STALKER Lost Alpha thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Labyrinth, Apr 4, 2014.

1. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Ask on the ModDB or GSC forums - I think I saw something about this caused by ATI drivers but I may be wrong. Having an HDD (vs SSD) should not cause 5min saving times, an SSD is faster but even so, if you have 12GB of RAM then Windows is still going to cache a lot of the game files anyway. I played all 3 STALKER games on an old Q6600 with HDD and saving was always a second or 2 and this game still uses the same (but newer) engine. Plus the saves are not very large so I seriously doubt it's your HDD.

If the game is pausing horribly when you go back to the menu then it's clearly a bug or possibly a driver issue.

2. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    SSD here too but like the guys said it shouldn't be so different on a HDD. 5-6 minutes with looping sound doesn't sound right.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hmm, I went to add the -mblur to the commandline, and there was 2 others there, -noprefetch and -external

Removed those two and added
    -mblur, now menu is super fast at appearing and F6 quicksave works instantly

wtf

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't even have a quick save or load option in the control settings, disappeared since i popped the Bug Fix on :D

Its easy just hitting ESC and then Save Game though, and it saves in about a sec :p

EDIT: just tried F6 anyway, and it works fine, also saves in about a second.

Last edited: May 6, 2014

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ive applied all the bug fixes and AI fixes and latest patch etc and all my saves still work and quicksave works lol

What happens when you hit F6 in game ?

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    See above :p

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    haha :)

All is working well for me now too

There's something about writing a post on a forum, soon as you describe your problem, you fix it, even if its been bugging you for ages

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Amp! Edition
    Wishing my PC problems would be so easy to solve...

9. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Word bro. :D

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yup, done it many a time :D

11. n1hilist

n1hilist Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Yes, the X-Ray engine is a bit finnicky and buggy and squishy in places, this is the STALKER experience. :)

12. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I simply can not find that damn key. Where is the underground tunnel I'm supposed to be searching? There's nothing in my messages and nothing marked on my map. Have I gone crazy? Where is that tunnel,bed etc.? Any chance to post a video or pic? Thanks a lot.

13. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If you hold in F while you move around the names of objects will appear when you are close enough.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyone get an invalid .ogg comment in the console, something to do with helicopter sound ?

Also noticed i was running with HBAO instead of HDAO :p

15. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Where is the tunnel he was sleeping in? Is there a bed in there? I've searched every tunnel [I think] but no place I could find with a room or a bed. Thanks again for the help. This is really bugging me. If you can tell me where the tunnel or wherever I should be looking is,I can scout around til I find it. Anyone? Thanks.

16. Gonzeaux

Gonzeaux Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTS 450 1GB
    Pls help

Hey guys, i just downloaded and installed Lost Alpha, but i have an issue, just as i try to run the game. I only get a black screen, and an error msg saying: Your graphic card does not meet the requirements, try to lower the settings. Okey, i know, my graphics card is not a top of the line product, but it is not THAT old and obsolate, so it couldn't run this game.
    I tried to modify setting in the user.ltx file, but no success. Driver is updated. Can any of you help me with this issue, maybe send my a copy of the user.ltx, with all settings on low, or something, i would really appreciate it.
    Thank u all in advance.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Same problem for someone running CoP - solution here

edit your user.ltx file in your _appdata_ folder. Go to the end of the file and change your res. also at top change preset to low and torches off. Use notepad to edit it. There is also a log file that will show what the last error was, just scroll to the bottom of the file and look for 'FATAL ERROR'. If you can't find your appdata then open fsgame.ltx and see where the first line points to on your system.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1217003

Few other options here
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/4500/discussions/0/828925849274618212/

18. Gonzeaux

Gonzeaux Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTS 450 1GB
    Thank you for your quick response, however it didn't solve the problem. I changed resolution to 800x600, even tried 1920x1080, as native, but no success. Also tried to set Presets from Low to High, no success either.

EDIT: doing some directx updates hoping it works, but after installation the game also updated it, so its just a shot in the dark...

EDIT2: it started! I don't know what i did, but it finallly works!
    Thank you for your help, I am really glad i am able to play this game, been waitng for it a long time.

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It isn't.

Something else must be wrong. My game is installed but my savegames just like anything else on my system that is ever changing and random, is placed on my regular HDD.

And I don't have any issues with saving my game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/in4ioy2c1ba37py/OGGComment_Stalker.7z

Tool to easily set OGG comments for a OGG file for Stalker games. Though dunno the correct values for the Heli sound, used it mainly for weapon sounds.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I already sorted it thanks - removed a couple of command lines and added another and it fixed itself