Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Thanks for the heads up on that definitely try it out on my ps4.

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I agree. I was just countering what some said in here earlier about the graphics not being as jaw dropping vs. last gen. I disagree. Infamous on ps4 blew me away. Killer Instinct on xbox one, as well as Ryse also look great. My ps4 gets way more use, it's the system to beat for sure. My xone has taken a back seat to the ps4 for now.

I think the graphics are fine, especially considering the consoles have only been out 6 months.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ive only seen screenshots of ps4 games and im blown away, im mean compared to how launch titles use to look on consoles, the new ones have gfx thta rival the PC (minus being able to push 1440 and up) whether people want to admit it or not.

Though i am referring to first party titles so far.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  7. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Yeah, until you look around/even move, and notice the horrible draw distance and texture pop in. I guess most of us here are just spoiled from pc gaming for years and years but it just seems odd that "next-gen" games can barely do 1080p@60 or even 30 and have a draw distance of more than 20 feet. And no anti-aliasing either.

Having said that, there have been a couple patches for Infamous that have addressed texture pop-in and draw distance on that game quite a bit and is much more enjoyable to look at now. Killzone looks just like Crysis 2 on steriods to me, its incredible looking but small map design make it pretty easy to accomplish imho.

Other than that though, anything running on the frostbite engine looks terribad, ACIV looks pretty good, not great but good enough.

I honestly think its so early that its hard to tell how much better the graphics will get.

As far as firmware updates, im pretty irritated with Sony and the PS4 right now. We wait weeks, months for an update and all they do is add little things. Why the effin crap can we not play our own music? Why cant I change the background? Why cant I organize and create folders? Why is there no DLNA server support? Why is there no 3d support? Bluetooth support for all devices instead of the 2 Sony products they currently support? Auto update when Im away feature?

I honestly thought this was supposed to be a next gen console and it has far less features than the ps3. And before people go off about how it took the ps3 7 years to get all the features it does now, it does not matter. It has them now, this is the new gen of consoles, it should have everything and more than the old system, not the other way around.

and why the effin crap did they use a 5400 rpm hd? I understand why, but come on! Its so terribly slow.....not very next gen to me at all.

/rant

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    All valid points mate. Well said.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Can a mod/admin rename this thread to PlayStation4?

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Report thread or PM mod, sometimes works.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Personally i doubt Sony will ever add support for mp3 playback/DLNA while they are trying to push their own streaming services.

It might piss people off, but is it enough that they wouldn't buy the PS4?
    I don't think it is, and alot of people will just give in and subscribe, and Sony likely know this.

It is annoying though as my PS3 was/is used just as much as media player as it was a gaming machine.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats...cool and Im.. electrified.

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I will say that the power pak is one thing that the DS4 DESPERATELY needs. That is, if i didn't use my PS4 at my desk connected to my computer monitor with my PS4 2 feet away from me. Battery life on the DS4 is DREADFUL! Especially compared to the battery life of the DS3, which while not godlike, was leaps and bounds better.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The ds3 didnt have a light bar and a touch screen to power so no surprise there, dont know why sony didnt take that into account.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Has anyone noticed if the brightness of the light bar is lowered, you get better battery life?

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Halves the battery live approximately with it on vs off, so it should do the same for brightness, though more in the region of a few hours here and there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=723148

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have 2 ds4 controllers. What battery life?? :p

19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well... in Sony's defense... the light bar doesn't seem to be anything more than a simple LED with a lens of sorts leading to the white light diffuser you see on the back of the controller... so that can't be taking much power at all. As for the touch screen.... it's not necessarily a touch SCREEN... just a touchpad. no different from the touchpads on laptops, really.

Let's do a comparison.

Battery size:
    Dualshock 4 = ~1,000mAH rechargable battery pack
    Logitech G602 = 2x AA batteries = ~3,600mAH

Battery life:
    DualShock 4 = i dunno exactly.... maybe a week if you're lucky with moderate usage?
    Logitech G602 = Hard to say, really. Logitech says will last 250 hours in Performance mode, or 1,440 hours in Endurance mode. I purchased this mouse on November 30th 2013.... and have yet to replace the batteries.... and looks like there's still about 25% battery life yet.

Yes.... there's over triple the capacity with the two AA's in my mouse... but seriously?!?! The mouse has been going strong for over 5 MONTHS on two AA batteries.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Does your mouse have a rumble feature and (if its in the ps4 control) sisaxis?:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.