New windows installation with 14.4 Official - Black screen

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by wazer, Apr 29, 2014.

1. wazer

wazer Member

GPU:
    1080TI on water
    Hi so every time my Monitor goes out after 15minutes, and i leave them off for lets say an hour or two, when i come back and try to start the monitors, they power up and then theres black screen, sometimes i can move the cursor around and see it, but that's it, sometimes its just totally black screen or no signal.

Got 290x hooked up to my gaming monitor and using the internal 4600 intel graphics for my 2nd monitor.

This did not happen before i reinstalled windows, i have tried to clean with ddu in safe mode and normal, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Getting really annoying since i have to shutdown the entire machine everyday at least 3-4 times a day.

2. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    easy, go into ccc power options and choose to not turn off the monitor... never
    so if you indeed need to turn off the monitor, you can do it manually by its button

3. wazer

wazer Member

GPU:
    1080TI on water
    How is that a fix?, it does it also when i just off the monitor manually and coming back later, it was just given as an example when it auto powers off.

4. BaNsHiE

BaNsHiE Guest

GPU:
    Saphire 7970 TriFire
    WoW, palm on forehead.

BaNsHiE

5. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
  6. wazer

wazer Member

GPU:
    1080TI on water
    Where would you find this specific option?, i dont see it any where got a 290x gfx. I got overdrive menu?, and im using advanced mode.

A picture from you or google would also help ;)

7. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080