Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Guy.J.

Guy.J. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    New (I think?) option has appeared in inspector, called "Memory Allocation Policy". Google found nothing. Anyone know what it is?

2. clexzor

clexzor Guest

GPU:
    I've been playing since early access on ESO NA with 2 gtx 770's sli and a 4770k @ 4.7ghz with 8gb 2400mhz on an ssd delided with loop.

2560x1440 @ 100hz

I downloaded these drivers this morning to see if I got any increase so I put my guy in a some what heavily populated area with lots of shadows and effect going on with settings on all High with sweetfx enabled and ambient occlusion on with all other effects on and a lod of 90 of 100

previous drivers : SLI enabled 80-90 fps average occasional dips into the 70's

beta 337.50 : SLI enabled 90-100 fps average - occasional dips into the 80's game maxes at 100 fps btw

So nice little bump since it wasn't stated in the drive info unless I missed it..
    :) :bounce:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  3. pjn

pjn Guest

GPU:
    Titan Z Black

toc and bin files are the shader disk cache, so it looks like it's working :) Try running a dx10 app you haven't before and checking back, you should see just created .bin and .toc files.

Not sure about the Heaven Bench crash, Manuel G will probably have to look into it.

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The BF3 stutter is back with these drivers, yuck!

BF4 appears to be fine though...

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Ok, yep. Ran Saints Row 4, went from 16 files to 21. While I have your ear, at what point will it decide the drive is too full? And how does it decide which files to delete over time?

6. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    Even with an old 2007 gpu and relative weak cpu the driver feels better and more smooth to me than the latest others (quadro, whql).

7. pjn

pjn Guest

GPU:
    Titan Z Black
    128MB cap on toc and bin files (so 256MB total, but in reality it will be much lower than that). Starts garbage collection if it hits the cap, most recently used apps take priority. So caches belonging to games not played in awhile will be cleaned up, if disk space ever becomes an issue.

8. CiroConsentino

CiroConsentino Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2080 AMP!
    I was unlucky with this driver. NO performance difference in any game, except Metro Last Light (very small increase... 3 fps in general).
    I was using driver v331.82 with PhysX version from driver v310.90 (installing newer PhysX drivers makes all games dog slow...).

Core I7 2600 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GeForce GTX 570HD with 2.5GB of VRAM, Windows 7 SP1 64-bits
    Not a single improvement for Thief 2014 either :(

And the new "Shader Cache" feature didn't improve anything on any game except that it loads Metro Last Light a tiny bit wee faster. And I tried to restart a few games 3 times to check if they would load faster/have faster framerates. No dice! :(

I guess I'm going back to driver v331.82 or at least disable the shader cache feature, which is useless on my system.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    This cache wouldn't impact performance though no? Just the initial loading of shaders?

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes feels better than any quadro I used, even desktop feels better like I mentioned earlier.
    not got the quadro iq though. no sir.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I just tested Heaven 4.0 in windowed mode and now its at 11.5mb, added extra 8mb bin file from Heaven bench, :)

[​IMG]
    [Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/PC7XfRK.jpg)

And its working ok here in windowed mode dx11, tess- extreme, with OC'ed gpu.

Was gonna re-ran x3tc, not sure if i used stock or oc when i got 170fps by 335.23 vs 167fps now..

Edit: yep i used OC, now I got avg 170fps again, false alarm, no negative impact by X3tc..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  12. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Working well on my main rig, breaking SLI on my secondary rig. That system is a bit exotic. Intel Xeon on C600 chipset and my two old GTX460. Need to use HyperSLI to get SLI to work on that. Breaks with the new driver.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I haven't noticed any major performance improvements here myself with these drivers on a GTX 780 and Windows 8.1. And why is GeForce Experience 2.0 stuck in a permanent "Checking for updates" loop to the extent that I cannot access anything in the app at all?

14. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    CalinTM your system is almost my system lol
    I use i7 3770K and an MSI Lightning GTX680
    I sent you a friend request sometime ago, did you see that ? if yes, that's fine
    Did you try BF4 on your system and with this beta ?

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    im noticing a number of i7 users reporting no major gains.

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Alright, a quarter of my ram drive is nothing to worry about.

Also, is this the feature that is giving these performance bumps in DX11? Or, is it this feature that allows NVidia to say this driver also helps in DX9/10 (like Skyrim in the release notes, which oddly enough was a game that did not show up in NVidia's benches).

17. Xyklone

Xyklone Guest

GPU:
    MSI 780ti
    Moving ShaderCache to Ramdisk

Is it worth it at all to move the shadercache (or the hol temp folder for that matter) to a ramdisk? I have 16 gigs of ram and am worried that the shadercache and temp folder are making unnecessary reads and writes to my SSD.

To stay on topic, awesome driver set so far.

18. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well, if you have an monster CPU teh Gain should be less, shouldnt?

what i see is a good perf. plus on systems with lower end CPU´s..

19. CiroConsentino

CiroConsentino Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2080 AMP!
    less gain, ok but... no gain at all ? For me, Metro Last Light improved a little bit but that won't make a difference when gaming: 3 fps increase is meaningless if game doesn't stay above or equal 30 fps.

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone knows how many samples is in AC4, in HBAO+ low and high ? On low 16 samples and on high 32 ?