Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Just tried AssCreed 4, Vsync is borked? or has it been this way since launch?

Constant 58 - 62 fps forced Vsync'ed on or Forced off via control Panel, with major stuttering when turning the camera or moving.

30 - 50 fps - Vsync on via in-game options. Same stutter.

Shader Cache was on for the new drivers and also tried off.

Performance was better with 331.82

EDIT: MSI Afterburner was the problem. Though FPS is still the same as with previous driver.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. Improv

Improv Guest

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    Hi guys. Do I need to upgrade to Windows 8 to see benefits in this driver or can I still use windows 7 and get 100% from the driver. Because Im a little confused. I thought tile resource only direct x 11.2 feature?

3. Andraax

Andraax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 1507/8000
    I think I have found a bug with this driver and Tomb Raider with VSync and Triple Buffer on.

1920x1080 all options maxed out except for AA: 2xSSAA, no TresFX and no DoF.

With my previous driver the bench gives as min fps 45 but with this driver it gives only 30 fps as minimum. I could understand that this driver didn't improve the fps in my system but it's 33% slower :eek3:

If I remember right VSync without triple buffer set the fps in steps: 60, 30, 15 so i'm thinking that the drop in performance is in reality that the triple buffer option in Tomb Rider is not working with the new drivers.

Could anyone test if they can reproduce this behaviour with TR and the new drivers?

4. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    That method looks very involved when you first look at it but after you do it a few times its pretty simple and saves a reboot also much cleaner than just using driver fusion by itself. These new drivers are very fast but im kinda miffed now I cant tweak them some in nvidia inspector. I don't want to ruin them and have to install them again. I've installed and figured out too much for tonight. I didn't foresee the magic drivers causing me to go to another level of driver cleaning and negating nvidia inspector(which was helping out a decent bit in Titanfall. Infact these drivers are almost the same as my Titanfall nvidia inspector sli setup except these are much lower latency. No longer any bullet lag and the frames this driver renders are far more coherent(whole) the image quality and video quality as a whole are far more clear and cohesive and I think tear free........ Need some more time to actually use them but I'm a tweak nut(I know I'm more addicted to tweaking stuff to make it go faster(I have to get that fix before I can actually sit back and enjoy them(mine must be faster!!!)))

Browser tabs and windows pop with less latency as well and like square photograph wholes...

Now I'm Getting that same AFR Glitching in titanfall again with the crazy text blocks. I installed the drivers played a round completely clean. Alt tabbed the game fired up remote desktop alt tabbed back now I'm getting the AFR crazy text block glitches just like in 335.23 when playing with nvidia inspector and forcing AFR. Man these drivers are like brain teasers hard to figure out how they interact. These are definitely beta need some finishing touches to say the least.

Win 8.1 =s GOD all who defy it are merely nerds stuck in a rut hanging onto the past as everything they ever loved slips through their fingertips(but be damned that they wont vote for obama LOL)
    Windows 7 is when windows turned around from the bloatware that was Vista more tailored to a hotkey personalized "user os"
    Win 8 metro is better than startmenu(if they ever get rid of all the bugs and makes allot of ergonomic sense). I wouldnt use it at first because of the elimiation of windows aero chrome(window borders) but that queeny guy incharge of metro was right its bright and distracts the eye casing you flex your brow adding to your stress level while using the os. The muted solid/faded borders blend in more and I noticed very quickly that my face as less tense after 6 hours of use.

Wow what these drivers do for Crysis 3 like 30 extra frames at 2560x1440 with most everything tweaked off except high textures(which is most of the view). Up from 150 to 180 up to 230 near the edges of the map. That is impressive and magic all this work is finally worth it. Titanfall is buggy I think they did add a titanfall profile because now obviously it is using AFR SLI rendering(still buggy).

5. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Win 7 is the new XP, Win 8 is the new Vista, Win 9 will be the next XP.

Thus the circle of life.

Cue the Lion King song.

6. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super

so confused so windows 7 is XP win8 is vista I am sure you said it was windows 9 earlier so windows 9 will be really old like XP looks like I will be staying with windows 8

I am starting to think you don't like windows 8 I might be wrong it would not be the first time .....:)

7. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Enlightenment is only a click away.

8. Improv

Improv Guest

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    do i have to buy windows 8 to see the full benefits of this driver? or is it 100% the same for windows 7.

9. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    For me performance is down in A3, 53% gpu usage on both gpu`s and cpu performance is all over the place which has made A3 really jerky in sp campaign.

10. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    You're mostly going to be GPU limited though with 580's so you're not going to get a huge boost, it will mostly just be the minimum framerates like in Batman AC where you get the most improvement as that is the main time you're going to get a CPU bottleneck slowing them down.

You must have got a boost in AC4's minimum framerates around vegetation and towns, no?

I need to try Crysis 3, that must have got a big boost on the first and Dam level where the CPU throttling absolutely killed framerates.

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I tested a known choke point. With the old drivers, standing outside Dragonsreach above the stairs and looking down at the tree I was getting ~55FPS. With the new drivers, I get ~62FPS there.

(Remember to temporarily force vsync to off in the NVCP in order to test.)

Edit: This is with an i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz and a GTX780.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So far i havn't had a Black Screen during Windows Login with this Driver. But i'm not sure if it's the Driver that has been fixed.

I recently swapped my motherboard from a Gigabyte Z87X-OC to a Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H (for a future upgrade). And i went from C1 to C2 Stepping by doing that.

So i'm not sure if that could play a role aswell.

Then again, sometimes the Black Screen occured after a week or longer. So let's say i need 4 weeks to see if it's gone.

13. Hansel Hardcore

Hansel Hardcore Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 1080ti
    Hitman Absolution- 1080p Ultra 8xMSAA-

Min- 68.09fps
    Max- 149.80fps
    Avg- 87.08fps

I didn't bench it with the older drivers, but remember it playing a bit crap, and dipping down to 45-50fps, now it's awesome!

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    ACIV does not support triple buffering. If you you force vsync from the driver or in game your framerate will halve if you can not maintain 60 fps. On top of that the game is capped at 62,5 or so fps. At first I was wondering why the performance was crap. My framerate was always halved because it never reached 75. Forcing tp and vsync with RP or d3doverrider fixed that.

15. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    Best Game Developer out there? .................. Crytek!
    It's games lag naturally - means the games HAVE AWESOME GRAPHICS and EFFECTS. UNLIKE others whose games LAG BECAUSE OF POOR PORTING.... Cevat Yerli, CEO of CryTEK
    Says "Consoles can never match PCs for graphics...."

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Post your settings please.

17. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    I am also confused, but i think that everthing that supports Dx11 will work with this new feature.

So if a OS supports Dx11 and your video card also you can benefit from this feature.

On the OS side tiled resoures is only part of Dx11.2 for win 8.1, but Nvidia only used tiled resources to work with their drivers.

Nvidia took tiled resources out of Dx11.2 and implemented it in their drivers to work with all Dx11.0 OS and video cards.

18. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    If thats true I'd had stayed with W7 it rocks!

19. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    Really? Then I should have been staying with W7

20. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    If win 7 supports Dx11 then yes.

But there is noting wrong with win 8.1, just boot in the old desktop and u dont see any differences and today MS has a update to get the old start button back its just win7 but then better. and faster with SSD's.