Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. morpheus9394

morpheus9394 Guest

GPU:
    2x 6950 1GB
    Disabling Hyper-V fixed the Code 43 error as well. I wish I had read this sooner, I sent 2hrs last night trying to get this driver to install :bang:

2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Using a fps cam in all my games, got a pretty nice increase in fps, in batman arkham origins, i can see this, because the gpu usage is lower, this means it has more room for frames :)

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Honestly, is it really necessary to use DDU or other similar programs? Shouldn't the nVidia installer "Clean Install" option suffice?

I've not updated yet since I wanted to have time to do some benchies.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yeah I saw that yesterday in BF3 @ 70fps cap

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    ^ I usually use 75 fps, or 86, depending of the game, or 68 for hardcore games. Dont like when i get fps variations, either big ones, or small.

6. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    Using the built in clean install option always seems to work for me.

7. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Can you enable after install or does it cause it to crash again. Hence beta and I am sure this will be corrected prior to updating their server clients. Thank you all you beta testers ...... :grin:

Regards

8. pjn

pjn Guest

GPU:
    Titan Z Black
    "various ramdisk questions"

You could probably construct a targeted example that demonstrates ramdisk acceleration of the shader disk cache. In general, I don't expect that to be the case (or at least be measurably better).

Though I love being proved wrong, hence the reason why we left RAMDISK as a supported type.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yea so unless everyone who has posted here about FPS gains have used DDU, I'll skip it like you did.

10. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    AC 3 seems great with these drivers, the drops I was getting around Boston etc have now gone, very smooth.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Minimal FPS gains for me in games, lower Valley scores, no temp gains (as hot as ever, 81 degrees in Valley). Sure, I'll keep them but I'm a bit disappointed.

12. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    DDU is only gonna save the step of having to uninstall the gpus from device manager at most(but the extra download and install and run and learn new program steps will take longer). It's not going to stop windows from installing the default driver from windows update tho which is the advance my ultra clean driver submits to public knowledge. Therefore if you want to stop windows from installing 335.23 at this point your still going to have to use my method........

What this driver does is force feed DrawCalls from multicore so if you have 4 cores only(no multithread or vishera) then your not going to see much gain same with single GPU systems especially if the game is not DX11. This driver will free up cpu and the cpu should run cooler tho across the board but because the GPU is now being force fed with more draw calls they are going to run hotter. Stop looking at only FPS look how fast you run around and shoot in the game. In almost every game this action will be faster...... In a few games if you have SLI you will see huge gains or games that are cpu limited you will notice more movement freedom that's faster and lower latency. This driver is an OS tweak which is a like a CPU upgrade with a component of GPU forcefeed. So its mostly an OS DX Upgrade/CPU upgrade(a little more than minor) across the board and slight single GPU/DX9-DX11 upgrade and a sizeable SLI/DX11 Upgrade on games that fully utilize that hardware(but mostly in scenes or corners or edges of the map where the fov is not GPU bound or when there are few chars or action on screen or short view distance). This will increase overall framerates because of increases in high frame areas but in long distance low framerate map views it will be a moderate frame bump but the CPU side of things and the animations will be much smoother and the Frames more coherent(more like each frame is a photo with less imperfections that mar it in more cleanly rendered games(games like tribes ascend its never gonna fix those polygonal seams they will always peak through but dx11 mode now gives a much higher framerate than dx9 in tribes ascend I was getting 60 in dx9 and 120 and higher in dx11 with 337.50)) with fewer polygonal seams.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    DDU is only really needed in the following cases:

- Troubleshooting.
    - Brand switch (NVIDIA/AMD).
    - Messed up installation.

If you're gonna install a new Driver all you have to do is uninstall PhysX, followed by the Driver, reboot and install the new one with Clean Install checked.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    ColdFlo, i'm sure the first thing DDU does when you run it is tell you that it has stopped Windows from downloading the default driver.

Never used it myself, only bothering now as a one off since it's "this" driver.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just noticed that geforce experience (at least the one bundled with this driver) slows down the load time of windows photo viewer ... weird. Uninstalling it made it normal again.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Played Diablo 3 and was amazed that most of the Vsync stuttering is gone *hooray*
    Also tried AC4 for 3-4 minutes and it seemed to run a whole lot better. Nice! Looks like I could skip D3DO for this game!

Edit - The stuttering was only gone the first time I launched the game. The second time it was back. Blast!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    No , DDU is a tool for trying to fix problems you may have with the driver or when installing it.

Some computer gurus like to use it every-time to have a system clean with no trace what so ever of earlier driver.

Depends of the type of user you are.

If all is well on your system, nVidia installer "Clean Install" option suffice.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  18. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I never used any of the 3rd party driver cleaners, never had a problem with installing over the top or clean install method.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh, right. Thanks =)

20. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    Nobody plays Civ V anymore?