AMD Display & Audio Drivers won't install

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by thummel, Apr 12, 2014.

1. thummel

thummel Guest

GPU:
    Two 7970's
    Hi as the title suggests - I cannot install any of the AMD Display / Audio Drivers. I've tried the Beta Drivers (14.2 and 14.3), also the WQHL Drivers (13.12). For weeks I've been trying to get this to work and it gets me no where. The latest one I was able to download was Beta Driver 14.1 and I can't even uninstall that damn display driver.

I made a post a few weeks ago on the same subject as shown here:

The Advice that "MasterChief" gave me didn't seem to work. I tried using the AMD Cleanup Utility; Also the "Display Driver Uninstall program" thats sticked on this Forum. I even went into my Device Manager and tried manually deleting the drivers - still nothing.

After installing any AMD Drivers from the main website it always states:

(Installation complete (warnings occured during installation))
    Is there a work around on this issue? My main concern is that I cannot play Battlefield 4 recently because the latest patch made a restriction that only 14.2 Display Drivers and up can play the game optimally (Because of the Mantle API.)

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The new 14.4 beta drivers work fine in games for me,maybe try them out.

OK this message does not really mean anything,but you could always check the file out with office and see if there is actually a failed to install.
    (Installation complete (warnings occurred during installation)

Well you can try this,see what happens.

Shut off computer and remove crossfire bridge and remove one card.
    Restart computer check if card is recognized ,if not uninstall drivers,re-boot.
    Re-install drivers with one card,see if card is reconized,if it is.
    Shut down computer and install second card and crossfire bridge,restart and try to enable crossfire in CCC.

3. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    So when you click on the 'view log' , what does it say? What caused the warnings? Just because you get warnings does not mean installation failed. If installation failed, it usually says 'installation failed', not installation complete. I have had similar warnings and all it was saying in the log was that a module was not installed because I had an updated module to what the installer was trying to install. Have you rebooted AFTER getting the warning? What happened?

And I don't know who MasterChief is, looks like he got banned on those forums for some reason. But diving into folders and deleting files because it has AMD on it doesn't sound good advice, especially when you have a amd motherboard with amd chipset drivers. If someone in a forum recommends a course of action such as modifying or deleting files, folders or regedit, I suggest searching for a second corroborating opinion/source before doing such actions. (Google is your friend - I doubt your problem would be unique.)

4. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    @thummel
    What OS you have?

5. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
  6. thummel

thummel Guest

GPU:
    Two 7970's
    I use Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I will try that right now! Thanks for your response :) I'll make sure to report my findings after I try installing the drivers.

When I check the view log everything says it installed successfully except for my Display Driver. It says "Failed". Audio Drivers only failed once but now for some reason it's being installed (Not sure why it failed before and its working now). I also rebooted after getting the warning and checked my Catalyst Control Center to see what Display Drivers are installed and it still says 14.1. I am going to do what gerardfraser instructed and I will make sure to keep you guys up to date on my progress. I appreciate your help :)