Nvidia GeForce 335.23 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Try lowering your OC.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This driver seems to give me fps drops down to 20fps in Diablo 3 when attacking a large group of monsters. Not to be mixed up with the Vsync stuttering (even though FRAPS says 60fps), that's something else.

Never seen this type of problem before.

- The game is located on an SSD
    - I'm using the Max Performance setting in NVCPL
    - Deleted D3Perfs once
    - Disabled Damage Numbers, no difference.

3. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    Did you change your sound settings? Try lowering the sound channels to medium (64) or low (32) which is the default.

This has to do with the number of sounds played simultaneously, when there is a huge amount of mobs on the screen this requires alot of processing power and can cause severe frame drops.
    I've experienced this myself but this was quite awhile ago since I've been running it on low ever since.

4. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Someone else have low GPU usage and fps drops in SLI with Splintercell dx11 (at 3840x2160)?

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I got it in Bioshock Infinite along with a nv-something-.dll crash.Went back to 332.21 and everything's peachy.

6. Grillob3

Grillob3 Guest

GPU:
    gtx680 3-way-sli
    SLI with this driver stops working during gameplay...starts good but stops after a few minutes. I tested arma 3, bf4 and dayz sa.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You are right, I increased the sound channels some time ago so I'll try to change it back. On the other hand, I got an Asus Xonar, shouldn't it be powerful enough to handle this?

8. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    The sound is processed by CPU, and it will block the main thread.
    Except the AMD TrueAudio, most sound card DSP are dead.

9. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    So are you suggesting it's pointless to buy a separate sound card?

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Not entirely pointless.The audio enhancement features your specific card is capable of will be processed by the card through it's software.However direct sound is always going to be processed by the cpu.The modern soundcard is not going help free up resources for your cpu.Cpus are fast enough now that you need not worry bout it.

11. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    Thanks for the info. I have been using my on-board Realtek sound chip anyway, but always thought about buying a separate card because "it's one less thing for the CPU to do".

12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    It's been running fine here. No crashes, no slowdowns, no hiccups, no problems. Good set of drivers.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That's interesting information and like Bjoswald wrote, it feels like I've wasted 60€ if that is the case. Could aswell ditch my card and just use the onboard audio of my Z77A-GD55? I solely bought it to make sure that I get those extra FPS that would normally be consumed by the CPUs handling of audio. Sure, the Asus card advertises superior sound quality over motherboard audio chips but I can't really tell the difference between them two.

On a side note these FPS drops only occured (afaict) at Rakkis Crossing and Arreat Crater. Googling this brings up a few threads on this matter though none recent. Maybe because people don't change the default value of 32 channels?

14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    IF you want improvement over your onboard in audio wise, keep your card. Unless your using Optical into a receiver, unless your sending the functions of the card to your receiver. There will always be a need for sound cards if you care about analog audio quality or if you need a encoder for gaming over optical with muiti speaker setups.

15. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, a good sound card will greatly reduce the ground noise caused by other hardware on Motherboard.
    So it is not useless.

16. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    Rakkis Crossing is the same exact place I had the issue. Changing the value back to the default 32 solved it for me.
    However this was when the density patch was released and the mob density in those spots was insane, so even more sounds had to be processed by the CPU.

I don't know if it's still related to this now, as mob density across all acts has changed again with the new difficulties in mind.

Back then I came across the same threads when googling, so I made one myself over on mmo-champion and a member pointed it out to me.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  17. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    Diablo 3 is kinda choppy for me too. Just checked, and my Audio Channels are set to 32. I guess the expansion is ramping up the pretty to attract more players.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I use HDMI which transfers video/audio to my TV which then forwards the audio to the Receiver. The optical out jack also functions as Mic so I cannot really do like you suggested.

How does one spot the ground noise? It's been a while since I tested my onboard audio but I didn't hear anything in particular back then.

What density patch was that? 2.0? I wasn't aware of this.

I assume you mean stuttering and not FPS drops? If you mean stuttering and you use in-game Vsync plus has a nVidia card then you're out of luck until Blizzard patches the game.

19. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Good question.

You will need a very good headphone(not beats for sure), and it has much lower impedance, like for smartphone to push easier to a larger sound than other headphone.

In a quiet place, you should hear some noise that caused by current, when there are no music playing through headphone.

But ya, if you are using speakers, I sure you will not hearing it, except you are putting your ear nearby it.

To much easy to hear that sound, you just need to plug in into your smartphone or laptop, as they are more thing together.:)

20. Frankster

Frankster Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gaming G1 SLI
    This driver is a pile of crap for me.
    BF3/BF4 is every 3-5 minutes freezing for about 2-5 seconds, then ok until next freeze. A pita to play...

After investigating my system very carefully I come donw on the video-driver (thought it could be CfosSpeed, VMWare, Firewall, network driver, chipset).

Stepping back to 332.21 and everything is smooth again (without changing ANY other component of the system, and making the compromise that this driver creates flickeriung textures from time to time - best driver for BF3/BF4 is still 313.96).