RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Not to mention the little inconsistencies that manage to go unnoticed (some games in my list have "Steam" while others have "steam", someone does a great job at QC :bang:).

This and this are my feedback posts of Raptr for anyone interested.

Best of wishes at Raptr japamd!

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thanks for your kindly words, guys. Really appreciate it! I understand the disappointment in regards of infinity not getting released, but I'd like to ask you to try to understand, as I'm going to work full time on Raptr, I wouldn't have much time left to play with RP, not to mention some features may overlap and that would arise legal issues due to the similarities between infinity and Raptr. I hope that clears out things a bit.

If you do want RP features to be pushed into Raptr, you might try to ask Raptr in their forums. I'm all ears and will be happy to do whatever they think it's going to improve the software and users' experience. Your feedback is always welcome!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  3. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    well crap didn't see this coming
    Raptr is garbage in my opinion :puke2: its bloated its useless and its more social networking O hey look I am trying to be steam/xfire that nobody fracking wants

if you are gonna jump ship then you should at least release the current source code to RadeonPro and let somebody else continue development don't leave the current user-base out in the cold because the reality is that no other piece of software does what RadeonPro does :bang:
    what a shame what a waste of your talent japamd

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Well, as you said in your Webpage post, this does sounds bad, BUT, I'm not selfish, so, first of all, congratulations!! I'm really REALLY glad you got a job in the gaming/software industry!
    Second, I do use AMD Gaming Evolved app, so, hearing that you are on its dev team makes me happy and will love to see what it's coming for it.
    So, yes, stay strong. My best thoughts wishes to you.
    Cristian.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Sad news. Anyway, good luck with new job, John!

6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    So now, our jobs is trying to let the CEO of Raptr want to pulling the RadeonPro user into Raptr, and they will doing that by adding RadeonPro feature into it. ;)

But I guess it will be hard.

7. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    @japamd, well, it's kinda sad to hear that we're not gonna see RadeonPro Infinity any time soon but I wish you good luck with your new job.
    But now that it has come to this, even though it might have been discussed before, but have you considered releasing the source of RadeonPro so that other like-minded people would be able to work on the application? I think now that you don't have much for RadeonPro anymore, this might be a good option.

8. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Congrats on the job (really, no bull). Sorry it's with Raptr. It really is a piece of crap, I'm sure you could help a little bit in that regard (you really have your work cut out for you). Also sorry RP is cancelled (that's what "until further notice" really means in the real world). Disappointed. Why not just release 2.0 as is, couldn't be any worse than the Gaming Evolved crAPP.

9. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Hoping theres atleast a semi-final version of RP 1.1 ..like theres a been a few preview betas that arent officially availible like preview_R vers for R9 series.. or one that gets rid of the constant you are running 64bit popup etc :)

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I kind of agree with this. RadeonPro is what I consider a neutral program. Doesn't do anything extra, isn't bloated, and isn't some huge privacy concern for what it is. It's plainly a GPU program.

Raptr on the other hand is pretty bloated, totally unpolished (either their QA person is drunk 100% of the time, or just completely non-existent), and generally speaking, I can't see why anyone would willingly use it aside from it's giveaways and console gametime tracking (Evolve handles most of Raptr's features far better; pretty sure Xfire even does too).

I almost want to say that Raptr doesn't deserve your awesome work :) But I guess it just depends mainly on why you chose to work for them. Do you honestly believe in their app and want to improve upon it in every way possible? Or were you mainly thinking about monetary compensation? Perhaps a bit of both? (I don't really expect an answer; I'm sure you know why you chose)

I'm not totally against having some of RP's features in Raptr, but it would be similar to if Facebook released a program to automatically keep Windows and drivers up-to-date, while also having FB Messenger and other FB features integrated. :puke2:

At least with the source code, we the community can improve onto RP. Or at the very least, those of us waiting for the next version could at least have it as-is currently. It's your code though :)

Overall, I'm happy that you got hired by Raptr, but disappointed to see RadeonPro basically cease development. I hope another alternative comes around at some point...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Congrats on the new Job John, bummer about inifinity.

I use the AMD gaming evolved app as well, so hopefully at least the AA control, and vsync/TB pieces will be added as thats mainly what i use RP for.

For those asking, RP is NOT open source, hes not going to release his code he worked very hard on, particularily since he may use pieces of it through Raptr.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yeah, v-sync, TB and lod are the settings I use (and SMAA). It woudl be really nice if those would eventually be added to Rapt. There really isn't good alternative to RP for AMD users at the moment.

13. LeLeXD

LeLeXD Guest

GPU:
    anyone?

14. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    the problem with raptr is that there is already software that does what it does and does it way better

1. video recording to the hard drive hands down that goes to: afterburner
    2. stat tracking and achievements lets face it most games already have this nativly and the ones that don't are pretty much on steam so again favor to steam

3. update/patch handling again steam/origin already do this hell battlefield even checks to make sure you are running the most recent driver
    4. game overlay: again goes to afterburner/steam
    5. streaming to twitch/youtube a lot of games nativly support that now and for the ones that Don't we have ORBS or ffsplit

so yea raptr is pretty frigging useless as anything but a platform to serve you ad's you could not pay me enough to be involved with that crap
    now I am not saying its bad that japamd got a paying job doing what he does it will open other doors for him .. career wise
    but nobody on this board is gonna switch to using raptr no matter how much or radeonpro gets written into raptr we will go without before using crap like raptr

15. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    After thinking about it for a bit, I have to give credit where it is due. At least we were told that RP is now dead, Ray Adams dropped off the face of the earth and left ATT hanging in the wind. Thanks for that at least Japamd. RP works as it is, I'll just have to find an alternative when upgrade time comes or AMD throws a monkey wrench into how their drivers work (like thats never happened).Good luck with Raptr, but don't expect to see most of us using that bloated trash.

16. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    As happy as I am for the author to finally get paid for his efforts, raptr is bloated trash. It was a truly terrible day to see radeon pro and oculus both go for financial reasons on the same day.

17. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Sad to see RadeonPro go this way. But thats life..

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    With japamd on that team I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that anymore.

19. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Stop dreaming. I don't think he got a job in management.

20. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Congrats! I'm happy for you.
    BUT so sad for RP and it's user's, as this surely means that it's the end for RP.
    As you clearly stated yourself the legal problems that could arise and the time issue will make sure RP is gonna die.
    And i'm 1 of many user's who is NEVER going to use the bloatware RAPTR it doesn't matter how many RP features you add.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.