Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
  2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That did look better. The night scenes look amazing. Still don't think the color looks quite right in the day time sequences, can't really put a finger on why.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Looks great to be honest, my preorder is standing. Now let's just hope it will also play good and not be an unoptimized mess (at least not after some patches). :)

4. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I'll be buying the PS4 version, but it does look good. Lets hope it runs as well as it looks.

6. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Looks good. :)

Not exactly a next-gen revelation but...It's okay.

I was expecting more features however, TXAA and HBAO+ were already mentionned in a previous Nvidia slide, with "DX11 compute" stuff.

Oh well. I hope it's better optimized than AC4.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Looks great.

8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Is HBAO+ a nvidia only thing? It better have more AA options than just txaa, I want msaa, mlaa ect

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    it's not an exclusive feature.

10. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Looks alright. Still miles off the kind of quality shown in the E3 2012 video though. Whats happened to all the rain pouring off the side of buildings etc The lighting looks nowhere near as good either. Oh well.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    agree, that storm lightning was all wrong, no lightning in it at all.

Although it looks better then PS4 for sure.

12. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
  13. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Guys, it looks very nice....you are just being spoiled little pd#%#@

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I wasn't keen on that bit either, didn't fit well with the scene at all.

The rest looked really good though, and up to the same level as the old demo though, but i will need to see the same scene from the second half until i know for sure.
    Everything show so far is using a different tod or weather level.

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Graphically the difference seems to be on par with the difference between Dark Souls 2 on console vs PC. Not really much of a diff, just higher rez some aa and slighty better textures.

Though as with the but ugly port of GTAiv, This just makes watch dogs a modders play ground and i expect it to be one of the better looking games this year by the time modders are through. Its already got that clean lighting and none of that last gen brown tint so just imagine what enb and swtfx are going to achieve.

Hopefully its a fun game, though i cant say i know anything about gameplay other than the cops dont like you and you hack stuffs.

Edit: Also. Its got a similar look to SC Conviction in some parts of that trailer.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    That's just a preview video. Closer to release, they will release a better video which will show the full range of NVidia PC technologies. Clearly there's tessellation in there as well, but they didn't mention it for instance.

There's probably DirectCompute as well.. I don't think we'll see PhysX in this game, as Watch Dogs uses Havok for it's low level physics. Adding PhysX would just complicate things and likely reduce performance, as seen in AC IV..

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The PS4 version uses Tessellation so they can't say that is a PC only feature, there won't be texture quality limits with the PS4 either so they can't say high res textures.

Not sure what other Nvidia or other PC exclusive tech is left.
    Possibly 4K but can't think of anything else other than the same effects at the consoles, but at a higher level.

Edit: There is always NVIDIA HairWorks, i thought it looked impressive and poor at the same time in the COD Ghosts videos, but better to have a feature and the ability to turn it off than not have it at all.
    It's also DirectCompute instead of Cuda so anyone can use it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The tessellation in the PC version will likely be more liberal in it's use, and used on more surfaces and objects. One of the things I noticed in the PC footage compared to the PS4 footage, is that the river surface looks more natural. That could indicate higher levels of tessellation..

I'm not sure I agree with you on the textures. The PC version of AC IV seemed to have more detailed, or crisper looking textures than the PS4 version..

NVidia depth of field, percentage closer soft shadows. Could be some new ones though..

And of course there will be other differences added by Ubisoft such as greater density, simulation etcetera..

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ps4 textures look worse because Ps4 uses FXAA i think for AC IV.FXAA/MLAA blurs the image/textures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.