Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I want to see gameplay footage, before say anything on the look of the game.. there i got the feeling to see a mix of cutscenes ... with the high edit made, you dont even know if the effects are really in the game or added to the "movie".

Nothing against that, this is a trailer for present a new game.. the point is allways to make it look like a punchy movie trailer.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Awesome, according to some of the posts above. GRAW and Cryisis created the futuristic setting.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Not too excited about anything "future" or sci-fi but Spacey, playing some sort of role, definitely makes it worth a look :)
    I wouldn't want to pre-order this, as Ghosts was the mother of all horrible experiences, still I wouldn't pass it up just because it's the next CoD.

All the games that came out "lately" were a step below the game they wanted to replace.
    I totally loved Black Ops, had a server running and played all the expansions. Then BF3 came, we (a group of friends) tried it out and went back to BO in March.
    BO2 came, didn't like it as much but it was something "new" and fresh. Too fast, too tight, too future.
    The race between Ghosts an BF4 was an easy one and reminded me of the Paralympics (in a way, no pun intended). Now that March has passed again we're off BF, just like before...
    Titanfall couldn't fill the gap and so it's nice to see something different will be coming up later this year. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

4. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Sooo, could someone change the title, or create a new thread?

Anyway. MP will probably become a mix of classic COD and Crysis (high jumps, grabbing on ledges etc.) now, mixed with some futuristic gadgets (like that wallhack seen in the video). They can't stray too far from the formula or they'll scare away their fanbase.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I asked a mod to change the thread title. It is pending.

[​IMG]

Now confirmed actually headed to PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One.

6. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Impressive footage considering that was Xbox One and that it most likely runs at 60fps.

7. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I am not into the futuristic setting either....but will follow and if its interesting will buy for console...

I hardly can find any games lobby in Ghost these days...

8. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    "they'll scare away their fanbase."

They did that already but it wasn't because of a new innovation or a new idea - it was the inability of the game developer to produce a game that actually performed technically to the expectations of a CoD player. Now after a series of games where they have made it rather obvious that PC gaming is not a high priority, or should I say a priority at all, the fanbase has melted away.

Producing another carbon copy game "something-something Warfare" is not going to bring anyone back. No idea who Kevin Spacey is; an actor I believe but his pus all over a game trailer doesn't make me moist personally.

and the prospect of playing multi-player again with the cheating, barely literate braggarts that populate that particular arena fills me with dread.

9. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
  10. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

lmao irl

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    "Now confirmed actually headed to PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One. "

Imo as long as they keep milking last-gen it will look old and dated..

12. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    It is "Call of Crysis". smh...

13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Here's a novel idea. Give the game to Treyarch, give them at least 5 years to make a good CoD game for once.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    My god this this and more that ^^^

Best thing Activision can do is just throw money at Treyarch, get them some good writers in and maybe a film director. Make the campaign around 15-20 hours long on NORMAL difficulty. This would be great!

I don't want anything more from a COD campaign than to be excited whilst playing. They have some really good set pieces but their stories become too difficult to follow, bloated with needless things, and not structured well enough.

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd pass.

I havent played a COD game since Modern Warfare 2 and it looks like it will stay that way.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    They're going to because that's a 140million user install base compared to the 15 or so on new gen.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    WW1 and sc-fi, alternat universe...CoD, back to the roots??!?!

what is this I don't even

[​IMG]

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah .. all we know Treyarch's game next year will also be cross gen.

19. glitch203

glitch203 Guest

GPU:
    msi hd 6770 1go
    nextgen hhaahahahaha cod is **** game bom bom bom taaaa taaaa

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Three days later and the thread title still has yet to be changed by someone with the necessary means to do so. The mods up in this place sure do leave a lot to be desired when it comes to being present/punctual.

Last edited: May 2, 2014