Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    He has a point. A valid one at that.

Though I've made a separate thread to keep this one clean and just about performance.

Here's the link if you're interested:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4796762#post4796762

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    ok nice thinking, Juggs.

3. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    I'm curious about the Skyrim improvements, but I will wait for the official WHQL version.

I'm glad performance is a focal point now. Mantle gains has benefited us NVidia holders as well.

Thanks AMD! :cheers:

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i'm of the opinion win8.1 + 337.50 = optimal experience.
    though ever since i started using 8.1 I been pretty much full onboard.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, wouldnt mind changing to 8.1.

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    my friend's waiting for 9, don't get me started :p

7. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    My Win 7 install is solid as a rock and just don't want to disrupt the flow.

I have a Win 8 key & might go 8 if my 7 install nukes itself.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i'd just zero the drive and start anew haha
    337.50 plus your bitchin system for sure.

9. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Ever since installing these drivers, my screen just freezes every few minutes and I have to hard re-boot. Even just web browsing the mouse freezes and I can not even ctrl-alt-del.. I have to reset the pc.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Why ?

11. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    I think with the new drivers TitanFall no longer has lag with double buffered(before I screwed up my newly installed 337.50 with nvidia inspector profiles I had developed for 335.23(great now I bet all my profiles have to be redone I notice the same thing in csgo even after defaulting in nvidia inspector its still broken because i can see the afr glitches that i tested in titanfall on 335.23 but on the clean install these werent there great have to reinstall again been reinstalling these hell drivers for like 6 hours.......). I think I was getting 7 more frames too at 2560x1440 with 780 SLI. Thing is I think nvidia inspector breaks it. The reason I was getting low frames(tho I did uninstall and stop windows from installing default drivers to get an ultra clean 337.50 in there probably for no reason.......) is because I put my old 335.23 nvidia inspector sli profile in there SFR(split frame rendering) csgo sli compatibility bits. This is horrible on the new drivers cuts the fps down to 40 max and dips as low as 13 fps 17fps in close quarters fighting(when u need the frames).
    Its Windows 8.1.1 now you guys are behind.

METHOD FOR ULTRA CLEAN DRIVER INSTALLATION(ALSO REDUCES REBOOTS)
    Driver Fusion(just regular dont need pro) the Nvidia Drivers and Physx Drivers with Driver Fusion do not reboot.
    Win Key + X(Win8) or Win Key + pause/break key(Win8/7) + Click Device Manager go to Display Adapters Uninstall all Card/Adapter drivers(click checkbox to delete driver software).
    Type Win Key + r gpedit.msc enter.
    Administrative Templates
    System
    Device Installation
    Device Installation Restrictions
    Prevent Installation of devices not described by other policy settings
    Set to Enabled
    Reboot- This sequence will prevent Windows from installing another default whql driver in its place automatically ensuring the driver is completely uninstalled upon reboot and nothing put in its place.
    I always install modified inf drivers and so I always have testmode enabled you can search how to do these things if you dont know how.
    start the driver install from your extracted setup.exe
    custom installation
    I uncheck all audio and stereo drivers.
    When the redbox pops up to install the unsigned driver go back to gpedit.msc and edit the Prevent Installation of devices not described by other policy settings to Disabled then apply then immediately click to install the unsigned driver(this gives windows no time to install the driver itself many times it will react very quickly so be fast about heading it off at the pass so to speak)(after several trials the proper method for fast clean action and first time success is to go ahead and click the disabled radio button(the dot in the circle checkbox) then quickly press apply and then as fast as you can get the mouse to install unsigned driver button)
    Your drivers will now install completely free and clear or any other dlls to interfere and you will be done the driver will be full installed with no need to reboot afterwords.
    Set the driver install block poilcy back to not configured and close out gpedit.msc.
    Time to game do not use nvidia inspector or use at your own risk will break these drivers and default nvidia inspector settings will not necessarily give you the original defaults of these drivers back making it impossible to restore them without another install.(I think its ok to use Borderlands 2 AFR nvidia inspector sli profile)

LOL I just tried this method again and the auto install was so fast that the first card was installed 337.50 and the second as 335.23 it then logged me out of my windows session and I had to log back in while it continued to install stereo drivers I had unchecked in my 337.50 install from the 335.23 auto install thus when I checked driver versions in Device manager one was 337.50 and the other 335.23 after it finished installing(I realized this because it would not let me redo the install(told me install wizard was still open wait till it closed) that ended when it closed my windows session and forced me to log back in). This left me with an strange nvidia control panel with only stereo options in the option tree. Now I have to do it over again be quick to click install unsigned driver from the big red box quickly after you disable the policy to block driver installs.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  12. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Hi Cyris, I uninstalled Hyper-V (as the Event Viewer stated it was a software problem) and it worked!

Code 43 gone, driver running ok.

Thanks for the heads up.

Note that "Intel Virtualization Technology" is still enabled in BIOS, so it appears to not be a hardware issue.

13. thefunkyone

thefunkyone Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI Geforce 670 SLI
    Windows 9 with directX 12 FTW :D

14. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    I only have Skyrim installed and that is running flawless at the moment.

I like to be on the side of caution, just in case this wizard driver melts down my 780 & gobbles up my baby panda.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    windows 8.1 /unreal engine 4 /three weeks time. :p

16. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    Windows 9, the real Windows 8.

17. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super

So windows 9 is windows 8 cool I have windows 8 I have the best I new it it's just so much better than 7

18. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    I give up with getting arma2 & 3 to utilise my system.

Even with 337 its the same.

Never mind.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Benches run 3 times.

Batman AO: Ultra - Physx: High - 4xAA - 1440p Downsampled

331.82 -------337.50

Min: 43 ______ Min: 47
    Max: 74 ______Max: 74
    Avg: 58 ______Avg: 58
    --------

Metro LL - Ultra - SSAO: Off - 1080p - Physx: High - Tess: High

Min: 52 ______Min: 52
    Max: 92 ______Max: 100
    Avg: 58 ______Avg: 55

'Ashes' from start of level to clearing the monster ambush, outside.
    ---------

Thief

Min: 32 ______Min: 35
    Max: 75 ______Max: 79
    Avg: 54 ______Avg: 55
    -----------------------
    Shader Cache was on for the new drivers.

Meh at my end.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  20. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti

You ever thought of using system image software before installinggpu drivers? Just roll back to golden image and install new GPU driver instead of trying to cleanup.

Use windows system image(shadow copy).

Much better mate.