AMD Catalyst 14.4 RC1 (14.100.0.0 April 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. juntulis

juntulis Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    AMD doing "great" job releasing new drivers as always.

But all they are doing is adding support for new cards :D
    Amd: BUY NEW GPU!!!! WE DONT CARE!

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Wonder if they'll ever fix it :p

3. incneet

incneet Member

GPU:
    RX 5600XT
    is so silly this bug :pipe:

4. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    I'm pretty sure AMD commented that this wasn't a bug in their drivers. It was system specific.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Considering it only happens to their CCC, I say otherwise

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    They do not work perfectly with Mantle yet.. they "sort of" work with Mantle, the cards that have more than 2GB of video memory, the issue will not be so apparent.

As AMD stated, these cards will be optimized in future driver releases.

---

These new Beta drivers cause flickering in the weapon customization screen, the previous 14.3 did not.

Has anyone else noticed this?

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    This latest driver provided by AMD is able to run ARMA 3 flawlessly for a random amount and time, but eventually not, or with artifacts:
    http://youtu.be/GfGH03dcgbs

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I'm pretty sure I've never had CCC bug like that when going to the Video tab on any of my systems.

I've had that happen before when I visited the LCD Overdrive tab though.

9. acu

acu Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X
    14.4 IS A disaster for me...after cleaning up 13.12, results to mediocre OC! losing hope now...

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Considering I have experienced this bug my self waaaay back when I had my 4870x2 and since having my HD7970 and my HD7770 in two different rigs I have never experienced this bug with the drivers I have been using and this is also using two different OS's (W7 and 8). I have had my 7970 since August 2012 so I was on 12.8 drivers.

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Wonder if this will help for the CCC issue. After installing the new drivers do the following:

Run from an elevated command prompt:
    Code:
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" executequeueditems
    Followed by:
    Code:
    "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" executequeueditems
    The first one does 32-bit, the second one 64-bit (so on 32-bit systems skip the last one).

If you run 64-bit, you need to run both commands.

If you want you can also use the update command instead of the executequeueditems command. The update command is unnecessary every time, but wouldn't be a bad thing to run at least once. Errors may show, this is normal.

The reason why this may be beneficial is because CCC is NET framework based. The NET framework objects are automatically updated on system idle after reboot, but maybe not before you open CCC...

Could be completely wrong, but no harm in running it :). If this is the cause of it, AMD should be notified to run it at the end of installation.

12. Scythe

Scythe Guest

GPU:
    Asus Rx 480 Strix 08G
    Still can't play some legacy online games without black textures everywhere. Stuck on 13.12 whql, its like they're not even trying anymore. A shame really, i'll pick up an nvidia card, this has gone on too long, all this mantle talk and 4 months in it's still shaky at best.

13. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Working fine here, so it must be something else kicking it off.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I've had it randomly across different machines, different GPUs, Different OSs and Different Drivers for years too

5770s / 6850s / 7870 / R9 290

15. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Pretty stable drivers.

This one of the best drivers soo far for R290x and its a lot more stable then previous drivers.
    • Artifacts on Dual screen when watching Youtube or flash is on web browser are gone
    • Random BSOD while surfing the net(with flash) is gone
    • Flickering are gone on titanfall for the most part(but not all)
    • the drivers utilizes the R290x much better.
    • Crossfire support is much better

But however unlike fanatical AMD fanboy, I'm gonna say that, there are still has issue with Titanfall upon aboarding titan,
    there is still flickering during the Titan's screen-boot rather then fading in.

Other the hand, most games that was fine on previous drivers. are still fine on this driver, Good Work AMD's Driver team,
    please keep on improving on this path.
    Now I can recommend R290x cards to my frens and cousins honestly.

Those who are about to DL this 14.4 RC1,
    Take note that I only tested out this driver for 2 days,
    So take my comments with a grain of salt.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

16. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Welcome to capitalism baby. "ALL YOUR MONEY ARE BELONGS TO US, HA HA HA HA"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvTxv46ano (replace 'base' with 'money')

Anyway most Big companies are like this, the most notorious is apple for forcing ppl to buy newer Ipod touch(s) and Iphones by disallowing older models from Update the OS.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  17. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Nothing in front of Android vendors who flat out stop even sending any updates your way. iPhone 4 users get iOS7, and those are 3-year-old phones. Not to say an iPhone 4 isn't slow with iOS7's transitions, but...a 3-year-old phone, with the newest software.

So don't just bash Apple for that. At least they have a unified OS, not every vendor has to build a ROM for every single phone of theirs.

Also, you're responding to an irrelevant post with irrelevant information anyways, just the daily dose of driver posts.

18. dkizzy

dkizzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    Is anyone experiencing lower mining rates from these drivers?

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    GPU2 99% bug still there with ULPS. 14.3 has no issue. Damn AMD.

20. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Oh no! A beta driver that still has bugs! We need to make sure every f***ing last AMD employee burns in hell forever!!!

Come on, people. Treat a beta version as what it is: an unstable piece of software. Regarding Mantle, it's still a new API. If you expected it to work perfectly in a short amount of time, all I can say is, wisdom is not your forte.

I started using beta drivers because the latest stable ones (14.1, if I remember correctly) had a problem with rendering shadows in Dead Space. That said, I expected bugs when switching from a stable version to an unstable one. Haven't had any so far, but I know that must be due to luck rather than anything else (i.e. I'm not using any of the apps that are buggy with the 14.3 drivers).

If I were to try this particular beta, I would expect bugs as well. That said, since mine are working properly, I'm not gonna switch. You ungrateful types should do the same, unless you're willing to deal with bugs.