AMD Catalyst 14.4 RC1 (14.100.0.0 April 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    Thanks!
    I don't have it on my CCC. I'm using an HDTV (HDMI) as Monitor. Can this be the reason?

2. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    i dont know, mine is allways at 6500K since... well since a long time.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    May be, not sure, as i run through the DVI, if it all looks ok still, then i wouldn't worry, you can tell by White, will be a slight pink hue colour if its off a bit. :)

Was 6500k under the 13.12s (my previous drivers), but once i put these on, it was at 6400k, as i noticed White had a pink hue. :p

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I have 3 LCDs attached, 2 x DVI and 1 x HDMI, both DVIs have that option, the HDMI does not

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Will see how these go, was mainly the quick pause/freeze i kept getting while gaming with the first set of these (14.1s), i could unstick the core clock fine when it stuck, but thats fixed in these.

6. elMARIACHI

elMARIACHI Guest

GPU:
    3x Sapphire R290x
    Can someone confirm if these drivers cause conflicts when mining scrypt VIA CGminer/SGminer? I've tried every build ever since 13.12 WHQL and they all cause screen artifacts and or horrible hashrate. A fellow user suggested to simply fetch OpenCL.dll & amdocl64.dll from the SDK and drop it in your miner's directory but that simply causes my miner to instantly crash.

I would be very grateful for any input!

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Noticed some strange flickering on the customize weapon screen in BF4 multiplayer *using Mantle API"

The bit where you view the weapon and change certain attachments.

The game itself ran smooth, Using vsync to kill screen tear... although I need to limit fps to 60 to make it smooth and use medium textures to not fill the 2GB on the video card.

8. bear

bear Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6630M
    Im using this version for mining and it has been great(the best version so far). Try changing the threat concurrency. I found that this version performs much better with lower threat concurrency. I use 14080 tc for my 290X.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Ahh gotcha, oh well I tried.

I keep a few buddies of mine on AMD cards up to date and saw these, thought I'd post.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    :)
    _________

11. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070
    Im still currently using the 13.30 RC3 drivers as they are the best for me, but ill give these a shot.

12. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070
    Well, so far so good. CCC wont open up! Way to go AMD!

13. krain11

krain11 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 960M
    will this work for me?

14. SmilingLunatic

SmilingLunatic Guest

GPU:
    -
    I know I made a separate topic about it, but I'd just like to report that nothing installed for me besides CIM & HDMI Audio Driver. Cheers, AMD.

*scoots over to Nvidia* [​IMG]

15. LeeKM

LeeKM Guest

GPU:
    HD7970M
    AMD ULPS (Ultra Low Power State) disable tool

http://blog.metasplo.it/2012/12/amd-ulps-ultra-low-power-state-disable.html

Anyone that has troubleshooted problems with AMD/ATI graphics card crossfire configurations will probably know about Ultra Low Power State (ULPS). ULPS is a sleep state that lowers the frequencies and voltages of non-primary cards in an attempt to save power. The downside of ULPS is that is can cause performance loss and some crossfire instability.

GPU Utilization Fix:biggun::biggun::biggun:

16. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    I have had the 6400K temp show only 1 driver a while back. These last lot of drivers (14's) I have not noticed the colour temp problem. Looked in CCC and temp is 6500K. And I have never seen the black screen in the video colour page. Just wondering if it is something persistent on your computer?

Opens for others, so maybe it is not AMD's fault. Just saying...

And I understand that we have not heard anything about optimisation for the 7000 series, but (a) that don't mean it doesn't work and (b) it certainly appears (to me) to be getting better with each driver even though there is no supposed optimisations for 7000 series cards yet. I am running crossfired 7970's and I am more than happy with results. They do better than dx11 so I am not complaining. Pic of performance graph - mantle, vsync off. Very smooth for me.

[​IMG]

Pic performance graph - DX 11, vsync off Somewhat smooth too, but bit more jumpy than mantle when **** is happening + overall less FPS.

[​IMG]

Maybe I've just been lucky and dodged the bug crap shoot.

17. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    AMD Catalyst 14.4 RC V.10 Apr 17 (All in One)
    For Switchable Graphics (PowerXpress & Enduro)
    Windows 64 Bit

Download

Guides: Uninstall old driver with DDU in Safemode

Notes: Windows 8 & 8.1
    Need to disable driver signature enforcement before install these drivers

How to disable

Security Warning : Choose run or install

Switchable Graphics Application Settings present in Llano and older laptops
    [​IMG]

No mod for improve performance or Mantle API
    I use original drivers from AMD official site and only mod for switchable menu present.

18. elMARIACHI

elMARIACHI Guest

GPU:
    3x Sapphire R290x
    Thanks for your feedback, I'll give them a try whenever I've got time to waste. Since we've got identical GPUs, what hashrate are you yielding? I'm slightly above 880 KH/s @ 920/1500 with a TC of 25960 using 13.12.

19. Jankes

Jankes Member

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT Gaming X
    4870? Read Release Notes, this is a Legacy card, no more new drivers for You
    Last known driver for your card is 13.9 Legacy

20. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    Hi,

I read this and the other thread you started about the hd 5470. It looks like you messed you windows installation. I suggest doing a system restore using a restore point generated before all these problems started to appear.

I know it has worked well for many people but for me DDU (and I do mean DDU not the amd utility) messed up my system (win8 and win8.1) and had the exact same problems as you (ccc not showing up/crashing or no driver could be installed afterwards). System restore fixed this for me.
    I have been using the driver's internal uninstall utility with no problems whatsoever (although I do realise that some people have issues with it).
    Just make sure you kill backround apps that may be using the driver, select the uninstall option and restart. Install new drivers, restart and you are done. Also make sure you have completely disabled your antivirus both during uninstall and install.
    This simple procedure has never failed for me since the very early windows Vista days, using 3 different machines.

Also keep in mind that using modded bioses and/or drivers is not necessarily a "free ride" to additional features.