MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19(2014-3-27)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well that sucks :(

Congrats whingers, you got what you wanted.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There won't be 295 x2 voltage control support in upcoming 3.0.0 final. I still have no card here and MSI plan to send it out one day in future but want to release final version before.

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    most important feature :(
    unwinder mate i have the card in my system right now if you need anything from me to get support going for these cards for 3.0.0 final like debug tools or information let me know and i can get the info to you before final it would make my day

my card i have is a MSI R9 295x2 version....

4. Unwinder

I don't need anything but card in my PC to support it, sorry. MSI will release final 3.0.0 without 295 X2 voltage control.

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    [​IMG]
    ah how msi like to lie to there customers, like the box design...

hmm strange cause i remember back in the day helping you out with the 4790x2 version or something like that and you sent me 2 files that would gather debug information also in afterburner there is a debug mode that you could run to get more information....

its very strange that 3.0.0 final would not fully support 295x2 msi card
    hell man it has your logo stamped right across the box of the card and the card has been out a wile now.... i bought this card on the asumption that it would be fully compatible with afterburner.

i am going to contact msi and see what the dam issue is with them rushing your software out.
    but if they are paying you for the support of the program then i dont know what they are playing at or you or both of you lol its all just strange.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  6. Unwinder

I neither sell you the cards, design retail box and advertise AB as compatible with 295 X2 voltage control nor represent the company customer service. If you don' like something about the purchase and the card features - contact MSI and return the card. Flaming about lack of support in this forum section and dropping things like "but if they are paying you for the support" is useless and annoying if not say more.

7. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wouldnt say i am flaming at all.
    I am a customer and payed for a product that should have had support added to there card
    if there going to advertise it on the box that is then support should be there, or they could have put a little note in the box stating that afterburner would be supported in a future release not to confuse the customers buying the product, after all its a $1500 card or £1100 card.

i know its not your fault so dont take it that way, but your coming across the wrong way with your replys.
    for instance you wont add full support unless MSI send you a R9295x2 thats the way its coming across.

what i am trying to say is you should be demanding that msi r9 295 support be added to msi afterburner to msi and refuse to release 3.0.0 final until it does get support as you should be telling msi that there faulse advertising your product....

it should not be the customers job to try and get support added afterall you support msi not msi supports you...

also i offered to help you get support added, you dont need the card to add support, if you wanted you could have added support by getting information from me on my card but you wont and will wait until msi send you the card

anyway i wont make anymore posts in this thread any anymore i being the customer has gotten his point across by now.

8. Unwinder

Please read it one more time and slowly : there are no MSI reps in this thread or forum section. If you're unhappy with the card features/advertisment, simply discuss it in official MSI forum where you can solve it with customer support by returning the card or in some other form.

Stop that "if you wanted you could have added" nonsense. If you really know what developer needs to add new hardware, probably you can offer your coding skills to MSI or any other vendor? I cannot add this hardware support without having the card here. Let's stop this useless talk.

9. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So what your saying is every single card that msi afterburner currently has support for,be it reference or not that you personally have had all those cards in your system to be able to add support for them cause if thats the case than i call that, bull.

you have not even said what you need to be able to add the support just that *YOU NEED THE CARD*
    well going by what you said that only voltage control will be out in the 3.0.0 final why is it that you cant ask us for the voltage registers information like previous cards had, our cards do have them its just they need added to be used.

well anyway, good luck...

10. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    one could argue that two VRM on one card might not behave similar to a single module.

Or one could just accept that sending out a test software to users which might overvolt the GPU to 13V instead of 1.3V is not such a good idea.

or one could think that Unwinder is not such an awesome leet dev that can fix non working voltage magicaly over a few tousand kilometers.

i definitly vote for option 3 ! SCNR xD

P.S The Forum description is somewhat vague:
    If that could be rewritten in bigger and red, it might prevent some People from asking for MSI reps to fix their broken cards.

11. Unwinder

Yes, I personally have a lot of sample sample cards with EVERY supported GPU family (for developing low-level driver for this core) and EVERY supported VRM family (for developing voltage control path for it). Each voltage control tool is being developed this way. If that sounds like bull**** for you - you're incompetent noob who never developed any low-level software yourself. Stop posting here please.

12. Unwinder

The description reflects what was initially planned by MSI. There was a staff in the company for answering typical customer questions here. Sadly, since starting MSI AB project back in 2009 till now there were 3 different product managers working on it. The first one (Garrett Wu) was indeed pretty active here, but he moved to ASUS a few years ago. Current MSI activity level here is equal to zero sadly.

13. Shabadoo

Shabadoo Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080TI
    Maybe you should make a thread or edit the description to mention that fact :)

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Yeah Garret was here a lot and dealt with questions as this and
    Not that it matters but I think he is at Gigabyte now.

15. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Is it normal that there is no voltage monitoring on the OSD for the GTX Titan Black. And no voltage settings in Afterburner?

16. Unwinder

Didn't know that he moved to GB after ASUS. Hope he is happy there ;)

17. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    bug report: After updating to NVIDIA 337.50 driver a.k.a. The Wonder Driver, NVENC encoding stopped working, it does'n work on 337.60 nor in 337.81. When I click the benchmark button I get a "NVENC_ERR_NVENCGETENCODEPRESETCONFIG_FAILED!" error. If I revert back to the 335.23 driver it works.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  18. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Known issue that requires a driver fix by Nvidia.

19. octiceps

octiceps Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI
    In a thread that was accidentally deleted, ManuelG said it requires a fix on the application end not driver end.

20. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I believe this is a hint how he might fix it.