Nvidia 3d vision 2 on Win 8.1

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by XxDeaDHeaDxX, Apr 20, 2014.

1. XxDeaDHeaDxX

XxDeaDHeaDxX Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780TI
    Hi all. Have been to several places including nvidia, but i can't get a response from them. I have the 3d vision 2 kit with a asus vg248qe monitor and gtx780ti. I start games that are supposed to be 3d ready but ghosting is horrible. Convergence is a trade off of what you wanna see multiples off, up close or far away. What I wanna know for sure before I throw in the towel is do these things run that badly on 8.1? I just built this pc and bought 8.1 so can't exactly go back to 8. If so why is there such a big difference in the way they run on 8 to 8.1?

2. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    What Games are you trying to Play and what Driver version are you using?

I myself am using 780Ti SLI with a Asus VG278H Monitor in Windows 8.1 and found no problems playing games in 3D. I'm using 337.50 Drivers.

3. XxDeaDHeaDxX

XxDeaDHeaDxX Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780TI
    Am also using the 337.50 drivers. Been trying it out on Arkham Origins which is listed 3d vision ready, but throughout the whole scene, from batman to the buildings, am just seeing triple images of everything. Have tried what some suggested, turning down brightness to 15, contrast to like 45-55, but no change and just darkens it all up kinda defeating the purpose of 3d vision 2 with lightboost.

4. XxDeaDHeaDxX

XxDeaDHeaDxX Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780TI
    By the way, been wondering and this is off topic. I love this 780ti it just eats anything I throw at it all by itself, how big a difference is there running 2 of these in sli?

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Almost 100% scaling if properly supported.

6. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    I have had a huge improvement,
    especially notice a improvement if gaming on 1440p 4k or even 144hz, for me sli is somthing i have always ventured into and could not possibly go back to single card unless its a dual gpu

7. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Never had issues with 3d in 8 or 8.1.

One thing I have noticed is win7 runs dx9 3d much nicer? For that reason I'm running win7 for all my race sims like rfactor and race07, while dual booting I to win8 for bf4.

You tried a fresh install?

8. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    I have the Asus VG278H, 3D Vision 2, Win 8.1 64 Bit Update 1 and latest driver (non hot fix) and 3D is running fine. I do have to turn my contrast down to prevent separation of images to around 50-51. The only game which is notoriously bad with separation for me is Assetto Corsa.

I don't know what the problem could be, sorry.

9. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    How is this kit working out for you guys?
    Those glasses are pretty expensive, is it worth it?

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    3D Vision is the best 3d i ever seen, i have s23a700d but my friend got the benq xl2420z with 3d vision kit.

However many 3d vision 2 glasses comes DOA, in fact we just now got another 2 DOA glasses and refunded, there is something wrong with the battery placement on the holder...

As for OP, see if u can lower ur response time of the monitor,it might help or not.

11. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    I got myself a 3d vision 2 kit as well and I must say that when you let your eyes adapt gradually to ever increasing depth it's a real blast.
    Especially Crysis 3 is exceptionally good in 3d, but yeah that whole engine is just good with everything.

In some engines some effects are not properly rendered and in many engines 2D user interface elements such as text are annoying, but other than that it is awesome! Much better than watching 3D movies in the theater lol.

@OP: have you tried putting depth to 0 and see if you still have issues in game? Putting depth to 0 effectively cancels the 3D effect, but if you're still having ghosting or flicker issues then there might be something wrong with your screen or glasses.

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    It been working great for me, I found a good deal for mine where i got the emitter and the glasses together for 69. but the glasses had slight scratches on it, which still works. Some games you will have to adjust it to get it right while others you wont have to much. It didnt take while for my eye to adjust but different people will have different results.

13. JasmineJas

JasmineJas Guest

GPU:
    64-bit
    I just CAN'T believe the fact that Nvidia doesn't even care telling their customers what is happening. That's just un-professional and a really bad practice.