HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Must be a driver thing then cause when I enable HBAO+MSAA, there is clearly aliasing on geometry, everywhere.

I don't think the source engine is the problem cause I have no issues with L4D2 or CS:S. Only CS:GO is giving me problems. Oh and Transparency Antialiasing will take care of everything MSAA won't get.

Would be nice if someone else with CS:GO could do some in-depth testing.

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Transparency Super Sampling really doesn't tackle CS:Go's core aliasing problems. It only gets alpha tested textures.

8xSGSSAA even doesn't get everything. If you manage to download my link with the video files compressed into a 7z (FRAPs raw captures), there is a video in there showing plenty of aliasing left after 8xSGSSAA. It's a problem with the source engine itself. CS:GO isn't the only game that has these kind of issues.

L4D2 does, Zeno Clash does, etc.

3. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    What resolution are you using? I use 16xQ + TrSSAA @ 1080p. The only thing I notice is some slight texture shimmering on wall textures. Other than that, I see no issues. AA is doing a great job in fact. This is CS:GO + L4D2. I'll record some stuff if you want.

4. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    The flag for Shadow of Chernobyl causes a weird transparency bug on loading screens (and sometimes the pause menu). (With other shaders, not sure about vanilla)

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Again man, just figure out how to make mega.co.nz work and download my link. It has a video of 8xSGSSAA

Just because you don't notice it, =/= it doesn't exist. And I am glad you don't notice it honestly, because once you see it , you can't unsee it.

Also BTW, there is largely 0 benefit to use 16xQ CSAA, you are just wasting performance, at worst use 8xQ+8xTrSSAA.

This is derailing the thread though. I reported the HBAO+ issue to Nvidia in their official forum thread. Hopefully it can be fixed

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    So you are using mods then? Perhaps test for an alternative flag that works with your mods. Nothing is stopping you. Everyone has the same tools. :)

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    - Rock of Ages -
    Flag: 0x00000030
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||
    General Information: Nothing out of the ordinary. Make sure you disable the built in AO via "Post Process Occlusion". 0x30 Is pretty subtle, but works better than say, 2F or 20 or 10. Those all have one issue or another.

I am pretty much too burnt out ATM to test every other flag in the driver for other working flags.

On http://i.minus.com/iwur3mQC8hxFC.png
    Off http://i.minus.com/iKGXS4uXI1E5b.png

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  8. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I have finally finished an IQ guide for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and posted it in the 3DCenter AA thread: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10147539&postcount=5648

I tried literally all known DX9 AO flags in SW:TFU, but couldn't find anything that applied an AO effect ingame.
    "0x0000002F" slightly increased VRAM usage, but had no effect on IQ.
    To me it also looks like, the game might be using its own ingame SSAO implementation, but there is no way to know for sure, since it has basically no graphics settings :3eyes:
    In the process of testing for HBAO+, I found a better SGSSAA flag "0x000012C1" for the game, so it wasn't a complete waste of time ;)

MrBonk, I suggest you add SW:TFU to the introductory text on page 1 under "List of Games not recommended to use HBAO+ With, or is currently impossible to do so" with the above post from 3DCenter as a reference.
    That way, nobody else will have to waste time testing HBAO+ in this game.

9. airshiraz

airshiraz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970
    hbao+flag for farcry 3 plzzzzzz
    hbao in this games is ugly
    any flag for black ops 2 plz tanxxxxxxxxx

10. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    True, ingame HBAO doesn't look great in FC3.
    But HDAO on the other hand looks very nice in FC3, which is also the case in for example Max Payne 3 DX11.
    HDAO is of course more demanding than HBAO, but driver-forced HBAO+ would probably also come at a significant performance hit in a demanding game like FC3 (provided you could find a working AO flag at all).
    How about you actually do some testing for yourself for a change, instead of just requesting left and right here and on the Guru3D AA thread ;)
    Finding nice SGSSAA and HBAO+ flags can be very hard work, you know :3eyes:

11. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Alternatively you could just disable driver HBAO+ and install the "Complete 2009" mod for S:SoC.
    It enables SSAO, Parallax Occlusion Mapping and tons of other amazing features.
    Here is a tweak guide, I wrote for the STALKER games a while back:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=9947736&postcount=5041

12. airshiraz

airshiraz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970
    i really need to be useful guruknight but i dont know how
    i think only computer engineers can help
    plz send me flags list then i can test them one by one for each game i think its the only way that i can help bro

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Which flag did you try? I tested Elder Scrolls Skyrim flag and it worked ok, although trees were a little darker but its still ok. Even with sweetFX, for Chroma Aberration.

- Im using Autumn Aurora mod.

14. Cure_We_us

Cure_We_us Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    - Half-Life 2 -
    Flag:0x0000002D
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||
    General Information that is relevant and necessary for the game: This flag also works for mods that uses Half-Life 2 but I'm unsure if it is compatible or even works with the latest source engine, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive for example, since the source engine that Half-Life 2 uses is an older version; furthermore, you might want to merge this with Zeno Clash since 0x0000000A and 0x0000002D works for both games due to them both using an older source engine.

15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Unlike AA compatibility flags, there doesn't seem to be much of a correlation between HBAO+ flags and the game engine used.

Also, what exactly is wrong with the official AO profile for HL2?
    Please provide screenshot comparisons between the official HL2 AO profile and "2D", otherwise it didn't happen :)

16. Cure_We_us

Cure_We_us Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    I would if I could but I'm not allowed due to my low amount of posts. As for the official ambient occlusion profile, I saw no difference with ambient occlusion on and off but I saw a major difference with 0x0000002D.

17. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I didn't notice your post count..my bad ;)
    But we still need screenshot evidence, before any HBAO+ flag can be added to the list on page 1.
    MrBonk, I really think you should change this section of your introductory text:
    IMO it should be made an "official" requirement to include comparison screenshots when posting an HBAO+ flag.
    For games without an official NVIDIA AO flag, two screens should be enough, one without AO and one with HBAO+ enabled.
    And for games that already have an official AO profile, a third screenshot should be included, namely one with HBAO+ forced using this profile.

This is the only way to make sure, that unnecessary or nonfunctional AO bits don't get added to your HBAO+ list.
    Hope all of this makes sense :)

It is not my intention to offend anybody, but I am personally getting a little tired of playing the "screenshot police" :rolleyes:

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yes thanks, I saw your post yesterday on 3DCenter and I certainly did add it to the list.

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I can certainly agree to this. :)

20. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC

1. I said I was using other shader mods in my post.
    2. Yes, it enables SSAO and I already have that, however I want HBAO+ not SSAO.