AMD Catalyst 14.4 (14.100.0.0 March 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CPC_RedDawn, Apr 11, 2014.

1. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    AMd have a history of doing this, heck they even do it with thier hardware, R9 280x in point.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its a leaked driver people, you arent even supposed to have it.

3. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    hi thanks for your driver but i have question does this driver have the Switchable Graphics Global Settings menu fully working or only just only the Switchable Graphics Application Settings menu

4. gexxy lord

gexxy lord Guest

GPU:
    r9 280x
    still slight pauses in battlefield 4...runs smooth but has the slight freezes randomly..

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Sure, Nvidia never rebrands their gpus. :p

6. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    Bug i noticed with this driver is that settings don't apply with msi afterburner for the slave in crossfire.

I had to disable ULPS to make it work.

7. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    The problem is even the official beta 14.xx had this issue. So i guess thats why he is asking.

Driver is leaked and NV does the same with their cards. It's called rebrand.

8. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Leaked drivers are, leaked. They are not on official amd list yet, so use at own risk.
    However, leaked drivers usually means the next beta will be different from the previous one. That could be good or bad, but at least brings some fresh perspective since previous 14.xx beta's behave more or less the same for most users.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Just confirming that my screen didn't wake when I tried waking it a little bit ago. ULPS is disabled.

Back on the previous 14.3 beta, I had ULPS disabled, and the screen woke every time without issue (either it just worked fine, or I just conveniently haven't ran into the wake issue; seems to be random)

10. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Ack, this driver brings back the old I beam cursor bug in 8.1 that I used to have to deal with a lot in Windows 7. Really hope that's not a staple going forward.

11. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    Can I use this for the Mobility HD 4250?

If not which driver would allow overclocking? Most apps say my gpu is at 72mhz all the time. AMD Gpu tool says 25Mhz but in game it switches between like 50 different clocks from 72mhz to 504mhz. I just wanna lock it down to like 650mhz while plugged in...

Temps are of zero concern. I repasted and cleaned dust from the heatsink. The gpu part of the heatsink was maybe 5mm from the chip with a 5mm heat pad and I'd see 90C at idle stupidest design ever.

Anyway I bent the copper heat pipe and cleaned off the pad to get a perfect copper to core contact. Now seeing around 60-65C on the cpu/gpu in game with the cpu and gpu at 100%.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  12. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    [​IMG]

installed OK
    coupla differences (?)

- will report back if any problems.. :)

13. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    After the first system hang, I disabled ULPS and enabled "constant voltage" in Afterburner.

Let's see if this helps!

14. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    Yes

[​IMG]

but I have switchable graphics method also. because I use modified bios.

If use original bios have switchable graphics global settings menu , application settings , application monitor ...

15. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    thanks for your reply i also have a modified bios and have the switchable graphics method the fixed mode and dynamic mode

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    They do, DVI retains the connection whereas DP and HDMI basically uninstalls the monitor when you turn it off, had to search a bit via Google to find that info since I was wondering why the windows kept resizing when I had the monitor off.
    (Windows Vista and later switches to a internal virtual desktop with a resolution of 1024x768 apparently, something about compatibility.)

EDIT: I do not know if this varies from GPU to GPU or between DP versions, the issue (Or what to call it.) did not happen for the brief time when I had the r9 290 GPU which I found interesting.
    (But the blackscreen crash issue forced me to RMA it after only a day and I got this instead which was the only custom 280 in stock in that store.)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  17. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    These drivers are working great for me so far with R9 290X. Batman Arkham City and Alice Madness Returns both working great with no major stutters or freezes to be noticed until now.

I'll be trying more games over the next couple of days (DX and Mantle) and I'll let you know ;)

18. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    This driver is smoother in every game I tried (B4, Metro last light, Crysis 3 Thief) On Battlefield 4 it resolve the stuttering problem introduced by the last game update. There is still some stuttering here and there but is noticeable smoother. So for me these are the best from the 14s branch.
    Also the browser/flash/HTML crashes/BSODs seems to disappeared but I think not because of the driver but rather because of browser/flash updates. Even with 14.3 the problem stopped after some browsers/flash updates.

19. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    For me BSODs still occur in Firefox with html5 video. In chrome it is fine.

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ive always used HDMI, and up until this driver, it has NEVER uninstalled/disconnected during monitor sleep or turn off the monitor.