Assassins Creed IV: Black Flags

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Feb 28, 2013.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You got the Multiplayer characters DLC ^^ maybe they will add more of those, which are.....not needed at all..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Does anyone really play multiplayer? Would anyone seriously buy this game for its multiplayer? :)
    I'm honest, I wouldn't.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    There are some who do, I don't, but I try the mp out with every installement and am amazed how extensive it is. Many game modes, lots of customization, level up rewards, achievements etc. I guess there is an audience for that, else it wouldn't make sense to put so much effort in it.

4. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I played the multiplayer for Black Flag all the way up to a level prestige 1 (which is the next level after 55 or something). Then I quit playing after realizing it would take FOREVER... ****ing FOREVER to unlock any new weapons, skins, etc. If I can't customize my characters or feel like I'm being rewarded properly for my time I'm freakin' gone. Plus multiplayer feels like a cash grab by Ubisoft. It's like playing a free-to-play game; it takes forever (like I said) to unlock the cool stuff, BUT don't worry... you can spend actual hard earned money on ****ty in-game currency to buy all the nice and cool upgrades! **** Ubisoft!! I paid 80 bucks for your damn game and you're still trying to suck micro-transactions out of my wallet.

Uh oh.... here comes the rant..... Ubisoft and EA are the big *******s in the videogame industry! They would get more support and love if they opened up their games a little to the community like Bethesda does with its games. I've log hours upon hours (1100hrs) into Skyrim because of modding. That number would probably be 200hrs if there were no mods. If Bethesda was like Ubisoft or EA and slapped micro-charges on these tiny addons like new skins or weapons, I would have probably spent around 200 dollars, if not more, by now. So in closing, Assassin's Creed multiplayer is a cash grab by Ubisoft and they can shove it up their @ss!

Ah... vent is now sealed.... :nerd:

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hard to compare a single player game to a MP one though, it takes money to keep supporting MP, especially on the PC were games are cheaper and no one pays for online play.

Console owners i can understand though, i'm not really much of a MP gamer myself but saying that i'm still not overly keen on the pay to cheat DLC that is common now, suppose it's handy for those who are crap at games but have spare cash though.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It depends. If they would let people host their own servers....

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Is it already patched to support maxwell 750gtx for physx?

I remember NV saying around mid-end March.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    I would have liked more single player cities to explore.....

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    ^^^Yup, agreed!

10. Andrés

Andrés Guest

I've played it for a while now, I'm close to finishing it for the second time (tough taking my time to collect all treasures and fragments). I can't say I'm as thrilled as when I played AC2 and ACB, but certainly it's better than AC3.

What bothers me is that nowdays the online community events seem to be frozen, so there's no way I can achieve 100% synchronization because I can't get the extra outfit and weapon. In fact, I found only one Royal convoy and only two white whales!. These events should repeat automatically from time to time.

Technically the game has no bugs and runs smooth on my rig at 1680x1050, which as you can see is quite old by comparison (6 years!!!). So I'm happy they gave the PC version proper support this time.

The "present day" storyline was too weak and ambiguous for my taste. No worse than ACR's with that crappy island with Subject 16, but poor.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I agree on all points. It seems AC4's time is over and Watch Dogs is around the corner.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Over? :eek3: I haven't even started it yet! :nerd:

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Something was updated, the readme file while it was updated unfortunately did not contain any info on what this patch changed.

Singleplayer game exe, apex and physx .dll files.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Triple buffered Vsync would be appreciated >_<

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I guess for proper 750gtx physx support, took them long enough.. Almost 2 months overdue.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Oh yeah that one uses a different GPU chip (Maxwell was it?) that's probably it then. :)

17. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Thanks for the report. :)