DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Been looking at a few vids and yeah the graphics look a bit poor. I mean just take the blood spurts for example..(plus glitching...texture inside buildings..plus inside buildings all look the same really badly done in my opinion..plus I havent seen one zombie appear inside a building..at least u should get some heavy breathing inside a room for example).

Just looks second rate. Just looks empty...Yeah i know it's post apolytic etc etc...

However if they were more zombies with perhaps some bad ass zombies or even mutant animal zombies that would spice things up.

Also perhaps mines...bazookas etc...grenades...trip wires...stealth kills..flamethrowers etc etc?

Missions? Safehouses...perhaps some kind of system that allows u to identify possible danger zones etc..

Otherwise after the initial excitement/suspense looks like there is very little to keep one entertained.

Will keep an eye on it though.

So much quality could be done here...

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    @Mitzi

There was a devblog released today. I tried to link it, but guru3d won't allow it. Just google "Dayz devblog tumblr" and you'll see where the game is headed.

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Looks interesting.

But I still have major doubts re the engine and what they can do with it.

I personally dont like it. Not sure how I would describe it but seems floaty..i.e not enough weight/physics to it.

They surely need to add some zombie kill moves..heads+limbs flying off..?

Atm all i saw were other players being the most dangerous unless there were a group of zombies..even then they seemed pretty dumb (well ofc perhaps most of them should be..).

Unless ofc they are a bit like 28days later. (now those seemed pretty deadly).

Ok maybe not werewolves but you could have some other interesting beasties.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The feeling you get though Mitzi when snooping around Airfields looking for gear and you encounter other players is a feeling no other game can deliver.
    Its worth playing just for that, let alone the huge map even if the game isnt perfect.

The game is still being updated, although updates are slow coming.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    True I gathered that much! I'll wait a bit longer though and see what happens..

Just for me I tend to lose interest in a game rather sharpish unless it pulls me in, in one of quite a few ways..and I find if I can think of ways it could be better I end up ruining my own sense of fun!

6. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DayZ will never have that arcade-y, Left 4 Dead level of animation. Sounds like H1Z1 might be more of what you're looking for. It should be out within the next few weeks.

Like Veteran said, the paranoid feeling of roaming the countryside, scouting loot areas, and sneaking around airfields and such, offer up a feeling no other game does, but it's definitely not everybody's cup of tea. If going lone wolf doesn't appeal to you, find a crew, get on Teamspeak/Mumble and you will have a blast. There are myriad ways to play the game. Just use your imagination, or watch videos and streams to get ideas.

7. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    I'm so into the idea of this game.
    none of my regular online gaming friends are though, so, that creates a problem for me.
    Lone wolfing it just feels like it would be suicide to me, to the point I'm put off buying.

Are there any clan/guild type operations out there willing to accept nubs like me ?

8. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    It is second rate, but it can lead to some intense moments.

At this point, what you see is what you get...the quality of sound and character/weapon models that you get in AAA titles is not what DayZ is about....everything relating to shooting mechanics, graphics, sound, controls...all very mediocre and I highly doubt any of that will change much.

But once in a while, the combat experience can be very cool. More so with the mod version though. I would try that first.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Not if you take your time and wait, get yourself a Mosin with an LR scope which was rare the last time i played, scope that is.

Ive been watching the updates for this game and ill be going back too it but not just yet.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  12. 2_fast_4_you

2_fast_4_you Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan
    Frankie is a good one in my opinion. Always good for a laugh

13. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Frankie is cool, just hate his high pitched giggle he does.

Two angry gamers are good for a laugh also.

14. Gudatu

Gudatu Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD 6870
    There are some important news, Dayz Standalone is moving to another engine called 'Infusion'. Hope it turns out well

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    thought i'd give this a go. first up mouse doesnt seem to move in options screen and cant seem to change res to 1920x1200.

works ok in windowed mode but then max seems to be 1600x1200..

wtf!?!

p.s after running around for ages trying to find food and dodging zombies finally found a weapon, found some medical supllies then got killed by two dicks..

mic wasnt on so perhaps needed to get that working.

16. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Welcome to DayZ! Sounds like a pretty typical first session.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yay but odd it doesnt let me play @1920x1200 and mouse in menu is fubar...

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I aint played this game since feb, ill be going back to it once the tents are in it and possibly vehicles.

19. Gian_om

Gian_om Guest

GPU:
    gtx 560 Ti 2Gb
    that's right!

20. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yup, a mic is a must in this game if you ever want to have a chance at friendly encounters. Reading other players' intent in their voices is a huge part of the meta-game. I always regard players who aren't speaking as hostile.