Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Good that means higher resolution textures. Just don't seem large enough difference to be 4k scale.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ia this game will be moddable like GTA4?

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I doubt it. Ubisoft games typically aren't moddable, unless you're talking about lite mods like SweetFX...

4. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I wouldn't hope for mods either but I believe this is a missed opportunity.
    Mods give PC versions long legs, just look at GTA 4 and Skyrim.

I know mod tools aren't that easy to make but they're leaving money on the table by not bothering with it at all.

5. MaeClark0318

MaeClark0318 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming N760 TF 4GD5/O
    nice PC game though, but hope can see it on Ps4...

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Watch Dogs, re-imagining Chicago.

YouTube link

Ubisoft did a fantastic job of re-imagining Chicago. In one of the scenes, I had to pause the video to check whether I was watching the real Chicago, or the virtual rendition :)

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  7. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Seems like a nice playground indeed.
    However, I'm not too optimistic the game won't feel very repetitive after a short while.
    That plagues Ubisoft's games since the early days of the previous generation.

8. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Kezen......please dont buy the friggin game!!!! ...... You been praising all bad things about it....and you end up buying anyway.....GOD!

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I thought the same about the upcoming AC4 after AC3 was just a big MEH to me. But fact is: they give you a lot of options and throw you into a sandbox. It's up to you to make your game. Whenenver i have enough of plundering ships i go elsewhere and do different stuff.

I guess it'll be the same with WD.

10. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Think I made plundering my main objective in AC4 with the main story as side missions :banana:

11. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Yup. Thats why i love open world games, you can get easily get lost in there and just wandering about letting stuff coming to you. Skyrim is perfect for this, i never did any storyline in a row - i always get sidetracked and catch myself thinking: wtf are you doing, you wanted to continue the DB quests 2 hours ago. :p

12. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    No matter if I get the game or not I'm entitled to my opinion. ;)
    Watch Dogs sounded extremely promising two years ago, since then all I'm seeing is a typical Ubisoft game and while I appreciate them in spite of their repetitiveness I expected a bigger leap.

I assume last-gen consoles are holding the game design back.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You keep saying that, but there is nothing in the game that looks like it has been held back by last gen consoles, especially when you compare it to a "next gen" game like Infamous SS, which although prettier is a much smaller scale game.

Gameplay is personal preference though, many people love their style and the value for money you get from their games.

14. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Kezen, i seem to remember you once said something like 'looks like the nextGen is now defining what features PC gets so all is well'.

Now nextGen is already a bad thing? Oh cmon :p

15. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    He is Bipolar, and been annoying......

@Kezen, you are entitled to your opinion, you are just debating every single comment that we make about the game in a "justwanttobashthegamewillbuyitsotalking****" way...

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Exactly, I just don't see what PS4/Xbox features are missing from the game, it's not like it's 1080/60 on the PS4, from what I hear it's not even 1080/30 on the Xbox.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    XBONE runs Watch Dogs at 920p, both 30fps though. Up to 4k for PC. :)

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Please forgive me, in my book this is called critical thinking and if you allow I will carry on whenever I want. :)

I have never seen anything remotely close of what I expect from a next-gen open world game. Systemically and graphics wise I don't see how that's next-gen at all.

It looks decidedly last gen and unfortunately the PC won't change that.

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    But yet you consider Infamous SS a next gen game even when it has inferior graphics and simulation?

If that's so, you're just relying on visual spectacle alone to make your judgment. Infamous SS is pretty yes, but when you examine it closely, you'll see that it lacks many "next gen" features.

No global illumination, pre-baked lighting and shadows, no fully dynamic lighting and shadows, no day and night cycle, lack of environmental simulation, empty city..

Watch Dogs on the other hand has global illumination, support for hundreds of dynamic light sources, dynamic shadows, full day and night cycle, environmental simulation that includes traffic, fog, clouds, water, rain, foliage, wind, cloth etcetera...

Add to the fact that Watch Dogs is a much bigger setting than Infamous SS, so it ends up being way more "next gen" when you look at it from a big picture perspective..

In my opinion, Watch Dogs is the first true next gen multiplatform title since the PS4 and Xbox One made their debut..

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, Infamous is good by console standards I guess. I think WD looks and probably plays better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.