Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl: what a ride

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Yeah, just amazes me how stupid the company is by not making S.t.a.l.k.e.r 2.

Got to be the dumbest thing in gaming history!

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You may want to do a bit of reading about the developer, GSC Game World.

Then you'll know why.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The ENB half isnt working for me Wanny. The game loads and displays the enb message at the top left of the screen, but the effects dont appear once ingame.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  4. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    hows stalker soc with SweetFX anyone? i absolutely loved the game so much it nearly cost me my relationship and consequently my marriage :p clear sky and call of pripyat just don't have that same atmosphere no game comes close

and yes x-18 labs :) i shall say no more

5. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    I got Misery 2.1 for STALKER CoP recently and let's just say it lives up to its name. Damn that game is difficult.

6. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    autumn aurora 2 is a no go on windows 8.1, the game loads but i get graphics corruption and the menu doesn't show

im using 337.61 drivers but don't know if the game, video drivers or OS is causing it

windows 7 x64 works perfectly

7. Vectored

Vectored Guest

GPU:
    gtx770 FTW 4Gb
    You folks need to play the following SS and GH English translated mods:

Secret Trails 2
    Return of Scar
    Fotograf (soon to be released in English)

Lost Alpha to come out in about a week or so.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Oh, yeah! When i finished it was Misery 1.0 and game is stuck with master difficulty, what pain it was but worth it.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Actually they want to. But the ideas they had in mind with the AI and freeplay were kind of more advanced and they currently lack funding.

They currently are making Survarium:
    http://survarium.com/en

Seems that if someone gave them the chance to design a new Stalker game with a newer engine that looks more up to date and with some proper test engineers (to get rid of nasty bugs before release) and some good publicity, they could actually kick other SP game devs right in the nuts (FPS wise at least).

Stalker games are lovely but just lack a little bit of polish.

Oh and those complaining about bad weapons, the harsh truth:

"Get aim"

The weapons in Stalker were always very very effective but you need to really go for headshots. Another thing I actually liked, it made for a more interesting SP experience for more seasoned players.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    downloading now...

cheers Wanny.

Edit: DOF still isnt working for me, is there any updates like visual B.. or other runtime files required to get DOF to work.

Ive tried messing with the enbeffectprepass.fx & enbeffect.fx + the .ini files and of course the in-game enb menu. But to no avail.

DOF FIXED: Turned off AA and SSAA from the Nvidia Control Panel under General, which.. obviously fixed a few low fps issues i've been having of late. Since using Nspector, i dont really go into the normal control panel for anything other than enabling SLI and setting up color and custom resolutions. All is well in the land of FPSDOF-ness.

Either way, looks friggin amazing, great job to the Wanny and the team.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nobody else tryin mod:(

13. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I'm waiting for the game to go on SALE. Can't wait to try out Wanny's mod. :)

Also, what super nice texture you or anyone recommend? Link plz!! Thanks. :D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    US$8.99
    http://www.cdkeyhouse.com/steam-key...m&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

CDKey Hpuse i can vouch for as ive used them before with no issues.

US$7.99
    http://www.gamesrocket.com/download...referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop&currency=USD

Not sure about these guys though.

As for mods.

Cant go wrong with Autumn Aurora 2 or Complete mod. Not tried any other myself.

Though check this thread out.
    http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2008&start=20#p48877

Edit:Found a time of day/weather commands for the console, thanks to Vandrerer.

sv_setweather (name weather)

clear = clear sky
    partly = partly sky
    foggy = foggy day
    vfoggy = very foggy
    rainy = rainy
    stormy = stormy
    cloudy = cloudy

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  15. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

With the steam version, I need to put files like this :

Inside \bin : d3d9.dll, d3d9_smaa.dll, SweetFX folder, SweetFX_preset.txt, SweetFX_Settings.txt

Inside \STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl : enbseries.ini, enbeffect.fx, enbeffectprepass.fx.

I don't know about retail tho.

You have to delete the R2 shaders folder inside Gamedata. C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl\gamedata\Shaders\

General rules of SweetFX & ENB
    - No in-game/Nvidia CP AA
    - No Steam overlay
    - No MSI afterburner overlay (Enable modified dll file + Application detection none)
    - No FRAPS

If you want the genuine config, use that https://www.mediafire.com/?z4ho2ouxl3219k3. MOD author activated vignette and heavy chromatic abberration by default... bunch of crap.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    need Lost World: Origin

Russian modding scene is still crazy like that

18. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Thanks, Wanny! Tried your genuine preset and deleted the R2 shader folder and now it works. Steam overlay doesn't cause any problem so I left it on. :banana:

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I believe that the steam versions are exactly the same retail, as in folder layout and structure etc etc. Like if you installed the retail version, then installed the steam version and compared the two folders, there would be no difference except for one requiring steam to run.

As for sweetfx and enb, i put everything into the bin folder after i cracked the game. The reason for that is that windows permissions was getting in the way and when i attempted to change them i got told im not the administrator of my own pc.. what evs.

So cracked and then dragged and dropped the stalker folder to the desktop launch game, change whatever settings, then place the stalker folder back into the steam directory and then uncrack.

the end.

20. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB