MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19(2014-3-27)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Layarion

Layarion Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2GB GTX 770
    nvm it didnt work.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    overclock doesn't stick when restarting comp.
    using ln2 bios and I've tried every setting in afterburner.
    it does give me 1.3v however and strangely OCs my core by 200 and the vram by 300 all on it's own. (it boosts to 1333mhz)
    weird but pretty cool I guess :p

edit: fan profile only sticks after you start a 3d app then shut it down.

edit2: using AB and precision has sorted my issues.
    system now starts up with OC, 1.3v and my fan profile enabled.

edit3 got it sorted now just using AB, dunno how ..I guess precision x must've somehow helped.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  3. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Is anyone getting desktop screen flickering and artifacts when overclocking using this beta ?. I get horrible flickering in desktop and its fine under load. My card is in the specs.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There are zero changes in anything related to overclocking in this beta.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Everything is fine this end

Running 13.12 WHQL

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Well, those who flamed about stupid expiring betas can be happy: you achieved what you wanted, well done. MSI want to release final 3.0.0 right now which means that I can safely freeze/cancel any new features development, because we treat current build as 100% feature rich. We’ll add only R9 295X2 support to 3.0.0 beta 19 then release it as final 3.0.0 build in closest weeks. Also we’ll try to leave without any public betas (and so without any major feature improvements) for some period of time, so similar to any other vendor overclocking software new AB versions won’t give you anything besides new GPUs support.

7. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    So sad to hear that a few trolling_whiners/mor*ns have succeeded over many of us who deeply appreciate your hard work and constant and selfless improvement eager.

I think no one really "wins" here (even the usual stup*ds), we all lose, as your awesome piece of software which will improve at slower pace.

But, having said that, it has to be REALLY upseting being you and have to stand out with all the bullsh*t is permanently said about your product, multiplied every time you release a new beta/feature.

Regards and as always, thanks indeed for your dedication and awesome feature rich app.

8. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    100% agree.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You could always do private beta testing, only allowing a select few to participate. But it sucks to hear that you've decided to go this route.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I agree always liked using the beta's but at least there will be a final release for those who can't deal with the updating.

11. Megalodon

Megalodon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 555M 3GB
    Can we do anything to help MSI change their minds? Maybe email customer reps or something?

This is not to say that we preemptively do anything undesirable. Just want to know if we can be of any help.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well done everyone who complained, I hope you're proud of yourselves

MSI AB Development thread / beta release thread should be locked down to a part of the forum that whining newbies can not access

That way the people who caused this problem are the ones to suffer, not the rest of us who appreciate everything Unwinder has done for us for years

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the naming scheme is way too close to amd driver naming for my liking, bring on the final edition already.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Yeah that sucks^ bitchin bitches they are the worst

15. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    ummmm ???? go stick head back in sand?

...you kinda floored me with that one -.-"

That was a rather embarrassing debacle on the whole. Sad to see it head the way it is too, the world does not need to be lead by the lowest examples of "spout Loud for what You wants" leading to open sharing types feeling the need to clam up.

Someone like Unwinder being here and sharing his early work is a matter of great respect being shared and also expected in return.
    (more people should not be too lazy to read threads even enough to get the general gist of what is going on before posting in them)

I hope MSI hold up their side of things honorably and make sure Unwinder is happy with that side of things after which hopefully he can relax back into the flow of what I believe he enjoys and loves - even to share with us, his progress, who can bounce back constructive feedback for all his Extra hard work he pours into his passion!

Most of us here Really Do appreciate what you have been doing, many of us are also programmers/developers too ofc, and hope you choose to continue sharing your time here with us <3

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    don't get me wrong afterburner = no.1 tool for GPUs, Unwinder does amazing work and is well appreciated.
    I was just chatting with you gurus is all.
    one of the reasons I dig MSI is cause of AB.

17. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Seems to be slightly incompatible with the new Nvidia 337.50 betas. Clockspeed on the two 660ti is being read out wrongly.

18. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Sorry to hear that Alex, stupid whiners have won this time. :bang:

MSI AB Beta releases are probably the only piece of software (besides Wagnard DDU) I love to change when new Beta arrives, OK and sometimes (not always) newer Beta versions of GeForce and Radeon drivers on my gaming rigs. But after all these whining kids here on Guru3D and other forums who were crying for final MSI AB all of us who were mostly using AB Beta's because of new features we are all stucked with just only new GPU support, few bugs corrections here and there in new AB versions and that's all, like users of EVGA, Asus and other RivaTuner based GPU OC programs.

In near future you should definitely consider about some closed Beta testing for new MSI AB releases so that you can keep up with your good work with peace. Here on Guru3D anyone can post anything about MSI AB, some of them were just registered on Guru3D and they think they have a legal rights to whine at you about Beta expiring date few minutes after joining Guru3D forum.

At least you can relax for some time, you can't win all battles, also I know situation there where you are settled is far from relaxed, my uncle lives not far away from you. Spend some time with your family, they know how to appreciate your time, and most of us reasonable ones here od Guru3D. Take care of you and your closest...

19. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    nvidia codec recording crashes with last 337.50 drivers
    or its record black screen

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  20. octiceps

octiceps Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI