Battlefield 4 (part 4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah mantle is wicked on my rig, pretty much locking out the frame rates at 120hz. There's occasional drops but the game runs much better than under dx11.

2. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Game's going into beta 6 months after release...

Still better than them ignoring it.

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Awesome ;) maybe i'll pick it up when its fixed then

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  6. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    They locked it for now, Check back later today when they will officially announce it...

Here is the main news post on the CTE:

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    its engine problem

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I take it people will be playing on unranked servers? I would find it hard to be a beta tester for EA for free, as this could go on for month and months.... Still I might check it out though.

I thought it might be something long those lines. Which means it will never get any better, great....

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    At least they're doing something, that's correct. But would it be wrong to assume that some of these problems have been around since Bad Company 2?
    Hopefully someone gives them the time and money to go through this all the way.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    They are only doing it so future games run smoother. Like the new Star Wars game for example. Anyone who thinks EA is doing this to make BF4 better is very wrong.

11. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    With E3 2014 coming up showing BF5 - yup. They might want to avoid fans raging at E3, screaming "BF5 ? - fix BF4 first" all over the place.

You cant blame them.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Business is business. But what I can't stand is how they can release a game so badly broken as BF4 on release. Take months to fix then release BF5. Come to think of it, if they did show another BF game, the amount of rage it will generate will hurt EA.

13. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    You get a rank 0 soldier and as for now you have to unlock everything from the start :bang:

14. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I can see this happening anyway, no matter what they do now. The only thing they _COULD_ try would be: half price of BF5 for anyone owning BF4. That would be smart, but hurts EA even more.

I think they are f**ked anyway and they know it. xD

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Whatever they have been doing has been improving the game. I'm an old BF fan and played the everlasting S*** out of BF2/3.. but I quit BF4 a while back out of frustration with the bugs/lag. Decided to give it a try again not too long ago after seeing that they fixed the death shield bug and can definitely say it's been getting much better.

Game still needs some balance patches (is it me or are LMGs just way too damn powerful?) and some more net optimizations.. but it looks like the game might be actually leaving beta soon.

Here's my profile if anyone is interested in playing together. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/koltxlvii/stats/249195884/pc/

16. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Prepare for the rumored BF: Police from Visceral. May not be called BF5 but that's not the point anyway.

You know, the funny thing is, these beta clients aren't a new thing and even DICE has done some beta patches in the past with BF2 and 2142. Now, at the midpoint of the games life cycle (cause support will definitely drop after the last DLC hits - which is before the next BF comes out in October) they they launch this.

For some stupid reason only Premium members can access it (who thought of that brilliant plan, like splitting the community isn't bad enough already) and there even seems to be an NDA bound to it so people technically aren't allowed to talk about the changes (somehow doesn't fit with the "We want to open up our development process to our players" line).

Like said by posters above, this is pretty much intended for future games (as they will all use the same engine) and trying to get people forget about the horrible launch.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Join the Guru3D platoon. Always people playing. I'm always on BF4 at the moment as I am trolling the Metro map to get my sniper skills better.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    *for mis amigos:
    i took some time out (which i appreciated) and found myself another hardware forum but much slower paced so i should be good for now.
    crashing every game now in mp i get to play some matches without crashing but us 760 users have troubles with this game.
    this game has trouble with highly OCed 700 series at the very minimum, which is a shame cause it's nvidia cards that tend to have the higher clocks these days.
    all this after we kissed their butt and bought into win8.1 too, and premium and many of the guys Titan-fall.
    but sure can't beat a good MP match and i been playing a lot after almost done with my 3rd SP play.
    dawnbreaker and paracel ftw :p as always.
    i got complemented in my lil bird yesterday, when you take time away from it for a while and then get the urge the spidey sense soars.
    all in all still not downloaded the 3 dlc yet after my latest reinstall, if i'm honest this has gotta be my current fav game, though for sheer immersion it's the PhysX laden metro ll.
    **waiting on my email from evga for my 780 still ..
    gtx titan ram speed 6000
    gtx 780 ram speed 6000
    gtx 780TI ram speed 7000
    interesting huh? i'm almost tempded to drop another £40 and go for a TI, though thb these 780 6gb are very hot currently.
    i'l lend up paying (I've one secured) al i need to do is pay and send my 760) in total for one around £460 -£480 in total i'm not sure about exchange rates they use I've been told what's due all i need is the email now (stage 2).
    but sure TIs are nice and like i say us 760 users are having a horrid time with the game,

19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Awesome, I just "applied" to join the platoon.

20. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    This is epic, games going back to a beta test and in order to test it you have to buy the game twice already. Laughing all the way to the bank!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.