STALKER Lost Alpha thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Labyrinth, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    Yeah its the 'alife simulator' engine that is demanding, some people were discussing it would have been one of the main reasons why Stalker could never have a decent console port, because it really is resource-heavy (and poorly optimized imho)

I kept playing the game after saving Fox, game is still a little too buggy, I'd recommend waiting a couple of months or more so the bug get ironed out and texture modders really start to kick in

2. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Yeah, although I suspect maybe there are some script bugs causing the lag, because as I said in a previous post, some areas where the FPS lags badly, if you save, quit, load it's fine for a while, so perhaps some A-Life scripts are not unloaded when you move away from NPCs when they should be.

That's just a big guess anyway.

I'm still working my way through Autumn Aurora 2 (brilliant mod) and taking my time so I'm kinda just testing out Lost Alpha in between, when it is more stable, less buggy then I'll probably give it a nice playthrough or 5 ;)

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Done a un-install of the whole lot, so starting again from a clean.

This time, i went into the bugfix AI one and removed the helicopter sounds, so that when i copied them all across, those wouldn't be copied, so not causing the invalid .ogg error, id still be using the default helicopter sounds, and so far so good, no invalid .ogg errors. :)

4. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Well I got it all installed and now it's glitching, of course. The light is flashing like mad in the basement to meet wolf and when I walk outside, I can't even see the sky; it's like waking up from a 4 year coma in desert sun, can't see anything. Think I'm going to give this one a few weeks to work itself out, need to finish Borderlands 2.

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The "Leap of Faith" stash:

The grind of all grinds and I got tired of it in the end. Basically it's a stash located near the damn in the countryside with... A Duty SEVA Suit and a Sauron's Eye artifact (a good one to boost health, 150% and worth 40000).

You have to basically walk across a path in thin air but it's not straight and very erratic and requires excessive use of the quicksave button. I got across to the stash but when I had to go back to the damn I was like f*** this.

If you can't be arsed here's a solution, I call it the "Yolojump". Basically you'll be able to jump very far and insanely high without taking damage:

Needed file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/9i0yj8y45f6p5yo/actor.ltx.YOLOJUMP

• Go to ...\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha\gamedata\config\creatures
    • Rename actor.ltx to something else, per example: actor.ltx.BACKUP
    • place actor.ltx.YOLOJUMP in this folder and rename to actor.ltx

Now go back ingame, jump across, get the stash and jump back. Save your game, quit and:

• Delete or rename the actor.ltx file (the one that was the YOLOJUMP before)
    • rename the original actor.ltx.BACKUP back to its original actor.ltx name

Go back ingame, you're good to go, you've got the stash and jumping will act like normal again. We've basically TEMPORARILY changed the jumping behavior.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  7. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
  8. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Hey man, thanks for the new update ;)

AI seems to be improved greatly, and, maybe placebo but feels a bit smoother, will need to load some areas that were laggy before (like the fight with 2 burers that during the fight = 30 fps, after I killed em, 60fps) - so maybe some stuff was fixed in the AI community fixes.

9. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yes, AI has been vastly improved. There were some silly scripting errors that have been ironed out. The AI is actually very deadly now.

10. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Erk, hopefully not too deadly, I was really struggling in Autumn Aurora 2's AI, my eyes are not so great hehe.

I wish AI was blinded by flashlights, vision impaired during storms, cause sometimes the AI just seems to shoot through walls and get perfect headshots in pitch darkness or storms. Always been a gripe of mine ;)

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just had a try of that one myself (cheers harkin :)), only problem i had was, going over the bridge by the right (so avoiding the soldiers guarding it), there was a soldier on top of the bridge, but he never started shooting me, he just had his gun pointed at me, so i just shot him in the head :D, and when i got over the other side, i tried to run back the road way under the bridge, to see what those soliders would do that were guarding it, but i couldn't, i was running into an invisible wall that was stopping me, i had to go back over the top the way i came, and when going down to those soldiers guarding it, they blew me away :p

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Personally I find most AI's, even stalker at master, to easy. But I do get what u mean.

It would be really awesome if someone could design an AI that is incredibly hard but at the same time reacts similarly to visually being impaired such as the player.

Because imo hard AI is a lovely challenge but AI that has laserbeam vision when you can't see f*** all is quite frustrating.

13. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Yeah, tho I play STALKER on novice :D

I have 20/200 vision in both eyes and macular problems from birth so my eyes are quite fscked and my ability to process/fixate on objects quite poor, tho I am great at Quake 3 but FPS games with camouflage / low contrast etc I find very challenging, hehe

Anyway derailing a bit.. but yes I really would love an AI like that, the other idea would be that AI should have their hearing ability reduced during storms, or not be able to differentiate your footsteps from other NPC footsteps during firefights, or confusion / mental exhaustion.. make them more human.. running into a building at 1am, putting on your headlamp etc should cause NPCs to be blinded for a bit depending on the ambient light amount in the area and how close the light source is.

I like the idea of being able to, despite having bad eyes - IRL if you were smart you could try distract people / find another way to take the advantage.

And god damn, in STALKER, I really wish I could throw bolts to distract NPCs like you do in Far Cry.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hearing ability reduced during storms should be rather easy though. I dunno how to code properly for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but basically you could have a condition where every time the weather changes to Rain/Fog you could set the AI's vision/hearing reduced.

The hard part is including actual situational lightening during normal conditions with bad visibility.

(I'm mildly colourblind red/green but I've invested in a good pair of headphones and I'm a maniac in locating people based on sound. In CS/BF4 I sometimes even "plan" my next 2 kills based upon sound while I'm shooting at one guy.)

It could be done, you need to first adjust it to something the NPC can hear and then set the range/ distance with the OGG commenting tool. Though it might need some scripting to iron out some issues/weird behavior.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  15. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Yeah I tried playing an FPS a few times without headphones.. geez, no possible (for me at least).

Well obviously it would add CPU overhead, but having some sort of volume level per NPC and some basic pupil response time / dilation curve that would be based on ambient light multiplied by direct light (sun, torch) etc would be fairly easy in theory I recon.

Yeah I nearly bought the Senny 650's but invested in the Focal Spirit Pro's recently, remarkable cans, I do mixes with them, really reliable cans, the 650s are great too.

16. Boulotaur2024

Boulotaur2024 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7950
    Agreed. I can't find the bar entrance as well, I read you had to circle around the whole map to get to it, so right now I'm walking my way in the most boring huge desert factory, without the ability to sprint of course -because the sprint bar empties so fast- Awfully boring...

17. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You are over-encumbered that's why your sprint bar empties so fast.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  18. GPU

GPU Guest

RE - finding bar
    there are signs - GAR [ONLY ONE IS WRONG lol]

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The level changer in the Pripyat Outskirts to Pripyat City is bugged
    Even if you cleared the tunnels, etc.

No idea how to fix it since I can't really grasp my head around working with the blockers in the scripts but I think I made a workaround using the guiders mod that ...

Makes u able to fast travel to Pripyat once you've talked to the military guy after taking out the first few monoliths (I needed something to at least force a player to clear the tunnels and PROVE he has been to pripyat first).

Changing guiders mod, added Pripyat as a workaround.
    Doing some testing, will post if it works correctly.

EDIT:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/573cvetjjgo7ajw/GuidersMod_LosAlpha_wPripyat.7z

Seems to be working.

To do:
    Adjust the spawn location to something better in Pripyat.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  20. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Guys why don't you use good ol' JSGME for installing mods?

For me this is the best thing invented after the sliced bread. :D
    You can install/uninstall mods with a single click and the best part is that the original game files remains untouched so no need to copy this, copy that, see what files makes problems, restore this, restore that.
    I've used it for ages in every single game which was modded.

For now I have installed only bug fixes and texture/sounds mods from here.