Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by biggi_, Mar 31, 2014.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you're smacking your mouse hard against the mouse pad....you kinda deserve whatever happens.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Why would you not want an extra button and no tilt? Tilt is pretty handy, depends on games you play I guess.

I don't. I just read about it and thought I'd try to do that. and yeah, it right clicks. it does take more than normal force though so it's a non issue.

3. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Thats right, I never smack my mouse but I just tried and I dont even have to smack it hard at all, simply dropping my mouse ~5mm does it... lame.

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Remember, guys, it's a pretty heavy mouse. The thud when my G5 V2 hits the mousepad even from 5mm above makes me shudder.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Eh, just for the hell of it I decided to drop my Kova+ (from about 3in or roughly 76mm high).... It just bounced on my Taito mouse pad....lol The mouse didn't see near the abuse that my Arvo is going to if it's mode button effs up again.... Oh well, difference subject for a different time. Still haven't had a chance to get to BestBuy yet....which sucks because I really want to see the G502 in person.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Wasn't sure where to post this so I'll just stick it here....

For those with a Logitech G502.... There was a firmware update released for it to fix a couple "issues"....

Just a heads up for those that don't typically check for updates for their mouse....lol

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Just ordered the Razer Naga 2014 MMO Expert. :D

Getting it tomorrow, gotta love Dutch shipping. <3

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I've got a Steelseries Rival. I got to say, it is a very nice mouse to use :). The new Steelseries Engine 3 is a nice piece of software, nice and customisable, and like any software I like to keep it up to date. When you update the software, it automatically detects whether your mouse needs it's firmware updated or not, which is a nice touch. If it were separate most people can't be bothered doing it, then bitch and moan if something isn't 'perfect' (something that would have been fixed if they updated the firmware!). Haven't heard of this with this mouse, but it's not uncommon.

Anyways, hope your new mouse works out for you! :)

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT

Thanks for the heads up.

10. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    This thread is a little old but I bought a Logitech G700S and couldn't be happier. I have had at least 5 of the mice listed on page one of this thread as being God like and they were all crap. I have worked in IT for ten years. I've used hundreds of mice. This mouse is the only mouse I have used in years that does not hurt my wrist.

The Deathadder is piece of crap. I just had to throw that out. :) Worst mouse I have ever had.