Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. StannieDum

StannieDum Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    Yeah yeah yeah. Seen it all before. A lot of pre-alpha talk about what the devs would LIKE it to be. Everyone goes "Ooh, can't wait for this one!" and "It's gonna be much better than Aliens Colonial Marines!" Three years down the line, the game gets released and everyone says it's nothing like all the hype from three years ago. "They lied to us!" scream half the community. "Lawsuit!" scream the other half. Sound familiar?

One thing you can predict is that considering it's a Creative Assembley game, it will probably be a 'bug hunt' alright!

But maybe, just maybe this time ...

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im predicting delays and day 1 bugs of the broken game magnitude. Wont look like any of the above shots currently availible and will be quicktime heavy, light on story, and pointless dlc.

But, i hope im wrong.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I wouldn't say I'm expecting a positive reaction to the product.
    Based on the videos, screen and interviews... I'm hoping for a good game. But, I'm not really sure what to expect.

I hope it'll be good, I hope it'll be polished. But, in the end... all I can do is hope. It would be beyond ignorant to be so blind as to say that the game will be awesome because of this and this... when I have no valid way to state such a thing. :)

I hope for the best, but... I always try to go into any new game with minimal expectations. Best allows me to really take the game in instead of disappointment because it's not like my dreams. :)

4. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Yep. I hope this will be a good game as well, and there are signs that it could be as well as some warning signal so it's just waiting game to see how this works out :)

5. manny167

manny167 Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 - 4GB
    This game is gonna be fun in the dark @ 3 am, and i hope it's optimized :D

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the game will be available On October 7th on all platforms, according to IGN.

7. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "its way better then Colonial marines."

Anything is better than A cMs. And geeze Damean? You were 1 of the biggest flagwavers of A CMs. When WE said it was gonna blow from the start. And say by golly it did blow. No matter how much we tried to get it to look at least decent enough.

And here you are again going thru all the same steps you did with A CMs. Figures.

Anyways, I will concede that Alien Iso looks amazing visually incomparison to A CMs. Not hard to do that. Gameplaywise on its own merits, as big a Fan as I am, and for as long as I have been around the communities, AIs gameplay just doesn`t compel me to want to bother with it. And no it is not because I need to have uber fast gameplay and big guns. I love the idea of the original AVP, which didn t have fast fps gameplay at all.

Imho it was a mistake to go totally left wing and remove gunplay altogether. But, if they release a demo, I`ll give it a try and post my thoughts. Tbh, I never ever thought an alien game would ever come along that I`d be absolutely not interested in. But here we are today.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I think the idea to remove gunplay is an amazing one, but it's a massive risk financially to do it.
    I respect them for attempting it, but this isn't a small indie survival horror game, and I imagine the license isn't cheap.

It wouldn't surprise me if they sold out and changed the gameplay, but I hope not as the game wouldn't be an Alien game if they did.

Saying that, I am curious how the game will hold your attention when there is one main enemy for the full game.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The Alien is the big enemy but reports suggest that their will be other survivors (other humans) who may or may not become enemies depending upon the players interactions with them.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Isnt this just slenderman in space. if so, scary stuff.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That sounds quite interesting.

Kinda like zombie or other apocalyptic themed movies/games, while there is a common enemy (alien/supernatural) for all, the real interesting part is actually the politics and reactions of other humans.

A game where your constantly scared of being attacked by the Alien while trying to work out who is your friend or enemy could be fantastic, if done right of course.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They've said Slender and Outlast were influences in the style they were going for.
    Only, like Outlast there will be more then just one enemy (the Xeno and human or synthetics) as threats.

Also, they've said that unlike either Slender or Outlast, the player can find and use weapons.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the ai will make or break a game like this especially as much as they are selling the ai.

the alien design looks amazing though.

ca the total war dev though isnt it? cant be as bad as gearbox right?

rome 2 though

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If Gearbox had actually made that game... that jab may have been fitting.
    But, since TimeGate made it... not so much.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    GB still talked up about how hard they were workong on the game talked endless crap about the ai and graphics and how much the aliens franchise meant to all of them there, so much they never evn bothered to check ont he development of the game until sega wanted a game.

Unless its called borderlands does not matter how much bull**** falls out pitchfords or w/es mouth over there take it with a huge grain of salt. they get way too much a pass for their horse**** just because they have one good game.

2 games prove it dnf and acm 2 games pitchford paved a path a s **** a mile long on both titles. and acm is a the poster child of the reason why games change bullshots out so fast of late. because gamers will evicerate you now more than ever because of acm.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I still find it funny how pissed people are about it. It's almost as if they'd never played a disappointing game before...

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    out and out fraud in their pr made it that way. let be clear here they sold an utter lie for that game and its never been properly addressed 4 gig patch n all. fraud.

and randy was out there leading the parade with the bs. they gave not a single solitary f about that ip.

what worries me most is that CA did the same bull**** with rome 2 and now they making this......

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm looking forward to this, still didn't play A:CM, I will get it eventually, but I do hope that this game will succeed and revive the Aliens franchise.

19. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black