Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    just watched the trailer. amazing. waiting for it bigtime.

just wish they change the game to Third person view. the SP campaign at least. i want it to be like mass effect or Gears of war..why not. a new fresh start.

and controller support on PC please.

2. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    [​IMG]

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol nice one ;)

4. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Fair enough, that seems reasonable. But to me personally, any game that has a monthly payment is a bit of a no. I mean to most people it would probably be reasonable if the prices were reasonable, but I just prefer to buy the game once and play it, whenever the hell I damn well please, without hasslin' about a monthly payment, when I want to play a game after I haven't touched it for a couple of months. Now, I've thrown out a lot of the word reasonable in this statement, it's just that it's Activision we're talkin' about and I don't think they know the meaning to the word reasonable... :p

And bigtime, what the hell you on about? A third person, cover-based CoD? I mean, that would be an innovation for the franchise, but that's a bit like putting a slice of bread on stale bread in hope, that it will be more tasty and more exciting. IMO it would still end up bland :D

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
  7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    For your Point #2.... "the trailer for the next iteration of the game doesn't indicate any significant change"..... no kidding, because it doesn't show anything that could be classified as change or more of the same. It's nothing but cutscene, as most "reveal" trailers are. There is no in-game footage. No real explanation of the story. No information on how the multiplayer will pan out (will it be currency based like Ghosts, or stick to the usual weapon EXP scheme like most CoD games have... which i like a lot more). There is absolutely nothing in the trailer showing either or... so how is it even remotely possible to make a claim at this point that it's more of the same, or something different? It's not. But that didn't stop him from saying, in the very first page of this thread, "SP Looks lame as usual, and graphics no better than Ghosts". THAT is why i said that his comment pointed out the flaw in his argument. Not saying that the trailer did or didn't show anything new. It just didn't really show anything, period.

As for MW3.... can't say it was a game that (as far as i can remember) a plethora of people complained about... especially compared to Black Ops and such....

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Kevin Spacey?Not that it matters but no he's not.

9. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    He is. He has propositioned a male friend of mine on more than one occasion. I wish he would come out to raise awareness and acceptance.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No one cares if anyone is gay anymore. It don't matter.

11. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I don't know if I'll bother with this one, I have owned every CoD to date but I always end up playing it for 2 months and then quitting until the next. I usually bail out when the devs stop giving a **** about cheaters and let them run wild.

12. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Because after 10 ~ 11 games of similar contents in a franchise the default assumption should be that next iteration would be exactly that, another iteration of more or less the same deal unless proven otherwise.

If he found other recent CoD games to be 'lame', then until proven otherwise, it's perfectly reasonable for him to think that this next one will be lame.

Also I disagree that trailer showed nothing now that I have watched it. It just shows nothing new of sustenance. But it shows plenty of the same old stuff--scenes of dudes with tacticool gear doing cool action-y stuff in cinematic style. That's what CoD franchise is known for and excels at, and the trailer falls in line with exactly that.

13. MaeClark0318

MaeClark0318 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming N760 TF 4GD5/O
    Yep , who care!:banana:

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You know what's even worse? Going back to those old games after a while, to see what's changed :D
    I had a blast yesterday doing some matches in Black Ops 1 and World at War. My config in WaW looked bad but BO was really, really nice to look at.
    Really good games and some great servers that are still up.

15. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I'm still having a blast when going through both SP stories in MW1 & 2. It's just great entertainment for 12 hours. :D

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Absolutely. I couldn't say how often I've played through, at least, parts of MW1. Loved the arcade mode :D

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What kind of a name is soap anyway..

Love that game. mw2 aswell. Mp in mw2 was the last cod i enjoyed for mp beaides blops 1 and the mods where theres no perks, attchments and killstreaks or whatever that mode was.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Barebone I believe.

19. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    "You can't serious surely..."

"I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley"

20. (.)(.)