Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Curiously I didn't, presumably due to the 14" TV in the top corner of the room and the lack of glasses.

Now though, with a HD TV and glasses, I see the difference between SD and 720p clear as day.

I still remember watching the first TV show in 1080p, it was an Arrow episode, and the city sky camera pan was so clear, night and day (compared to 720p).

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Bit of a late response. haha

I didn't mean having to unlock them again. I just meant that they give you two different sets of powers, and they're both unlocked after the first "Act"... if you can call it that. Whereas if you look at something like Infamous 2... or even the first one i believe.... you pretty much didn't have the OPTION to have everything unlocked until near the end of the game.

You know... i almost wish i DIDN'T watch that.... cause while the game does look quite amazing... it pisses me off that it was now essentially pushed back nearly a year from what was going to be it's original release date, on PS4's launch.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    out today:

PlayStation 4 v1.70 Update

-SHAREfactory: After you update your PS4 to v1.70, an icon to download our free SHAREfactory app will appear on your PS4 system’s home screen once it’s available. Once installed, SHAREfactory allows you to easily customize your gameplay videos with special effects, video commentary with picture-in-picture capability through PlayStation Camera, and custom soundtracks using the included audio tracks or your original music imported from a USB drive. You can then share your videos on Facebook or export them to an external USB storage device. The app is packed with plenty of cool, but accessible, tools. It’s simple enough to use for beginning editors, while functioning as a rich video editor for those with more creative aspirations. Check out our new SHAREfactory video that provides a walkthrough of what you can expect:

-Automatic Pre-download: No more waiting until after a game is released to start downloading select pre-ordered games from PlayStation Store. This new feature allows you to get to your games faster by automatically downloading select pre-ordered games up to several days in advance of the release, so that it’s ready to play as soon as the game is released on launch day. There’s also a countdown timer prior to the release of the game so you’ll know how soon your game will be available for you to start playing.

-Option to Disable HDCP for Games: This highly requested feature will allow you to have the option to turn off HDCP for games so you can capture longer gameplay sessions directly from your HDMI output and export them elsewhere.

-USB Export Option for Captured Gameplay: It’s now even easier to show off your heroic gaming moments and the SHAREfactory videos you create with the world using this feature to export your videos and screenshots to a USB drive. Just click on the DUALSHOCK 4 SHARE button, save your gameplay on a USB drive, and then share your proudest achievements on other social networks and other video platforms.

-Live Broadcasting in HD and Archiving Support: We’ve increased the resolution for live broadcasts so you and your friends can watch games livestreamed in 720p HD. You can also archive your broadcasts on Twitch or Ustream and watch them again later.

-New SHARE Options: We’ve got a number of new SHARE settings that will give you better control of what you want to share with your friends. Here is what you can look forward to:

-Change the default gameplay recording time in the SHARE menu under Video Clip Settings.

-Save only the video clips and screenshots you want by selecting Upload Screenshots or Upload Video Clips for each capture. Also upload video clips and screenshots during your live gameplay broadcasts.

-Select specific Facebook audiences to share each video or screenshot with.

-New DUALSHOCK 4 Options: New light bar settings have been added for DUALSHOCK 4, allowing you to change it to Bright, Medium or Dim in the Settings menu. The touchpad has also been updated, allowing you to navigate the on-screen keyboard using the DUALSHOCK 4 touchpad.

-New Friends Options: It’s now easier to find Friends and send requests with the ability to search Friends-of-Friends, view Mutual Friends on another user’s profile, and accept Friend requests directly from the Friends list.

-New Trophies Sort Option: You can now sort Trophies by rarity in the Options menu.

-PlayStation Store Payment Support: Similar to PS3, we’re introducing Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) for PS4 for content purchased on PS Store, starting with PayPal support.

-More PlayStation Camera Commands: More voice commands are added to PlayStation Camera, allowing you to launch the apps installed on your PS4 with the sound of your voice.

-New PlayStation Plus Icon: For Plus members, you’ll now have the PS Plus icon appear next to your SEN ID on the login screen, home screen and other areas across the PS4 system’s sleek user interface.

-Music Unlimited SHARE Options: With a Music Unlimited subscription, you can easily share your favorite songs with your friends by pressing the SHARE button on your DUALSHOCK 4.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...-out-tomorrow-updates-for-ps-vita-and-ps-app/

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    *raises hand*

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Is anyone having problems with the 1.7 firmware? Like hanging between menus and slow loading times on the main screen or clicking on icons. I didn't have this problem before I updated.

Edit:

I backed up my stuff and did a factory reset. Now my PS4 is behaving normally. Not sure what that was all about.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i think i had the same problem. i was playing stick it to the man, then i quit with the ps button and closed the application with the options menu. i was stuck on the press start to play screen there. i could hear the sounds when switching from menu changing still, but the screen was stuck still.

put the ps4 in standby mode and tried again later. didnt happen yet.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    It's funny.

"PC gaming is dead" argument has lasted for years. Now everyone is saying this cycle of consoles is too weak and will kill the industry. lol.

Why would Sony (I won't include Microsoft, they're pretty moronic) create a successor to the PS3 that's weaker and inferior? I mean, it's fun to come here and chat and make observations, speculate... but come on, joe shmoe from guru3d knows the descript situation of Sony's hardware and it's software processes and how weak they are vs. the high class engineers with degrees we can only dream of that have been doing this for years?

Sony isn't going to make a console that can't handle the future. This isn't Nintendo we're talking about.

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Having owned a PS4 for a month or so now, I can safely say the future is bright for Sony's console. Everything they did wrong with the PS3 they have corrected. You only have to look at how fast the PS4 Sold out on the very first day of it's release.

Nintendo is playing catchup, not for the first time. But with the release of Mario Kart 8, you can see the love they have put in to the game. Nintendo games are pure gaming entertainment.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You can't even find PS4 units in stock around here. When they do come in, they don't stay on the shelves for long. Can't say the same for the XB1.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It goes to prove that gaming is still very much alive. the PS4 is marketed as a gaming console, look at how well it's been received. The XBONE was marketed as a all round entertainment system.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh gaming won't be going any where anytime soon :p Be it PC or console. Be optimistic, Dudebros ain't gonna play no Cowadooty or Madden on an iPhone.

Anyway, what's the local co-op scene like on the current consoles? Does anyone feel they wasted money on a second controller?

13. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea.... wouldn't exactly say THAT. Things they did wrong, they fixed... but they also have yet to implement some features that the PS3 had that made it great as well. Namely 3D support in games and ESPECIALLY movies. And it would be nice to use my little bluetooth headset from the PS3 on my PS4... but still can't. And am i the only one that thinks it's about time for Sony to make the PS4 able to update ITSELF, with no input from the user? I mean come on... i can buy a game on the PSN Store on my Nexus 5 while at work, and have it start downloading and waiting to play when i get home. Why can't it automatically install system updates?

And Nintendo has always been tops when it comes to games that are just sheer unadulterated fun.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Knowing how Sony likes to save the big announcements for E3, we might see more PS4 firmware updates being talked about around that time.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Pff, I wasted money on a second controller in the Gamecube/Xbox time.

Now I only have what I need.

Although I have collected up a fair few 360 controllers (2 wired, one with a faulty wire, and 2 wireless that came with the console, both with broken battery compartments).

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What every happened to people gathering around one console for multiplayer action? Epic battles of four player Bomberman or Goldeneye...good times.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I take it the local co-op game scene is at par with PC then? :( I just know the lego games have local co-op and maybe a few platformers.

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070

ahhh the memorys of not being able to sleep because there was a group of people playing videos games in your room

or waking my cousin up at 4am to play nes

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Or blowing up my bro's car in Rock & Roll Racing :(

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    In many ways gaming has created social isolation. Gone are the days of going to to your local arcade to play the latest fighting game. Same goes for multiplayer games where you saw who you were owning. This can only be bad of society in general surely?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.