Battlefield 4 (part 4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It would make a lot of sense to have CTE running whenever it's needed or even all the time. I think many are sick to "test" unifinished patches on live servers and rage than to rather wait out and have it tested by people who actually enjoy doing it, and there are many who do.

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok if thats the case then that means we could see fixes for BF4 for alongtime to come which is fine. When do they actually put these fixes out to the official servers so that all the noobs like myself can play?

Im not interested in being part of CTE, but i would like to know when these CTE fixes will be rolled across to the official servers.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    New patch just hit cte.

4. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Obliteration competitive mode? HMM

5. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    what is CTE and will it be available for public soon?

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    No one knows when the fixes will be applied to the live servers.

7. jackttt

jackttt Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 970
    Anyone still actively playing this game? Recently got this game, looking for players to squad up.. By the way, noobs is here, but like to voice chat and communicate on mic. Probabbly looking for morning/ afternoon players in the UK/ USA .

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Will we get a free DLC, like Close quarters by Bf3?

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Maybe, but keep in mind that CQ got free for a limited time several months after the launch, basically sometime before BF4 release.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Exactly. It was several months after the last DLC hit. Maybe this time, next year, we'd see something alike :)

11. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    they should release the fixes to public ASAP because not everyone is willing to join CTE.

I mean if the fix works then why not release it to everyone? This is weird.

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Because if they release it to stable and someone finds a small bug the entire community will **** themselfs and start spamming death treats to DICE employees...

It's taken them this long to get it setup to do patching properly. Don't complain.

13. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    I`m just curious,do u guyz think that we will see another Battlefield game in october or this game,BF4,should last until Battlefront will be out?

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    lolwut, this is the exact reason CTE was made in the first place, so people don't have to test an unfinished version on public servers and then bitch and whine all the time. They should take their time, I waited so many months already for a netcode fix, hell, even if it launches in the last months of the game life I will be glad because then I won't have to worry about Star Wars Battlefront and other future frostbite powered games.

It will be SW before any other BF game, I'm 99% sure.

15. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I would not be surprised if bf5 be announced at this year's E3

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Pretty normal to announce a new BF Game if its planed to hit 10/2016 on this years E3. Was the same with Bf3 (and BF4, dunno anymore) that it was shown 1st peaces of BF3 on E3 2 years before Release.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I personally think they're now using CTE and finally the main client of BF4 as a testbed to really solve the whole "netcode" issues surrounding the frostbite engine.

Though the netcode isn't wrong per se, it's just that devs need to realise that they need to stop having so much overhead in timings, interpolation, latency, ...

When people die once or twice behind a wall after 50 ms it's not that bad, that's within lines, but when u die behind the wall 200 ms later 20 freaking times it's messed up.

And the dying behind the wall is correct, it is supposed to happen, the enemy killed you on his monitor, it's just that the latency and everything, ... it takes TO LONG before information reaches players.
    Players are reacting faster then your netcode can keep up with.

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    We won't see BF5 for a while. DICE are working on starwars and mirrors edge, danger close aka DICE LA are working on BF4 DLC, and the bf4 CTE.

We could see a spin off of course that police game seems to be real from what i've seen.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yes, but soon Dice LA have enough time to produce the "police" DLC or BF5, who knows.... 2016 there will be def. a new BF game and since Dice have enough to do with SW:BF... time will tell (soon, in june). 11

20. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Corrupt: getting killed after you've actually taken cover isn't quite as annoying as being killed by someone you couldn't kill even if you've been trying to. By that, i mean the cases where you can see the glare from a sniper's scope, and when you try to snipe him back, he's behind a tiny little wall/lip... say, from a destroyed wall or at the edge of a roof. He can shoot you easily, but all you do is hit the wall. Or like the people in TDM that hide behind those two large boxes in Siege of Shanghai that are next to the building on the river side... and while you can just barely see the top of their head, they shoot you like they're out in the open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.