Intel Has a First-Quarter Revenue of $12.8 Billion

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Intel Corporation today reported first-quarter revenue of $12.8 billion, operating income of $2.5 billion, net income of $1.9 billion and EPS of 38 cents. The company generated approximately $3.5 bill...

Intel Has a First-Quarter Revenue of $12.8 Billion

2. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Thats some serious cash over there Holly molly!

3. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Lets hope amd do well too ya know.... And give us eight cores you rich basterds.:nerd:

4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Look at how much they spend on R&D per year

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Based on the progress since 2006 I'm going to guess a bag of chips, $1.25 and some pocket lint. I shouldn't be able to still use the same CPU that I've had since the paleolithic era, but here it is, barely surpassed when OCs are taken into consideration.

They passed AMD with the Core 2 series then just seemingly stopped trying. The performance increase with the last generation over the previous is non existent.

6. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    That must be it, the hundred thousand of intel employees around the world have just ''given up'' at once. It came from upper management, sent a mass email telling them that they had won and should sit on their laurels.

Or, is it that just as usual, miniaturization process is the most relevant factor and is going on par with it's decades old self.

Let's be clear here: Intel didn't do amazing; AMD messed up.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    We're still on old hardware because of software not being up to it. Just because software isn't using our hardware doesn't mean they're skimping on R&D.

Had my 920 been a POS at games or I expect it to be (let watch dogs release), this thing is getting replaced by a 4790k in a heartbeat.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah because the power savings and GPU enhancements that have quadrupled since then mean nothing, right?

Intel doesn't need to compete for performance anymore, current gen processors satisfy the needs of 90% of the market. They have no competition there and even if they did, what would it be for? Take a Haswell and shove two 780Ti/290x's in SLI and it's still scaling properly in nearly all major titles. A 20-50% faster CPU isn't going to do anything in the majority of cases. You should be happy Intel is saving you money.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  9. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    They still have the most advanced manufacturing process. TMSC is struggling to get there.

10. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    A bit of competition would be nice. XBone and PS4 should give AMD a nice boost, however, which will help. It's good to see the Kaveri stuff is as fast (if not faster) than the Phenom II X4 at least so the "dual core with hyperthreading" isn't far off being a quad core in terms of performance, even though the new tweaks basically make it a quad core.

Not sure about that, Nehalem was a HUGE jump over core 2. SB was a fair jump over that but nerfing OCing was a bad move.

Phenom I was fairly bad, and lack of innovation didn't help, either, and intel being anticompetitive douchebags.

This is also true. I'd still be on X58 if the X79 bundle hadn't come up cheap. Nothing wrong with my old "980Xeon" it ran 4.4 no probs

I think intel is struggling with 14 nm, too.