh and I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be the same story as Rage where they promised it would get fixed several times and it never did.

At one point you could actually enable transcoding even if you had more than one card but either Nvidia or id 'fixed' that.

Now you have to physically remove the extra card(s) in order to get it to work.

I'm surprised that id became so 'anti' PC when they were the pioneers of so many great and ground breaking PC games, real shame.

20. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    lol what a joke, the game looks a bit better than rage, there are games with better textures while being 1/5 of the size. Seriously, they should just scrap this engine, megatexture is crap. When bethesda bought id, i remember people hoping that they would use idtech5 to make an elder scrolls or fallout game, now imagine what the size of an open world game like that would be, when a corridor shooter is 50gb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.