G-Sync Stutter w/ Single GPU + Physx Card 337.XX

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ReTiCuLe, Apr 23, 2014.

1. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Have you got a CD/DVD in the drive?

Have you tried no overclock? Everything running @ stock on auto.

Have you tried a single card? No SLI?

You said it happens with or without g-sync enabled, so not sure how it could be related. Especially as you say it's only 1 game affected.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090

Hello,

I got no cd/dvd-rom at all in my system.
    I tried running all at stock, both cpu/grafic cards even set the ddr3 mem to 1300mhz (they are 2400mhz original)
    I tried playing with single gpu (from nvidia control panel, did not try to take one card out from the system tho)

Yep and for me its only Wow who if effected by this problem, i also tried downloading Wow from blizzards page and play the game with 0 addons etc but still the same problem :(

The problem is still there with both windows 7 sp1 and windows 8.1 update 1

I got 1gbit (1000mbit) internet connection i tried playing behind the router and i tried playing directly to the switch.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    New cpu/mobo won't change anything, save your money..

Also interesting to see that 331.87 is so special, I knew it was great but to be so versatile, nice :)

Try WOW with only 1gpu and maybe try this 130fps limit and tweak WOW nvcpl profile a bit (via nvinspector)
    - threaded opt. - off or on
    - frames to render ahead - 1 or 2
    -prefer max. perf.
    -dynamic tilling - on or off

or get rid of this g-sync "magic", problem solved :p

EIZO FG2421 looks like a good alternative, its not vsync smooth ready but at least its fast (120hz native, 240hz hack) and has nice color.

4. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Hello, thank you for your tips im gonna try it at once.
    Just wonder about "try this 130fps limit" is it any special program i need to do this ? :)

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Sure np :)

You can use nvinspector driver build-in fps limiter, but imo its not so smooth like Dxtory or MSI afterburner OSD - RTSS (rivatuner statistic server)

Just add WOW.exe to this RTSS, but first you need to enable fps monitoring with OSD via MSI afterbruner (settings/monitoring/graph below check fps and set to show in OSD), then put in 130fps limit and run in the background with the game.

edit: evga Precision has RTSS too I think, but its not 64bit OSD for 64bit games ie BF4, COD Ghosts, Outlast,..

6. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
  7. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Thnx for the help guys, gonna try Wow out this night with these settings and see how it goes. Ill report back later! <3

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^^
    While you're at it, try 140fps limit too :nerd:

just saw this reply

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    back to these now, seem more refined somehow, anyways yeah forgot how to make adaptive v sync stick with bf4, done it with the hawk ok after some tinkering.

sry thought this was 337.61 thread.

10. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Good morning all,

Well Ive played Wow for a few hours ago, capping the fps to 131 and set the option to "single gpu".
    I must say i was very surprised to see that i had no pause/stutter/freeze lag what so ever. Ive played for about 4hours its never worked for so long without the "pause/stutter/freeze lag" :)

Im going to try to enable sli tonight while i play and see if it still works, with the cap at 131fps.

Thanks for the help, i appreciate it alot!

11. ReTiCuLe

ReTiCuLe Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan
    G-sync is as good as they say it is. Last night a bunch of people in a BF4 server kept accusing me of cheating. It was pretty humorous because I am just average at best since I don't get to play anything often.

Was it worth $500 total with a new monitor (self moded) ?

I'd probably say No. Unless you already have the monitor or could recoup funds from your current one, I wouldn't purchase it. Especially if you can maintain FPS to HZ at most times. Lightboost was very good as well so it's kind of a toss up.

12. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i beg to differ i think it is well worth the money i have not had a single issue with gsync i don't have to cap anything, all running smooth and makes gaming feel a lot better. if your serious about gaming and happen to have a nvidia gpu that supports g-sync i would very well recommend spending £400 to get rid of stutter lag tearing.

13. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Ultimately the problem for me was the Asus g-sync monitor, in the end the pause/stutter/freeze came back no matter what i did, some of the changes (limit fps to 131) did help. It made the pause/stutter/freeze accure less often, but after a while it did happen again.

Then i tried my friends monitor, a "Dell Ultrasharp 2711dp" and been playing for ~11hours now w/o any problems. I know this isnt a gaming monitor and the 60hz limit on the monitor kinda sucks, but the IPS panel is amazing! ;)

Altho im looking to buy a new monitor, sell my g sync 24" asus monitor and then never go with g-sync again! :)

"ASUS VG278HE 144hz" looks like the monitor im gonna get.

ps. I wouldnt recommend the Asus g-sync monitor to anyone.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  14. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    maybe you have a defect kit, i have not had any issues

15. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Update: I ended up not buying a new monitor, instead i borrowed my friends asus 24" 144hz (none g sync) to test if the pause/stutter/freeze still happen, as they did not happen with the "Dell Ultrasharp 2711dp 60hz" monitor.

Well with the asus 24" none g sync 144hz monitor the pause/stutter/freeze came back just as with my asus 24" 144hz g sync monitor.

So it seems to me like over some hz/fps on the monitor the game will pause/stutter/freeze lag, im going to test my g sync monitor tomorrow but set it too 120hz and see of that helps, and if it still pause/stutter/freeze lags i guess ill try 100 etc...

16. ReTiCuLe

ReTiCuLe Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan
    Yeah but you are forgetting not a lot of people could even afford a low ver. of a 120hz monitor let alone g-sync also. Hence why i said it isn't worth it for someone without the asus monitor. Soon they will roll out new versions anyhow.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    If you still want native 120Hz+ and nice color then take a look a this mofo, its a little expensive (~ 490€ / $) but imo well worth it.
    http://gaming.eizo.com/products/foris_fg2421/

- the only issue with it is you will have to have it a little turned to the left or right, if you look straight at it 0°Angle it can have small shifting by very dark tones, its a VA thing..

Im using FS2333 60Hz variant with IPS and its very fast too

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  18. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Thank you, gonna have a look at that one! :)