AMD Catalyst 14.4 (14.100.0.0 March 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CPC_RedDawn, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    That AMD clean-up utility is known to remove other drivers, so id stay clear from that.

2. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Is BSOD fixed on this set with firefox Flash/HTML5 Video or random 2d desktop flickering?
    douting it as all the other 14.x sets have this feature also seems from checking here and other threads they still have the blank screen from wake bug.

Looks like they've gone from taking 1 step forward & 2 steps back to deciding to totally stand still,makes them look a little silly after what Nv have pulled out of the bag with reducing there CPU overhead in there last beta set.

3. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Will these install on Vista 64?

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You're aware of this not being an official driver without a changelog right?

5. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Since when did AMD release this driver? Answer they never so any issue is your own fault for installing a LEAKED driver.

My god some people

6. AxelL

AxelL Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX1080
    How did you do that? I have an error message as I start the installer. Did you just installed the driver manually through the device manager? I didn't try that yet.. or maybe I just wait a few days until some official version comes out. :)

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    They are working on Windows 7 by just installing them like you always do, with the setup.

That error you see is AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding not getting installed.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I am, Electric Man!

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Cheers for the info! :banana:

10. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    These are better than the 14.3 driver for 7970 in Darksiders II.

With the previous driver, the game would jerk around a bit for a while when I first loaded it and then smooth out. Sometimes it would stay jerky and I would have to exit and reload to get it to work properly. (GPU usage would not go up very high when this happened as well).

These drivers seem to fix that.

I haven't been playing any other games lately, so can't comment on anything else.

11. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Thats good. I see for most people this drivers for reviewers 14.4 helps, even if they don't bring anything new besides R9 295X2 support. (at least on paper).
    I will wait for official release, but this sounds like it's gonna be great driver package, after all, this waiting...

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    there is absolutely nothing on paper, they are leaked.

13. atoneapone

atoneapone Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    Hey Vfriend! Thanks for making this for all old dual gfx Llano laptop users like me! leekm & you were the only ones making this possible with new drivers.:)

But any chance at making them work with Win7x64 & does game performance seem any better to you with these newer drivers? The best one for me has been 13.11b9.4, and everything later has been slightly worse.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  14. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    I will do it work on win7/8/8.1 if amd release official drivers. I think they will release in this week.

14.4 14.3 14.2 13.12 13.9 gaming performance are even.. on my laptop.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  15. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Yes which is why i was asking if these bugs had been fixed ?

Is this not a user to user thread/forum with ppl reporting on what issues are fixed/broken with this "leaked" driver set? if i shouldn't ask here if bugs are fixed prey tell where should i ask?

Also AMD's change log with any driver release is pretty worthless as they don't list everything they've fixed (or broken)......

16. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    From Cat 14.1 to 14.3, OC'ed 3D clock would stick even when on desktop or surfing the net. With this driver, it's fixed, I OC'ed my cards to 1100/1350 and the 3D cocks did not stick, it dialed down to 2D clock of 300mhz. Keepers for me...

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Do you use display port? My display "disconnects" itself when it goes to sleep or if I power it down when using display port. It happened with all AMD drivers. Also happened with NVIDIA so I'm not sure if it's more like display "issue" or if DP displays are supposed to do that.

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    So far so good, don't want to temp fate but first 14.x drivers that seem to be stable all round for me

19. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    glad you 290 guys are happy with them...everybody else still waiting...:wanker:

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Nope, HDMI.

Its never disconnected in the past. evem with the prior 14.xs