Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It takes like 5 minutes to run DDU which is why I always use it before installing a new driver, it's a peace of mind thing.

2. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Sli working on diablo 3 ros? mine no. Also getting framedrops to 17 sometimes with those drivers.

For titanfall, have to use the bioshock sli profile?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Am I just unlucky or is GeForce Experience 2.0 buggy?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled this THREE times now to fix various issues. The first time it was stuck in a permanent Checking for Updates loop and the second was to fix the problem with the app not launching from the system tray NVIDIA icon. I fixed the first problem and the second one seemed to go away on installing the app for the third time. However, two reboots later and the system tray icon is no longer working (the NVIDIA control panel app still works) and the app just refuses to boot from there. It does launch from a desktop shortcut though.

Anyone else encountering this problem?

Note: Prior to v2.0, I had none of these problems with v1.8.x and I have been using Windows 8.1 Update 1 for over a month now since it leaked.

4. eternitykh

eternitykh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB SLI
    not sure if this was reported but

OMG, i JUST realized this release fixed issue with surround desktop windows maximizing by dragging to top of screen that was introduced a while back (specifically this, maximizing with double click and maximize button always worked properly), it will now properly maximize to the single screen that it was dragged to, instead of spanning across all three screens.

also fixed issue with restoring after minimizing a maximized window (i know it's wordy, but it's the the most proper way i can describe it), it will now restore to the screen it was originally maximized on instead of spanning it over all three screens.

although the aero peak/preview will still always show a minimized window in the left screen even if it was originally maximized on another screen, however, restoring it will bring it to the proper screen as described earlier.

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    So in short is a fix for that lod problem explained in that article ?

6. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    An update on the DXHR DC white flash problem.

I reverted to the previous WHQL driver and the issue went away.

Then I reinstalled 337.50 and the issue came back.

Then I noticed the thread about HPET. I turned on "ACPI HPET Table" in my bios and used WinTimerTester.exe to verify that my QueryPerformanceFrequency was now at 14MHz (before changing the bios it was much lower, like 4 or 5). Launched DXHR and found that the white flash issue is gone, as is the microstutter. Launched a DX9 game and found that the microstutter in that game is gone as well.

Edit: actually further testing found white flashes are still happening in DXHR but at a massively reduced frequency - previously it would flash several times a second, now its more like once or twice a minute.

Edit2: setting D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMISATIONS to 1 (in the DXHR registry settings) completely fixes the white flashes while maintaining the huge performance boost I get from 337.50.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  7. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    I don't suppose anyone has made a version of that dll for Vista?

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You still use Vista ? Rofl..

9. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well, these drivers weren't that exciting for me in the end, no real significant performance improvements in comparison to the latest whql driver.

3DMark11 was identical, except a slight increase in the 'Combined' test(CPU & GPU test).

Arkham Origins, Arkham City: no change. (surprised about this one, as was advertised for a big increase)
    Metro Last Light: 4% increase in fps, and this is the game that taxes my CPU the most.
    Tomb Raider: 2%
    Grid 2: 2%
    F1 2012: 1%
    Bioshock Infinite: 1%

Skyrim quick subjective test didn't notice any improvements, GPU usage still low in some areas.
    Titanfall gaming session still locked at 60fps, and still some drops in fps in some areas of some maps to high 40's, low 50's.

The most significant thing I noticed about these drivers is that game loading screens are noticeably shorter, for instance Tomb Raider seems to load the benchmark almost instantly. For me this is the only real positive about this driver, although I can't knock them for small increases in fps on some games, but it's not noticeable. I think if you had a dual core, or a really old Quad Core, then you might see some improvements with this driver, but Sandybridge quad core & up I don't think there are big gains.

10. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Was that necessary?

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm just worried if it's healthy for the system.
    Could be placebo but I feel like my card runs hotter and overclocks worse now than before I started using DDU.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Anybody knows what this does? I think its new :nerd:

[​IMG]

Default is @ 0.

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Any chance you could take a video of this and upload it to youtube? We are unable to reproduce this issue.

14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Its for workstation users, not consumer.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just tried AC4 and this driver helps that game's performance tremendously! Damn. Still needs vsync+triple buffering with RadeonPro for an optimal experience (mainly for the tearing). I wish it was configurable with the driver or inspector, at worst. I really don't like using 3rd party tools.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes i too wish tripple buffering and fake full screen was part of nvidia drivers :)

17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    No issue here. Of course I'm running an SSD so it may mask the performance difference if any.

18. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Well, this is hilarious: when I press the key to record video it stops. When I stop recording video it resumes! Hmm. How about I point my iphone at the screen and record a video that way? Would that do?

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    DDU is the only driver removal tool I recommend to end users.

20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    That would be great. Thank you.