SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    I mean it is different if vibrance is high but its too much, about 0.15 was fine and not overly colorful.

I have turned off AA in dota, I didnt have ULTRA and I tried now and I guess it works ok.

Im not very good at downsampling and sweetfx stuff but I dont know can you downsample in windowed mode?
    I thought its possible only in fullscreen?
    If its possible in windowed how do I do that?

2. blowntaha

blowntaha Guest

GPU:
    2x Corsair vengeance 4gb
    Did not know you were using windowed mode. But, only use SoftTH for downsampling if you can't create custom resolutions in nvidia control panel/ati CCC. SoftTH is great, but keep in mind that it's been dead in terms of development for a long time (dev very recently started again), so there are a lot of bugs, loss of GPU utilization,etc. BTW, you should know that this software was initially intended to be used as a multi monitor gaming solution

I have a y580 with integrated intel hd 4000 and 660m discrete, but the problem is the hdmi and vga display ports are connected to the hd 4000 and intel doesnt let you downsample to a specified resolution like nvidia does. so softth is my only solution

EDIT: If you play windowed mode mainly for alt tabbing reasons (and not fps issues), if you use the same resolution as desktop, alt tab time should be minimal (at least for me it is, on several labs)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  3. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Hello guys, SMAA injector does not work on Windows 8.1 DX11.2, is there anything coming up on this matter? :)

4. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Like I said I could play fullscreen no problem but I want to have smaller area on screen so I dont need to turn my head etc to see everything, picture added to explain it better:

farm8.staticflickr.com/7434/13147856244_7b7f22dfdd_b.jpg

So I have set desktop resolution to 2880x1800 and dota 1920x1080 so dota window is smaller in screen but still in ok resolution.

"To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 4 posts." :(

5. blowntaha

blowntaha Guest

GPU:
    2x Corsair vengeance 4gb
    I wasn't posting links, at least, not on purpose lol. But, I think softTH might work this way, but have never tried it this way. If you already have softTH downloaded and working correctly with SweetFX's dll then in your config.softthconfig file, try these settings:
    [main]
    renderResolution=2880x1800
    nonlocalFormat=RGB32
    keepComposition=0
    smoothing=1
    debugD3D=0
    zClear=1
    vsync=0
    tripleBuffer=0
    screenshotFormat=jpg
    dllPathD3D9=auto
    dllPathDXGI=auto
    dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]
    forceResolution=0
    antialiasing=0
    processAffinity=1
    FOVForceHorizontal=0
    FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]
    compatibleIB=0
    compatibleTex=0
    compatibleVB=0
    enableVBQuirk=0

[head_primary]
    sourceRect=0,0,2880,1800
    screenMode=1920x1080

Replace both instances of 2880x1800 with the resolution you want to render with and then replace 1920x1080 to the resolution you will downsample to. You must also set dota 2's resolution to the rendered one in your C:\...\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg\video.txt

Just CTRL-F your current resolution and replace the values. If you run into problems...
    try disabling:
    1. nonlocalFormat=RGB32 ----- If your monitor/resolution settings are not 32 bit+ color then match it to your value
    2. keepComposition=0
    3. smoothing=1
    4. zClear=1
    If SweetFX doesnt work after this then let me know. And once you get it working, another thing you can do to pimp out your dota is make a 4 gb ramdisk and move some of the .vpk files from dota 2 beta/dota with mklinks; or if you have the ram to spare, the whole folder.

On a side note: You have as many dota 2 games played as I have dota 1+2 :p If you play on american servers, add me

6. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    No no :D I meant it told me that I cant put links because I just made account.

SweetFX works but I just dunno if downsampling works for windowed mode.
    And I dont use softTH.
    I guess for that ramdisk I need ram? I have only 6gb so I think cant do that.
    Also im from EU.

7. blowntaha

blowntaha Guest

GPU:
    2x Corsair vengeance 4gb
    Okay, I just realized, there shouldn't be a reason why downsampling to windowed mode wouldnt work. Like I said before, this was made for multi monitor setups. How it works in the config is you have the render Resolution, then screenMode for the resolution to downsample to, then there is another parameter, sourceRect and this is where you choose "which part of the screen to put where"

So, if you wanted to downsample dota 2 in windows mode, you can just copy paste my settings and I think it should work without any issue.

Also, you're using a 26" monitor, and then, playing dota 2 on a smaller part of that.... I use a 32" tv and i sit half an arm's length close lol. I've actually seen someone use 2 monitors for dota 2 using softth, and get a much much larger field of view

8. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Original Post

Frequently Asked Questions, first page - fourth post

9. fwee

fwee Guest

GPU:
    660 Ti @1111MHz
    Radeon pro doesnt work on 8.1 since its release. [pre-release]

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So anyone figured out a solution for Titanfall with sweetFX ?

11. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Funny, because we've had many posts to the contrary..

Ninjafada said Titanfall only works with radeonpro's SweetFX.

12. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
  13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    simply AC4 and Tomb raider won't allow SFX to work as it should

i enable it and there's one set working ( high contrast and vibrant ) and no chance of editing it at all

the only thing that works is screenshot key other than that whatever i do fails to show on screen

any idea why ?!

14. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Works for me
    One thing to check:
    Go To > Programs/Features > Installed Updates
    Look for kb2670838
    It's installed automatically with IE10/IE11
    It disables SweetFX

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  15. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    -> CeeJay.dk released a new SweetFX Version. 1.5.1
    -> I added all his new and updated Shaders to Boulotaur2024's Injector which has x64 support.
    -> I also added a Chromatic Aberration Shader to this version.
    -> You'll need this Version to get the same results as me.
    -> DOWNLOAD HERE
    -> Ge.tt - http://ge.tt/4CpDyZt/v/0
    -> Dropcanvas - http://dropcanvas.com/iz7s1
    -> Dropbox - http://goo.gl/qiXHtr
    -> For questions or requests visit the forum -> http://sfx.thelazy.net/forum/

I use this modified version of sweetfx, works on all my games included tomb raider 2013, AC4, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, CLOS 2, Fifa 14, CLOS 1, Splinter Cell Blacklist and many more without problems even with that crappy update installed....

Sorry my english

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    thank you

looks like re-installing steam fixed it

17. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref

My question pertains to SMAA, and I have not found any solution on the web for getting SMAA injector to work on DX11.2/Win 8.1. Is there any promising info on that? :)

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What are you using that required DX11.2, if nothing, then treat DX like any other driver and remember that the latest version is not always going to help or add anything, in some cases, such as yours, its preventing SweetFX from working.

Uninstall DX11.2 and install DX11, if Win8 allows that.

19. Ash

Ash Active Member

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI
    I loled

20. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    On request I have ported over all the shaders from SweetFX so that they can now run in MPC-HC.

Download mirrors:

Instructions
    1) Install the latest MPC-HC - you will need at least version 1.7.2 (current version as I write this is 1.7.3)
    2) Extract the shaders to the Shaders folder in the MPC-HC folder.
    3) You can edit settings in the .hlsl files you just extracted.

I assume you know how to add and enable shaders in MPC-HC.

I'd make editing the settings easier if I could but MPC-HC doesn't have an interface for editing shader settings.

This is the first release, and I haven't taken the time to tweak the default settings so they are more suited for watching videos - if you find some better default settings please suggest them to me so I can update the shader package.

All of the code for the effect follows the settings, but in the next version I'll probably separate them and just use a template to include the code from the untouched SweetFX shader, from the SweetFX package for games as this makes porting over new versions of the effect a simple drag and drop of the new file so I don't have to port it again.

I've also made a thread on Doom9.org for this.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.