RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Congrats on the new job! A bit of of shame though. Radeonpro was the best third party app out there for amd cards (and nowadays raptr is the main reason for the existence of the ¨personalized¨ option in the catalyst installation)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Not really. I doubt most people need drag-and-drop transcoding and Hydravision, and most graphics drivers from AMD include both (not that most people would notice if they did Express install).

I highly doubt it, unless he has a high-role management position within the company. Although at the very least, Raptr would benefit greatly with a QA person who has some kind of attentiveness to UX :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Well, if they hired him, its more than probable that they want him doing the coding for integrated RP features in raptor or whatever is the name

4. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Raptr will be better with John on board. I highly doubt they hired him just to absorb him into some humdrum app people don't want. Give it time and see what Raptr becomes.

So much negativity from people....

5. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    its not undeserved negativity its negativity based on experience
    Raptr has MANAGEMENT issues there staff and QA are frankly some of the stupidest people I have ever dealt with and there are a ton of people that will back me on that statement it doesn't matter how talented the coders are if the management is retarded see EA games for details on that point
    so Japamd has scored a job doing what he loves todo KUDOS to him hes earned it.
    meanwhile the users that do rely on RadeonPro to fill the gap in amds crappy catalyst package are left out in the cold

frankly I don't see much of a further for Raptr it doesn't do anything useful the target user-base already has a system full of tools that do what Raptr does and do it WAY better and unless they get there ducks in a row and start innovating then they are just gonna fall into obscurity and no .. a rewards system is not a innovation its been tried before and it never lasts long because someone always finds a way to exploit it ... cough cheating .. cough

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  6. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    AMD cards w/o Radeonpro makes NV more appealing to me.

7. AudiTuner

AudiTuner Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte 7950
    This.

8. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    raptr is not oriented for "geeks" like us, it's more for regular people who grabs a card and wants to play PC (at least what I saw, i uninstalled it 4min after installing, but if it starts RP features, then it can be good :nerd:)

9. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    This is a sad day. Without RadeonPro, AMD/ATi owners will suffer greatly and it will likely skew competition even more in Nvidia's favor.

I wish the RP/Infinity Source and documantation would be opened to the public so the community could continue the wonderful work you've done.

Mr. John, congratulations on your new Job, though, I hope it pays well (In my opinion Nvidia should pay you huge sums for "abandoning" RP and thus dishing out a low-blow to AMD/ATi users ;) ) and will make you happy. I don't like Raptr (or "Gaming Evolved") myself, but I understand that a man needs money to put food on his family's table, so best of luck to you!

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^This.

11. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    Ray won't open source radeon pro, much less infinity, cause it would conflict with the new job duties - potentially at least. I'm moving to nVidia heh - ccc is awful.

12. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    An AMD rep said before that they couldn't officially buy or support RP because RP deals with settings that AMD is not comfortable letting users tinker with, because it relies on "hacks" for some settings. I almost feel like John being hired into the Raptr team was partially as a way to compensate him for his RP work, which has greatly benefited every AMD user in the know. I'm also making a complete guess that RP was never made opensource because John secretly hoped AMD would one day buy RP or hire him.

I feel at this stage it would be super cool if RP could be made opensource, since it doesn't seem like AMD wants to officially acquire it, and nobody else is going to be working on it. I personally would still favour AMD cards because of an emphasis by AMD on input lag, and monitor colour options, and price, among other things, but the loss of RP would still be a big deal to me and many others.

Of course, I would completely understand RP not going opensource, and I have nothing but gratitude for John for RP. And my first paragraph being almost entirely guesswork, please forgive me if any of it was way off-base.

13. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Guys come on Because RP is on Hold you think Nvidia is now more appealing? :wanker:

We have not seen the last of JapAMD mark my words, did you guys not catch the hint on the blog post? I am 100% sure some of the RP feature will be added to the AMD GE app.

In the mean time we still have RP 1.0 and it still works with all the latest games I have tried so whats the problem?
    What is it that's making you want to change so badly? Shadow play? use Dxtory much better anyway feature wise.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

NVIDIA doesn't have reliance on bloatware apps for certain functionality.

I still kind of prefer AMD, but not nearly as-much as I once did...

15. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Really too bad, this. I hope it keeps its functionality with newer titles.

16. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Yes, you guys think about the worst thing, but in matter of fact it could be good. Maybe we will see RadeonPRO features build into Raptr App.

Bloatware, not bloatware. I didn't use Raptr software before, but there should be option, to disable unnecessary features, that are not needed in personal criteria of user.

BTW. I use RadeonPRO only for Tripple-Buffering :p
    So as long as it will work (TrippleBuffering) in new games such ass Watch Dogs, new Assassin Creed or any future games, then I'm fine :)

17. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    contratulations jap!!
    hope to see your good work on gaming evolved.

this is good news for amd users people. i don't know what's wrong with it, finally amd is looking and giving the oportunity to good and loyal developers.
    expect to see radeon pro included on gaming evolved or as an official app, expect to see downsampling support.

trust me things are only going to get better. and jap is also a new way for us to have more touch with all amd developers.

18. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    And moonbeams and fairy dust for all. Raptr is BS social networking. Period. It is inferior to every other app of it's type. It's ability to "optimize" your video settings is laughable. Unless Japamd got a high level management position, he will work on what he's told to work on. Expect more of the same .

19. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    THIS
    also still no comment from JAPAMD

20. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    With replies like all these, no need to explain why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.