MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 18(2014-01-02)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Jan 2, 2014.

1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Try disable ULPS.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Didnt help. Still more than one "RTSSHooksLoader64.exe" opened. Its now just not directly after win-reboot but instead 20 seconds later ;)

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I to have it now since beta popup window but once new beta should be fine (I think it affects the loading time on AB with delay ) .
    you have to look at your loading processes and then pick a delay time were nothing happening/loading .

Wait for new beta an retry .This has worked for me an few others .

4. xixou

xixou Guest

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    I jsut noticed I had to disable MSI afterburner otherwhise my new R9 290
    was going very slow when AA 2x, 4x,.. were used in game (wow).
    Is that a known issue ?

5. cawsking555

cawsking555 Guest

GPU:
    nivida 680 msi
    can some one remove the timer its getting anowing also don't use timers this thing is free if this stops being free people will stop using afterburner

6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Nope, the timer force people that lazy to update their MSI AB beta to newest version.

So it make sure people don't report a bug in a old beta.

7. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Jeez this has been discussed to death it's a beta so it runs out get over it.It has nothing to do with free or paid as was already said it is to keep the bug reporting organized so people aren't reporting crap that was already fixed in a later beta or full release.There will be a newer one this week try reading the thread or search for crying out loud.

8. Jackie78

Jackie78 New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX1950PRO-T2D256E
    Hi,

the Beta 18 tells me it will expire next week on Martch 28. I couldn't find a newer version, so how can I delay that timeout?

My problem is that I won't be here during the next two weeks, and would like to have a running system during that time for other family members.

Any way to reset the timeout? I find it a bit confusing that the time period between expiration abd release of a newer version is so short :(

9. mmsandi

mmsandi Master Guru

GPU:
    Try at least to read two last pages before asking a question for the 10th time.

10. Zydor

Zydor Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 7970 Lightning
    I don't believe this ..... in the middle of what is - in effect - a freeking War Zone, and you do a Release .... I'm .... genuinely ... lost for words.

Once you get it done next week, put the freaking keyboard down and look after the family.

Take Care ....

11. Layarion

Layarion Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2GB GTX 770
    Beta

I can't find a trustworthy link to MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 non-beta, infact even when i exclusively filter anything with beta out i still can't find a link to a trustable download.

how do i find the non-beta version?

12. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Guest

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    ULPS was disabled.

13. Bl00dyMurd3r

Bl00dyMurd3r Guest

GPU:
    HD 7950
    If you guys want to get around Afterburner expiring, download RunAsDate from nirsoft. It lets you inject custom dates and times into whatever application you want.

Put the RunAsDate EXE in your documents, program files etc - anywhere where it's not in the way, select the path to afterburner, and set the date a couple months back.

Then check the Immediate mode box, and next to "Create desktop shortcut", Type MSI Afterburner

Make the shortcut, and drag it into your startup folder, and then disable "Start with windows" in afterburner.

Alternatively, if you dont run afterburner on boot, just leave the shortcut on your desktop and run it from there

Works great, no expiration ftw!

14. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    3.0.0 non-beta doesn't exist. A site trying to get you to DL such a file is trying to con you. The latest non-beta release is 2.3.1.

15. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's by far not a war zone on Russian side of border where I'm located, everything is quiet and safe so the only abnormal thing you can notice are APC moving through the city in the border direction. But there is tension in the air, so nobody knows what to expect tomorrow. Anyway, I hope everything will end soon.

16. mkk

mkk New Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 4GB
    Just maybe in some future version the information pop-up could be modified to not show up every single time the program is started, but say once every 24 or 48 hours? It's a perfectly understandable and necessary thing to have. Only it could be ever so slightly less obtrusive.

My hopes for anyone in the region to be able to not having to consider the risk of war breaking out. And for less people outside the region to keep wishing for it...

17. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    So do many of us my friend, stay safe and be smart.

Regards

18. beeswax

beeswax Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming
    Thanks for this, I'd already tried RunAsDate but I missed the "immediate" option and therefore it wasn't working, works now :)

RunAsDate also supports command line so I'm using this command:

I've created a scheduled task for this in Win 8.1 (set to "Run with highest privs" too otherwise it fails to launch) which triggers on login so everything is now back to working as it should.

19. Pepa1

Pepa1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I do not have nerves, I installed EVGA PrecisionX 4.2.1 + RTSS RivaTuner Statistics Server V5.4.1 and absolute satisfaction .....

20. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Please do a favor and stay on Precision forever. At least then I'll be able to save my nerves on answering impatient kiddish requests.