Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

Are you sure about that? That folder exist where both you and Tj said it would be. Thing is, I already have my temp folder on a 1GB ram drive. I guess I just have to hope this thing does not grow larger then that.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Quadro or it didn't happen.

3. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Very nice drivers for black flag

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @BetA
    Ah right :D

Hm mine is working ok, just checked nvinspector and its enabled as well. But I did test on/off first for nvcpl stability.

maybe its win7 thing?

Speaking of this driver, Starswarm got only 2fps boost vs 335.23, although now im 100% gpu limited, before by those 1-2threaded scenarios it use to drop to 80-90%..

Hitman Absolution still cant believe how cpu limited the code was @ Ultra level detail..

Before always 60-62fps now min 82fps, and avg 77fps now 99fps., at lower reso though for testing :nerd:

5. pjn

pjn Guest

GPU:
    Titan Z Black
    It'll garbage collect itself when it grows to a certain size, to keep disk usage as small as possible.

Also will turn itself off if free space on disk runs low.

6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    yes i am..
    the Compute Chache folder is created in c:/temp for whatever reason..at least on my PC..

the new ShaderCache thing Normaly gets created in C:/users/blabla/appdata/local

there it was for me, then i changed my system path´s so the Temp Folder is on C:/Temp...

I bet when -Tj- is looking in appdata nvidia he will see those files from teh shaderCache..

greetz

That indeed is my Question, hehe..

Does this chache have a Limited size or does it grow till the Drive is full...

ANd sounds like an good idea to move my Temp folder also somewhere faster..

7. GregJA

GregJA Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 TI
    People actually getting a large ESO boost?

I tested ESO, BF4, Titanfall, sadly all had no increase in fps at all

8. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Tried two games with this driver so far. Mechwarrior Online still has terrible performance and Titanfall still performs bad as well. About to try ESO and see if there are any changes with that.

Could be due to me being on Win7 though and not getting that Win8 tiled resources stuff.

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    minimum frames remember, minimum. :D

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Ok, I believe you. Though I don't see anything NVidia related in my user temp folder. Hm. Maybe it's not working?
    And mr developer man said it cleans itself and stops if the drive is getting full.

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the folder isn't hidden?

12. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Nothing is hidden.

13. pjn

pjn Guest

GPU:
    Titan Z Black
    What's your TEMP environment variable? How much free space is on that drive?

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    who´s? mine?

[​IMG]

------

As for some testing.... :)

in BF4 i have a good improvement..Min fps are way better, CPU usage went down a bit, GPU usage went up.
    Before GPU Usage: around 60 - 70%
    337.50 GPU Usage: around 75 - 98%

it feels and plays way smoother..
    Not shure if this is all done by the ShaderCache Option, but it works.. SCRATCH THAT. ShaderCatch makes loading times better..teh rest is teh dx11 optimization i think..?!?!?!

i locked my FPS to 66 in BF4 so i cant tell good numbers now, BUT, my drops to 50 or even 30 fps are totally gone.. got stable 60 - 66 fps now, even with explosions..

gonna remove teh FPS lock now, to see the Max. FPS and stuff..

im really suprised a bit.. at least for BF4 it makes a big Diff...Didnt test any other games atm..

Also dat smoothnes..i was complaing the last days about the sluggish feeling ingame..Now its gone..its way more accurate and smoother fo rme..

I think people with an older setup will notice it also..Just like me with an Q9550 CPU and ddr2 rams..The CPU overhead thingy works.. like i sayd teh CPU usage went down a bit and teh gpu usage rised..

For people with older setups and mid:high end GFX cards, this Driver does indeed work.. period..

at least for BF4 Multiplayer. i didnt test more games yet, besides a cryengine 3 game(Lichdom Battlemage)..and tehre is not much gain (besides better min fps and about 6fps more in teh max..), since the engine is more GPU Bound..
    in CPU intense games u will see a difference..just to clear that up...from my experience now..

on a site note..
    MPC HC with MADVR and all bling bling shader stuff., NNEDI3 and such, all WORK PERFECTLY..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  15. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    No difference with ESO for me either.

16. pjn

pjn Guest

GPU:
    Titan Z Black
    Cyberdyne's TEMP environment variable and free disk space. I think it might be turning itself off due to free disk space, or the cache was relocated to wherever TEMP is pointing.

BF4 really pushes compilation activity during runtime, so all the CPU overhead reduction effort would help out there, depending on your configuration/platform.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah I have that nv cache in other temp folder, I guess it should automatically use RAMdrive if you pinpoint this temp folder to it, etc

atm its using 3.5mb or so

[​IMG]

Small correction,
    Level detail @ ultra controls crowd density, not reflections :)

That crowd is also vertex shader depended, kinda like this by 3dmark2003
    [​IMG]

I think its mostly index and vertex buffers that made this magic :nerd:

EDIT: sucks that X3TC didnt benefit from it, I mean it has a special vertexsize option off 40, on 64bytes

with vertexsize 64bytes it ran smooth, no hickups by "Trade" scene, but fps stayed the same,..
    Ah well you cant have them all xD

18. janne907

janne907 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Well, i tried enabling Intel Virtualization Technology and it crashed this again. This will force me to go back to previous driver because Wp8 emulator need hyperV. Let's hope that NVIDIA fix this soon..

19. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    OMG can't believe this !!!!!

I have solid 60fps in AC4 (HBAO+ low) in those islands where is vegetation !!!

Now i will finally play and finish AC4, look at this, its magic !!!

Seems i will finish the game on my 680, and not waiting for a nvidia maxwell !!

Hoping in the WHQL driver more improvements !!

http://postimg.org/image/bk71nwmt1/full/

:banana::banana:

In the past god solid 60fps in towns, but only on those remote islands the fps got nuked down....even to 47 fps, from 60...

20. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    http://i.imgur.com/ZmMvzBB.png
    The temp folder on my ram drive is the only one with NV_Cache folder, which is about 20mb and contains toc and bin files. But that is computecache?
    Thanks for the help.

EDIT: also Heaven Bench refuses to run right. A few minutes in the driver crashes and recovers. Maybe because it's in a window? idk