AMD Catalyst 14.3 Beta 1.0 (13.350.1005 March 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stasio, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ Yea doing so great that not one of their Mantle drivers is usable

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Any particular reason you need a driver today?
    Only problem I've had with the Mantle beta drivers is the random BSoD due to hardware-accelerated video decoding (flash/HTML5 in Chrome; only on my 7850 and not my 7660G+7670M laptop); and that's easily fixable by simply disabling it.

Aside from that though, the recent beta drivers have all worked for me about as fine as any other driver.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea bluescreen to me = unusable driver

I was getting them even with H/W disabled in flash player - random too, not every video did it, but I could tell when it was about to crash, load video, takes about 3 seconds longer than usual to finish loading the player window, then BSOD

4. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Yeah!!, I want to play bf4 in mantle (I have been waiting for that like 4 months)...its not that "easily" fixable...

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah, was done in quiet mode wasn't it, and wasn't it throttling like a bugger, so was running lower clocks.

6. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Battlefield 4 Update is available on Origin. It was released Today.
    It brings Mantle fixes. Now for me the game is playable in Mantle, there are still some weard spikes, but it's better then it was before. Only one patch left for battlefield + AMD drivers and then Mantle will be fully working. Till then DirectX is little better then Mantle in BF4. Next in line is Thief :)

7. WolfPT

WolfPT Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 GAMING X
    Well, my Mantle perfomance plummeted with all the gpu spikes. No, I'm not bottlenecked, my CPU cores never reach 100%.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Still using 13.12 WHQLs here, as seem to be the best drivers for the 290s so far, running great, the WHQLs will just be the 14.1s certified, and they were poor for me, so waiting for the next one.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  9. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    I dont think that will be the same, as the 13.11 beta 9.4 was older from 13.12 whql.

10. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1

Yep, already tested this morning...still running like crap for me :wanker:...but I have to say that now I dont have such a big stuttering...instead of that now I have a constant but less strong stutter behaviour...anyway still being completelly unplayable. DX11 works quite well also...

Btw AMD hasnt said a single word about 7xxx and r9 series performance fixes, even after the release of the drivers which should have brought it...soooo tired of these guys...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014

11. iriseyoufall

iriseyoufall Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X 3GB
    Went back to 13.12 WHQL-driver. The beta driver did not cause bluescreens or lockups for me, but had a other annoying issue. Especially on 2D applications. In Firefox for example or Powerdvd 13 ultra. Some screen aliasing / colored stripe for a milisecond. Especially when scrolling in Firefox. It happened random. Did report this to AMD by their official forum. Went back now to 13.12 and that solved it. So it is definitely the beta-driver. Also did find multiple of forum-posts of people that report the same problems. Especially with Firefox/Chrome in combination with Flash, 2D-applications.

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

And you're sure whatever problems with BF4 and Mantle isn't DICE/EA's fault directly due to poor coding?

I've had no stuttering with Thief and Star Swarm on my 7850. I haven't tried BF4 yet, but if I had stuttering... I probably wouldn't blame AMD first.

Now if DICE/EA came out and said that a driver update would fix whatever problem(s) with Mantle and BF4, then I can understand needing a driver (although it strikes me as suspicious as to why they can't just fix their own game). But as it stands now, I'm betting DICE/EA is the blame.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  13. finger snow

finger snow Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7950 (1180/1550 )
    After Update Mantle work good for me , With DX my average is killed and i have stutter ( a bit ) !
    Mantle run smooth no drops and better average i think 25/35% better with mantle ( for me ) . i Cant complain

Tested on Star Swarm and BF4 .

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Dx12 will be here long before they get Mantle sorted :p

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    DX14 will be here before then

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Glorious master-race OpenGL is already here though :p

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Too bad no one uses it...

lol

18. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    I dont know who has the problem here, AMD or DiCE...the only thing I know is that in 14.1 1.6 release (2 days before releasing), they (AMD) said "we will be including these performance increases in a future Catalyst release" refering to the low "increase" :roll: that BF4, MANTLE and 7000/r9 270/80 series cards would have ...and then they have not said a single word about this respect....sooooooo....maybe they must do something too by their side...

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    lol.

20. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    You got some emulator using it. ;)