Logitech Releases Logitech G Tunable Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Logitech has a new offering foir you today, it their all new Logitech G mouse, the Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse. This extremely customizable mouse combines the world's first 12,000...

Logitech Releases Logitech G Tunable Gaming Mouse

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It looks nice, but i hope it feels nice in your hand aswell. Since it looks a bit "cyborgish".

My current G500 is nearly 5 years old and still works/looks brand new, apart from minor wear on the feet. (using a Razer Sphex mouse pad)

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i really hate their software

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ever since they merged SetPoint with the Keyboard Profiler it only gotten better.

I don't see how anyone could make it better. It works brilliant.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Optical sensor?

6. iZomBaDi

iZomBaDi Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan X no oc
    At least you guys are catered for. I am a lefty and we are ignored by this company.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    At 12,000DPI I doubt it, which means I'll never own one.

Laser isn't worth it. Single piece of hair on the sensor throws the mouse into a crazy frenzy. The Kone XTD is the only laser mouse I enjoyed using but it still isn't worth it.

I've been using a G400s for a few months now, comfy and performs well.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well the software that came with my deathadder is much better.

logitech software gives so many various results (sensitivity wise) in many games its ridiculous. unfortunately i still need to have it installed for my g15. also there are bugs in logitech software which never got fixed. F.E.A.R. with the logitech software installed causes input problems for instance.

9. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    These "Borg" mice look cool but I bet they are a bear to keep clean. I wish they would stop making them with as many angles as possible just for looks. "Form and function" should be their mantra.

10. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    I really like the newer software as well. I really love being able to drag commands back and forth between the mouse and keyboard In Bioshock Infinite I used that to set a macro key on my G13 to act as the right mouse click so that I could bind the ADS key to the right click like a proper shooter.

I reported a problem I ran into with their software on the logitech forum and saw that they fixed it in the very next set of release notes.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I've never had this happen in the 5+ years I've used them.

I'll never use anything but laser ever again.

12. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    For me G400 with ceramic feet (from other mouse) is simply perfect, pixel precise, no acceleration, and I have tried several laser mouse and are no match for G400 optical sensor. and I don't use any software just a registry tweak.

Maybe this laser sensor makes what they have been promising for almost 10 years.

13. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    All laser mice are pretty bad due to their inherent acceleration. There's only a handfull of mice even worth owning (perfect tracking / no acceleration) if you're a gamer.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    All of these complains about laser mice, but they have been flawless for me, no tracking issues ever.

I've always used Logitech Gaming mice, never had a reason to switch. I always throw the polling rate to 1000 in the gaming software and it's smooth as butter.

I'm on a G9x until this goes on sale.

15. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    There is issues with acceleration in laser mice, you just dont notice it. For someone like me, who went from MX518 to G500, I found that mouse nearly unusable, so I bought a G400 to replace the G500.

16. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    This is what the G602 should be.........now, please, remove the cable ASAP

17. semantics

semantics Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Good luck living with perfect tracking that requires you to use a proper non-reflective opaque surface that is regularly cleaned for your optical mouse. That optical mouse which only has one proper dpi set up that results is flawless movement, which is undoubtedly too god damn low for anyone with limited desk space or anyone with larger resolution screens. I'm sure your perfect tracking will be untouched by properly programed games that require day 1 patches due to bugs and server instability.

I'll keep to my surface indiscriminate laser mouse with logitech's hyperwheel(best damn thing for surfing the web). A mouse that i can bump up to 3200dpi for my 4k monitor. Acceleration is only bad if it's pure random if it's predictable acceleration people can very much live with that. How the hell do you think people play games on console. Laser mice acceleration is predictable. Now it isn't perfectly predictable but it's close enough for all but the most obsessed people who drop two grand on a computer only to play everything on the lowest setting.

18. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If you tried Razer Synapse, you'd be glorifying Logitech, building altars for them and naming children after their products.

It hangs the cursor for my Mamba so often, that I almost smashed the **** out of it. Killing Synapse app helps a lot, but still there's a chance it'll hang, and would require unplugging and plugging again.

19. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    Just because Synapse is more **** doesn't mean that Logitech's isn't also ****.

20. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Lots of valid points, and lots of strawman arguments too. Laser mice are claimed to have random acceleration, not predictable. I'm on a laser mouse now and I'm fine, but next mouse will be the G400s.