Sony PS4 thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't understand how a game like Ryse is achieved @ 900p yet, Titanfall is 792p - using the source engine and honestly, looks bad for even a last gen game.

That being said, I'm completely opposite of you. I've hardly touched my PS4 until infamous - now I'm all about infamous and it's given me enough motivation to go back and finish playing Killzone Shadow Fall as well.

But I think the X1 has some decent stuff. Ryse was beautiful game, repetitve, but beautiful. Crimson Dragon wasn't much to look at but I always enjoyed those rail dragon shooter games that were originally on Sega. Killer Instinct is one of the games I said I wouldn't touch, but gave it a free download and ended up paying for the full thing and playing it daily.

What I'm seeing is it seems the Xbox One is the harder machine to develop for, like PS3/Cell was for it's first few years. I think there is plenty of power in it, but you need the right developers who want to put in the proper time to tap into it, the guys who made Titanfall obviously didn't take the time to figure the system out in depth. The game looks terrible and runs about as well as it looks. Xbox One is PS3 all over again. I'm telling ya.

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    probably explains the difference in sales numbers. that, and the price.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    And if you've read the posts then you know why!!! Do you think I enjoy bad-mouthing a console I paid for £430 for? Of course I don't but until I have something to be happy about then, yes, my posts about the Xbox One are going to be negative.

However, I am criticising it in a PlayStation thread so I don't quite understand why you singling me out. Do you honestly expect glowing praise for a Microsoft console in this thread?

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I paid £430 for mine with FIFA 14 but the game was added value and not once did I consider I was getting a £390 console.

As for knowing the PS4 would be better...yes, it was long rumoured that it would be but I never expected the gap between them to be so huge. I had a 360 and PS3 (I still own the latter actually) and shared multiformat games between them despite the 360 having the early advantage. The difference between the 360 and PS3 was nowhere near as big the one between their successors. I paid £350 for my PS4 without any games yet I have no regrets about buying it.

5. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    aside from launch day, where it was basically impossible to play until the afternoon when the login server weren't being hammered like no tomorrow, i agree.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had no server issues at launch with either my XBO or PS4 as I downloaded firmware updates and loads of games and patches. I was quite impressed with how issue-free the launch was actually.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sorry, just thought it only fair to include the price of Titanfall when talking about Titanfall.

Was just curious that's all, not really any of my business how you spend your money.

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    oh.... right..... England. Yea... i'm pretty sure it was a completely different story here on the eastern US. Picked up my PS4 at a midnight launch, brought it home.... even by 3AM i don't think i was able to successfully activate my PS4 on PSN, and if i was able to, it didn't stay up long. That's when i decided to say hell with it until after i slept.

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
  10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What! Guerilla and the Lead dev on Drive Club has left the studio also according to a comment in that link.

Def holding off on getting a ps4.

Also, in regards to Guerilla Cambridge, whos left to work on killzone and other fps for vita.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Soooo.... what you're saying is we're now even LESS likely to see a set release date for Drive Club...... GREAT! :-/

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Look what came in today. :nerd:

[​IMG]

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Wifi on this thing is slow as hell.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    May need to port coward to get it up and going. I just have mine hardwired.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I have it hardwired now. My downloads are running a lot faster now.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Enjoy, I'm sure you won't be disappointed :D

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Wifi on ps3 is slow as hell as well, like a tenth of the speed last I checked compared to wired (well, whatever your internet speed is).

Bought a switch to rely less on wireless (only have one cable coming into the room with internet).

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I wish there was a way to see how long I have played a specific game without relying on the developers to include that info in game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.