Geforce GTX 780 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bishi, May 23, 2013.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    np :)

And is it ok?

2. ancientGHz

ancientGHz Guest

GPU:
    /
    ----

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  3. beseitfia

beseitfia Guest

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    ok guys ! I've solved my problem with my gtx780ghz edition :)...I've flashed the card with the skin3t bios and now no more crashes in games..I've tried to set the exactly same max clock as the boost 2.0 for the default bios, and no more crashes at all...

4. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    What a great change just because of the bios. R you getting a better oc as well?.

That's great that your happy with the 290 I was thinking of upgrading to that our the 780 when I had the money but there was only the reference design ones at the time and I love physx in games.

I was wondering something though does your 290 perform like the 780 do you see anything lower or similar, I've seen reviews showing 780 beating out the 290.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well, in terms of 3DMark scores this was definitely upgrade. Impossible to say about gaming performance because I've never benchmarked those and I can't remember what I scored in, say, Tomb Raider benchmark (it's 82 FPS average now everything maxed out).
    [​IMG]

6. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Oh wow very nice, how much did u end up paying for it?. Next question is tomb raider with tress-fx better visually? Or is it easily negligible?.

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    very unrealistic, therefore it is not needed.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    429€, sold the GTX 780 for 440€. Well, I like the tress-fx hair. I do not think that it is any less realistic than the other version but it can be rather personal thing what you prefer.

9. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Well now good price good fun and like the post up above said not needed lol.

My buddy's rig just got slapped by his kid and his titan got damaged, he's in search for a replacement and he wanted to see if the 780 would suffice. I told him yeah because he's only 1080pin it. I got two cards for him to pick my card and the Zotac amp.

10. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Well... as usual, I'm a bit late to the party :cheers:

Should be receiving a 780 classy today, really just looking forward to have something new to play with and test out.

Also happy about going back to single card, the 680L sli has worked extremely well but I still prefer single card setups.

11. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Congrats! You will have TONS of fun with that Classy. :thumbup:

Just make sure to stay in safe margin with those volts/temps IF on air. ;)

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    And not install drivers which corrupts your card into a lame stock card :cry:

13. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Thanks guys,

Received my packages and finished installing the back plate; just going to un-install drivers and Afterburner now then (fingers crossed) I'll be be back up and running... god I love the smell of new electronics :nerd:

14. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

love my new gtx 780 huricaine , but i cant oc vram more than 6400mhz and gpu 1214mhz !!!

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Wow I thought I came a bit late to the party. Just FYI the new KBT 1.27 works with B1 chips so you can alter your power target.

16. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Well, things worked out extremely well yesterday and I'm pleasantly surprised with the performance this card offers over a highly clocked 680 Lightning.

Thanks Loop, got all my tools ready for when I have time to see what this card can do, hopefully on the weekend... wasted all my time yesterday gaming :3eyes:

17. cantoncobaltss

cantoncobaltss Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX 3 gig
    Evga gtx 780 sc acx

I just got rid of SLI EVGA GTX 760's and got the 780 this past saturday. I have 90% or better of the SLI performance with less power use & lower temperatures. I should have gone this route to begin with but I just had to try out SLI. Other than benchmarks there is nothing the SLI cards do better than the single 780. Very happy with my choice just wish I had made it sooner.

18. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    :thumbup:

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    780 were always the best cards out there, have fun and remember 780 LOVES overclocking :D

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Wow the newest drivers i have not one issue with my 780's in bf4,used to crash alot now its been smooth sailing.

Just saying....