Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    tbh I expected him to be banned by now the mods must be on holliday

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    [​IMG]

Being poor or unable to own a decent rig for whatever reason doesn't give anyone the right to insult people like that..

That's a really bad combination, especially when someone is being disrespectful among other things.

That was totally unnecessary and I always enjoy seeing new and contributing members and I welcome them, but imho attitudes like that
    don't go well here or anywhere for that matter.

Enjoy your stay. I doubt it will last long... :thumbup:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Look you are the one complaining about performance , so if you did have better card this whole question would be moot .
    All I was saying is don't expect miracles with these new driver .
    Will 10% make you happy that is best you can hope for i bet with single card ,except for few titles .

We will see tomorrow how it pans out .

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    how the hell this thread became a who has a better GPU war??? guys FEEDBACK THE DRIVER.

He got gt 640 SO WHAT? he is happy with what he have, nothing else matters.

I hope BF4 will get a boost, they don't mentioned it but it could be ninja buff :D

5. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
  6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Agree , MP BF4 will be good test for lower CPU utilization optimizations in the driver .

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Then stop.

8. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    On this dutch site they talk about that only dx11.2 cards will support tiled-resources in the driver from tomorrow.

how many Nvidia cards support Dx11.2?

http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/39460/qwonderdriverq-van-nvidia-met-tiled-resources-komt-morgen?utm_source=rss-all&utm_medium=rssfeed&utm_campaign=hardwareinfo

I am confused now what does this driver from nvidia bring us tomorrow will it bring tiled resources or CPU overhead lowering driver or are those 2 the same things????????

Update:

So All kepler(GK)+win 8.1=Tiled resouces Dx11.2

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    No, DX11.2 work on nvidia. dx11.1 as well, nvidia removed some extensions that does nothing for gaming. they do it on software level, as BF4 the only dx11.1 game it seems to be good.

I really hope this driver is awesome as they make it to be, nvidia is the only one who can deliver high end driver :D

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I know the driver tomorrow gonna be awesome, nvidia made lot of noise about it, they wouldn't release it as just another "driver". i guess we gonna be the ultimate passengers tommorow

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yawn, just read 4 pages of bs..

Why dont you all call your facts tomorrow in the afternoon, ok?

12. exdhawk

exdhawk Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3
    maybe my cpu bottleneck reduce slightly in bf4.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    AFAIK they support DX11.2 software side fully just hardware side they don't. I have no idea what they don't support but it does not seem to be much of a difference.

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    There's so much bullsheit in this thread that it would be better to swipe this whole thread clean.

Apparently some have not heard Direct3D feature levels...

15. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    If anyone is interested, tomorrow we will see three new drivers. GRID 335.35, Geforce 337.50 and Linux 337.12 (dated 7th April)

New in GRID 335.35 driver.

API Support:

New in Linux 337.10 driver.

Added support for the following GPUs:
    • GeForce 830M
    • GeForce 840M
    • GeForce 845M
    • GeForce GTX 850M
    • GeForce GTX 860M
    • GeForce GTX 870M
    • GeForce GTX 880M
    • GeForce GT 705
    • GeForce GT 720
    Release Highlights
    • Added the ability to over- and under-clock certain GeForce GPUs in the GeForce GTX 400 series and later. For GPUs that allow it, an offset can be applied to clock values in some clock domains of some performance levels. This clock manipulation is done at the user's own risk. See the README documentation of the "CoolBits" X configuration option for more details.
    • Updated the minimum required version of GTK+ from 2.2 to 2.4 for nvidia-settings.
    • Renamed the RandR output property _GUID to GUID now that it is an official property documented in randrproto.txt:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/pr.../?id=19fc4c5a72eb9919d720ad66734029d9f8e313b1

• Reduced CPU utilization and GPU memory utilization of the NVIDIA EGL driver.
    • Added support for the following EGL extensions:
    • EGL_EXT_buffer_age;
    • EGL_EXT_client_extensions;
    • EGL_EXT_platform_base;
    • EGL_EXT_platform_x11.
    • Renamed the "Clone" setting of the "MetaModeOrientation" X configuration option to "SamePositionAs", to make clear that this setting applies to the position only, and not to the resolution of modes in the MetaMode.
    • Added NV-CONTROL attribute NV_CTRL_VIDEO_ENCODER_UTILIZATION to query utilization percentage of the video encoder engine.
    • Added support for the GLX_NV_delay_before_swap extension. For more details, see the extension specification:

http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/NV/glx_delay_before_swap.txt
    • Report correct buffer sizes for RGB GLX visuals, GLXFBConfigs, and EGLConfigs. Previously, RGB10 and RGB8 formats were reported as having 32 bits, and RGB5 formats were reported as having 16 bits. Now they are correctly reported as 30, 24, and 15 bit formats respectively as required by the GLX and EGL specifications.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014

16. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    This is how it workes.

Within win 8.1 we have Dx11.2, now nvidia take's 1 part out of Dx11.2 the tiled resources and let all the cards that run on Dx11.0 make use of this feature.

http://mygaming.co.za/news/pc/55784-directx-11-2-what-it-does-for-you.html

Tiled resources is a HSA technology, simply put. DirectX 11.2 can now use system memory in place of graphics memory to create more detailed visuals on graphics cards that may not have a lot of memory to begin with. So for instance instead of using the page file on your hard drive or SSD, the tiled resources makes a pageable address space in your system RAM that the graphics card can use to store higher-resolution textures.

If you run over your frame buffer on your 1GB graphics card, for instance, you can have the extra textures put into system memory instead. The difference here in comparison to the HSA technology AMD’s been working on is that this works with Intel integrated and Nvidia discrete graphics. It is a software solution and would require a driver re-write to take advantage of the feature. One drawback to this is that it’s not addressable by the CPU, so it’s not like AMD’s hUMA technology in this regard.

How many ram will be used?????

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  17. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Lol I know.. But middle earth New Zealand is and it's Monday morning here and no magical driver...

18. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Now its the 7th in Sweden! :)

19. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080

^
    this

lolloll

20. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Windows already allocates a portion of your RAM for your video card.
    [​IMG]
    What you describe Toncey is already what happens. When you start using resolutions and AA or whatever pushes your VRAM usage to its limit, you start to slow down because it needs to use system RAM.
    Which also answers your second question, VRAM is much faster. It becomes a problem when you start to use your RAM in place of it.

What BadDriver explains is exclusively for textures.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014